UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #10 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

I sure as hell hope that some of these prototypes at SDCC are going to be Battlestar Galactica. The Razor sets are right around the corner and we have yet to see what is next. Hopefully they will show the next few waves and some (crossed fingers) exclusives.

It looks like they'll just be showing the prototypes and not selling it.

And how long will it be before someone starts an 'E-mail DST for Princess Bride Mates!!!!!' thread? I figure it'll be by the end of the week.

Edited by groundhog7s

I'm really surprised that Minimates haven't sold well in the UK, given the disproportionate number of UKers on these boards.

Also, I'm really glad to hear that they have at least investigated the Ghostbusters angle. I hope we get a 4 pack, at least, at some point in the future (and Maxi Minimate Stay Puft!). Its just too bad that instead of DST, Medicom execs apparently read my posts here and then decided to make Kubrick Ghostbusters a reality. Thanks my Nihon-based buddies! Please send me a couple of free cases for giving you the idea :)

Edited by karamazov80

Darn Chuck and Matt's TV to only Show I love lucy re-runs... Yet another "NO" For Captain Britain... So much for the if enough people ask theory!

I'm going to go and stand at the DST booth at SDCC for all the show ( and perhaps outside the hall on setup day) with a big sign saying make Capt Britain and embarrass them into doing a Psylocke/Capt Britain 2 pack!

T.

I'm getting really fuckin pissed off at DST!

Union WHO and Captain Britain. Get a grip guys yes we Brits ask for these because they are 2 of a very select few of non american origin or american based heroes and its not just the Brits that ask Captain Britain is a popular hero full stop! It seems his comics sell well no matter what.

I have been frequenting another forum for another collection I have (Marvel and DC comics Figurines) I was surprised how closely the makers of these figures work with the forum (not an official forum but it is the main one for these things)

They actually show protos of the figures and ask for feedback from the members on what they think of them even going back and resculpting when a figure doesnt make the grade for whatever reason. Shock horror a company actually listing and taking note of their customers!

Now I know a answer is going to be but we are a small minority when it comes to minimates but I somewhat disagree

This board has over 1300 members what we need to work out is what % of mates made are purchased by this board.

if we can prove that this board alone purchases IMO anywhere near 20-25% of mates worldwide then maybe for once DST may listen to us and stop just phobbing us off with idiotic and nonsense anwers.

I am not jsut saying this to get a Cap Brit or a Union Jack but any figure they keep ducking us on Marvel Trek whatever.

Ok rant over

I think we should be happy that Matt and Chuck even answer our questions at all. I don't remember there being much in the way of "official" interaction on the old Art Asylum boards and on other forums I know that the powers that be don't even frequent them let alone comment.

Of the membership, a third of that number might be active, and even still it's retailers that have the power. You think 'cause you buy the occasional case that you deserve a say in terms of character selection? Ain't gonna happen.

Ady and Shane have worked hard to develop a good relationship with DST. Let's not look a gift-horse in the mouth.

I agree. It's been said in the previous Q&As that this board only makes up a smaller portion of the buyers. I doubt trying to strong arm DST into making a figure will work. Also, we've seen plenty of times that our voice is heard. Tweaks have been made in the past to upcoming releases due to fan opinion. We've seen characters released that we called for for ages. Just because it isn't in the plans today doesn't mean we won't see Captain Britain.

Union WHO and Captain Britain. Get a grip guys yes we Brits ask for these because they are 2 of a very select few of non american origin or american based heroes and its not just the Brits that ask Captain Britain is a popular hero full stop! It seems his comics sell well no matter what.

I have been frequenting another forum for another collection I have (Marvel and DC comics Figurines) I was surprised how closely the makers of these figures work with the forum (not an official forum but it is the main one for these things)

They actually show protos of the figures and ask for feedback from the members on what they think of them even going back and resculpting when a figure doesnt make the grade for whatever reason. Shock horror a company actually listing and taking note of their customers!

Now I know a answer is going to be but we are a small minority when it comes to minimates but I somewhat disagree

This board has over 1300 members what we need to work out is what % of mates made are purchased by this board.

if we can prove that this board alone purchases IMO anywhere near 20-25% of mates worldwide then maybe for once DST may listen to us and stop just phobbing us off with idiotic and nonsense anwers.

I am not jsut saying this to get a Cap Brit or a Union Jack but any figure they keep ducking us on Marvel Trek whatever.

