UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What Are You Playing

neolego

More COD WAW. LOVE It!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got this and haven't been able to play it yet. I am a big fan of COD in general, so I think I will be consumed by this one, too.

You will. I was late to COD4 but got this one right when it came out. I hadn't played it in a couple months but tore it up last night at a buddy's house and tonight we're blow more shit up

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I think that Game special edition pack in's just officially got way too silly?

http://kotaku.com/5313929/modern-warfare-2...edition-unboxed

A little over the top?

T.

oh wow, that's...

yeah, "silly" was the perfect way to describe it, T.

so on sunday, while hunting for BE/MS (and legos), I picked up lego batman for ps3 at TRU for $20. definitely worth it, IMO. endless fun, I could see myself replaying this one time and time again!

but the beast that consumes me at the moment is INFAMOUS for ps3. over the past three days I have got a grand total of 11 hours of sleep, this game is like crack!

and after i'm done with infamous, i'm swapping my friend for prototype (we bought them at the same time to ensure we'd both get to play each game)

I just beat Kirby Superstar Ultra 100% and now I'm playing THE LEGENDARY STARFY (who is incapable of speech lol)

Awesome :)

Kirby SSU still hasn't come out in the UK! I think it's finally out in september, but... thats almost a YEAR.

Still, there are plenty of good Kirby games out there on the DS and the VC, so that should keep me busy till then.

Anyone here got Wii Sports Resort? I got it on thursday and its pretty fun :)

in xmen origins wolverine can you play as anyone else or just wolverine because i might buy it

If there's a way to play as anyone else, I don't know what it is. You can unlock various comic costumes for Wolverine, but you're always Logan.

I heard that you could unlock Mystique somehow, but I never read about how and assume that was just a baseless rumor.

I just beat Kirby Superstar Ultra 100% and now I'm playing THE LEGENDARY STARFY (who is incapable of speech lol)

Awesome :)

Kirby SSU still hasn't come out in the UK! I think it's finally out in september, but... thats almost a YEAR.

Still, there are plenty of good Kirby games out there on the DS and the VC, so that should keep me busy till then.

Anyone here got Wii Sports Resort? I got it on thursday and its pretty fun :)

Why not import KSSU? DS is region free.

Right now I'm playing Pokemon Platinum again, Heatran was a hassle to catch. OM NOM NOM POKEBALLS

I heard that you could unlock Mystique somehow, but I never read about how and assume that was just a baseless rumor.

Maybe you don't unlock her, and In fact you are playing as her (disguised as Wolverine) the entire game. :yes:

I've been continuing Windwaker recently. Dunno why. I just rescued everyone from the Forbidden Fortress...

And I have been playing Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Pokemon Stadiums 1 and 2, and other random N64 games at my grandmother's house. And I am entirely lost in both of the Zelda N64 games. Water Temple in OOT and everything in Majora's Mask. I haven't even found a freaking dungeon in that game.

Knock, Knock

*whose there*

It's ME!!! LOL, Sorry I haven't been around guys.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to add going forward but I wanted to mention the new Xbox Dashboard update. I was a Preview User so I've had it for a few weeks. Everything was included except the Games on Demand which started showing up yesterday on my Marketplace. Now, I have to be really honest with you, GoD was of my MOST WANTED features for the Xbox. In fact, I've said it here before that I hope the Next Gen is all DLC. Anyway, I have to say that I was SORELY let down when I started investigating. I was making my list, and checking it twice. Mass Effect, LEGO Star Wars: TCS, Burnout, Bioshock, and Oblivion were all on my To-Buy list. Then my Xbox reached up and kicked me right in the nads! Bioshock and Oblivion both $30?!?! LEGO Star Wars $30....Give me a Break. Crap, GameStop has an Oblivion/Bioshock 2-Pack for $40. Maybe I missed something, but I thought by making everything downloadable you are saving on Packaging Costs, Manpower to Manufacture, Shipping Costs, etc. However, it's actually MORE EXPENSIVE to download your favorite titles. Maybe I just suck at business economics, but if I have to charge $60 for my games once they are burned onto a CD ($), boxed by labor ($$), sent to retailers ($$$) I would also think if all I had to do was put the game on a server for people to download with NO ADDITIONAL COSTS, I could sell the same game at $40 and probably make the same amount of profit.....if not more!!

In short, I would never pay $60 for Bioshock and Oblivion to download when I can just run 3 miles up the road and pick up the same two games for $20 less. I was really hoping to see $20 games at $15, $30 games at $20-$25, etc. The only game right now that stands a chance of taking up my harddrive space is Mass Effect. I never bought it or played it but always wanted to and it's both $20 on the Marketplace and at GameStop, so no real loss for me.

So, what about you guys. Anyone planning on using Games on Demand?!?!

neo

Knock, Knock

*whose there*

It's ME!!! LOL, Sorry I haven't been around guys.

