UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Email DST for Princess Bride!

As you all probably know, DST said in the last Q&A that if there were enough Emails for Princess Bride, they might look into it. So, here you go, start emailing if you want Princess Bride.

I love the Princess Bride but do we really want minimates for every movie? And does that movie translate well into minimates? How would a Fezzik minimate ever work? So all you would get is Westley, Inigo, Buttercup, and Humperdink or The man with 6 fingers. Me, I'd pass. I'd rather hound them for something more translatable to the medium. Because without Fezzik what's the point.

and how many emails do we think it would take?

better yet, someone with some serious disposable income, purchase the set as an exclusive and then everyone on the board can buy a set.

because i dont care how many emails they get, if someone doesn't front the cost...it aint gonna happen.

if you REALLY want to send emails, send em to AFX or BBTS or some other online source that could support a retail exclusive.

Maybe BTTF could give us an update on their exclusive, was it succesful?

Considering you can't find the 1st set anymore and the others seem to sell well, I'd think it was a successful thing.

So, are there any Princess Bride sites out there with an owner who'd back this?

Considering you can't find the 1st set anymore and the others seem to sell well, I'd think it was a successful thing.

So, are there any Princess Bride sites out there with an owner who'd back this?

BTTF didnt have anything to do with the first set, just the exclusive

How do you make a Fezzik? Easy! Do him as a 3" with a bulky jacket, like Kingpin. Heck, there's probably several medieval-style pieces they could borrow from the whole LOTR line to flesh out a Princess Bride set.

I dunno, I would certainly like to see these made into mates, could even be divided into the following:

4-Pack: "The Challenges"

Westley as The Dread Pirate Roberts - with sword

Inigo Montoya - with sword

Vizzini - with 2 goblets

Fezzik - with rock

2-packs:

Prince Humperdinck / Buttercup

Count Tyrone Rugen / The Albino - with wheelbarrow

Miracle Max - with Holocaust Cloak / Valerie

Con-Exclusive:

The Grandson / The Grandfather

"Website" Exclusive:

The Impressive Clergyman

And I'm sorry to say minimadman, Desperately Seeking Susan is a movie that ended up becoming a licensed property for Minimates, so why not a movie that, as far as I'm concerned, people actually care about?

How do you make a Fezzik? Easy! Do him as a 3" with a bulky jacket, like Kingpin. Heck, there's probably several medieval-style pieces they could borrow from the whole LOTR line to flesh out a Princess Bride set.

Didn't DST say no more 3" mates?

And I'm sorry to say minimadman, Desperately Seeking Susan is a movie that ended up becoming a licensed property for Minimates, so why not a movie that, as far as I'm concerned, people actually care about?

I agree Desperately Seeking Susan is a terrible idea for a property. But I don't feel that Princess Bride is much better and it's not because I don't like the movie. I love Princess Bride I just don't think that it is visually interesting enough for the medium. I think that in minimate form they would be boring.