I'm sure I'll have plenty to add going forward but I wanted to mention the new Xbox Dashboard update. I was a Preview User so I've had it for a few weeks. Everything was included except the Games on Demand which started showing up yesterday on my Marketplace. Now, I have to be really honest with you, GoD was of my MOST WANTED features for the Xbox. In fact, I've said it here before that I hope the Next Gen is all DLC. Anyway, I have to say that I was SORELY let down when I started investigating. I was making my list, and checking it twice. Mass Effect, LEGO Star Wars: TCS, Burnout, Bioshock, and Oblivion were all on my To-Buy list. Then my Xbox reached up and kicked me right in the nads! Bioshock and Oblivion both $30?!?! LEGO Star Wars $30....Give me a Break. Crap, GameStop has an Oblivion/Bioshock 2-Pack for $40. Maybe I missed something, but I thought by making everything downloadable you are saving on Packaging Costs, Manpower to Manufacture, Shipping Costs, etc. However, it's actually MORE EXPENSIVE to download your favorite titles. Maybe I just suck at business economics, but if I have to charge $60 for my games once they are burned onto a CD ($), boxed by labor ($$), sent to retailers ($$$) I would also think if all I had to do was put the game on a server for people to download with NO ADDITIONAL COSTS, I could sell the same game at $40 and probably make the same amount of profit.....if not more!!

In short, I would never pay $60 for Bioshock and Oblivion to download when I can just run 3 miles up the road and pick up the same two games for $20 less. I was really hoping to see $20 games at $15, $30 games at $20-$25, etc. The only game right now that stands a chance of taking up my harddrive space is Mass Effect. I never bought it or played it but always wanted to and it's both $20 on the Marketplace and at GameStop, so no real loss for me.

So, what about you guys. Anyone planning on using Games on Demand?!?!

neo

The short answer is nope! - my game buying habits are simple I either buy new games when I really want it at release or wait til I can pick them up dirt cheap on ebay etc. The games available and pattern of release for GoD just doesn't fit that.

What you do need to download is BG1943 and play that though it's sooooo much fun!!!

T.

I wouldn't download games for those prices. I saw a used Mass Effect at Gamestop for $15 several months ago. It's probably down to $10 now. I guess for some people who live in rural areas or outside the U.S. it could be a bargain. It also appeals to people who don't want to have to wait for someone to ship it from eBay, or to drive to the Gamestop. As such, they may well get people to buy these games at that cost, but probably not many (unless it is a new game going for $30, but the new ones will, I'm sure, cost the same there as at retail stores). I was annoyed enough when Nintendo, who first said old school NES games would basically be free, started charging $5 for them on the Wii (many of which could be bought used online for the same price or cheaper).

See, the draw for me is having the games on soft copy. I have LEGO Star Wars: TCS and I've played the Darth out of it, but I will still buy that on demand so I will have it on my HDD. I love the ability of booting up a game at any time I choose and switching on the fly. No loud disc drive sounds, no RRoD. It's all of that........but it's not worth the price they are asking!

neo

I recently downloaded the new CoD: WaW map pack 3, and the Blink 182 track pack 1 on xbox live, and when I went to play them, Rockband wouldn't load the songs and for CoD, it said the content was damaged. <_< Now I'm re-downloading the content, to see if it will work. Is/Has anyone else had this problem?

I'm currently playing Ghost Recon 2 and actually enjoying it. They did some nice work on upgrading the graphics and some of your tool. The only thing that kind of bums me out is you can't see what your command grade is in the statistics anymore and the AI doesn't always keep up with the commands. Other than that, pure fun and really worth the $20.00 price tag.

playing nothing right now. Between work, my 7 month old (wow time flies), and attempting to prep for fantasy football I haven't fired up the xbox in ages

Alright, well I guess I'm the only Madden fan in the room. For what it's worth, it's a fantastic game this year. No major differences but enough small improvements to keep me happy!

On to another subject, the Summer of Arcade part II. How does everyone feel about the line up? Have you purchased/played any games? What are your thoughts?

I will say, from the annoucement, I have been WAITING for "Shadow Complex" (Here's a nice review of it: Shadow Complex). I LOVE the classic Metroid and Castlveinia games, so this is right up my alley! I cannot WAIT to download this game. I may have to wait until Friday (payday), but I will buy this game.

I also wanted to mention Trails HD. Did anyone purchase this game? I hadn't had a chance to play it until Saturday. I played Madden most of the day and wanted a little break. I remembered that I had the demo and hadn't tried it. So I turned it on......and spent the next 2 1/2 hours playing the DEMO!! This game is fantasic and addicting. Me and my Brother-in-law just kept going back and forth trying to beat each others time. If you haven't played it, it's kinda like ExciteBike meets Tony Hawk meets Sonic the Hedgehog and it's just too much fun. This was the SoA game that least had my attention, but now it's a must buy as soon as I get some money!

neo

Shadow Complex looks pretty neat! As for Madden, it is one of my all-time favorite games, but only because I used to live near friends who I could play against from time to time. Now, I don't, so I don't have any use for it. However, if anyone here has PS Network or XBox live and thinks they might play a bit of Madden online, let me know. That might be enough incentive for me to invest in the game and multiplayer access.

At the suggestion of TBT, Rainbow Six in Vegas and it's not bad. At first I wasn't sure, since the bad guys were a little hard to see in Mexico, but I'm getting used to the controls and killing a few more baddies than I was originally. For $19.99 it's not a bad game, I just wish R6V2 would go down to that :lol: I'm thinking once the 3rd one hits, that will be the case.