Ok rant over

Wow that was completely unnecessary and childish !

DST doesn't HAVE to answer any of our questions. They do it out of their kindness to us the fans.

I for one respect their honesty when they say "no" to a certain character. At least then we know, if it is on the radar screen or not.

We all have our favorites, and I will admit when one of my favorites is passed up it stings, but I also know it isn't a personal attack on me, or people who like the character. It is a BUSINESS decision, based on sales, retailer interests etc.

Do i want a Captain Britain? Sure, if he is in his 70's costume with the hair exposed. Will I lose my mind and get pissed off if I do not get him? No, because it is a toy and not the end of the world.

As far as your math, you may want to collect some data before you go and spout off percentages purchased from this board. Yea there is an ok size to this community, but i doubt we make up 25% or greater of the demographic... Shit man we couldn't get more than 100+ signatures to save the DC line....

So, take a deep breath, count to 10 and then maybe edit your post. Realize that if the demand is there they will fill it. Until then, getting pissed off and swearing about honest answers get you nowhere

and that is one to grow on

moc847

As much as I appreciate them taking the time to do this, we get more sarcasm than actual "answers". Every time theres a new Q&A I open the thread excited to see if theres any news in it, only to end up irritated after reading it. After 10 of these things ,IMO anyway, it seems like the DST-fan relationship is almost non-existent. Ehh *shrugs shoulders*

We are very fortunate to have the relationship with DST that we do have. We get a surprisingly good amount of information from these Q&As. A large company is not going to post major news in a Q&A on a small website like ours. They will do it in a nationwide press release. The little tidbits we get are icing on the cake.

If you would look it was not me that even asks all the time for these figures

Its not the non choice of figures that got or gets me so annoyed it was more the comment on how few minimates are bought in the UK. Do they realise how hard it is to actually buy mates outside of mainland USA even when they where being exported to other countries. I have bought and will try to buy all my marvel mates from waves 1 and 2 all the way through from UK stores and only have to resort to ebay for the american exclusives.

My LCS when they could get mates would sell out all the time now they are unable to get any so thats that. I dont know how many a place like Limited Edition now get in or how long they stay on the shelf.

Its not the non choice of figures that got or gets me so annoyed it was more the comment on how few minimates are bought in the UK. Do they realise how hard it is to actually buy mates outside of mainland USA even when they where being exported to other countries. I have bought and will try to buy all my marvel mates from waves 1 and 2 all the way through from UK stores and only have to resort to ebay for the american exclusives.

My LCS when they could get mates would sell out all the time now they are unable to get any so thats that. I dont know how many a place like Limited Edition now get in or how long they stay on the shelf.

so what does this have to do with your earlier rant?

LOL I'm working on that one

LOL I'm working on that one

OK now that made me smile!!!

welcome back Dr. Banner...why are you only in torn purple pants?

Minifiend UK, ARE-JAY, and others - I think you missed a bit of joking by Chuck and Matt. They like to have fun, just as we do. These question and answer sessions wouldn't be any fun if they gave us monotoned details about their upcoming business plans. Expect some silly and vague answers because, in the end, that is much more fun.

Minifiend UK, ARE-JAY, and others - I think you missed a bit of joking by Chuck and Matt. They like to have fun, just as we do. These question and answer sessions wouldn't be any fun if they gave us monotoned details about their upcoming business plans. Expect some silly and vague answers because, in the end, that is much more fun.

To YOU. You might find it funny, I find it to be sarcasm. So no, I didn't "miss a bit of joking" but thanks for caring enough to make a post about it =) ;)

And seriously, after 10 Q&A's of "vague and silly answers" I think I know what to expect but thank you Captain Obvious lol

Edited by ARE-JAY

To YOU. You might find it funny, I find it to be sarcasm. So no, I didn't "miss a bit of joking" but thanks for caring enough to make a post about it =) ;)

And seriously, after 10 Q&A's of "vague and silly answers" I think I know what to expect but thank you Captain Obvious lol

so if you know what to expect why are you bitching about it?

earth to you...the world doesn't revolve around your ass. If you do not like the answers don't read em.

sheesh kids these days

TO paraphrase the song...

"You cant always get what you want... but if you try real hard you sometimes find you get what you need"

These Q&A's aren't about solid answers they are about poking around the edge of what they might tell us and see if you can find a way to get something worthwhile. The tone has and probably always will be deeply tongue in cheek, it's part of the way they sometimes drop clues without making it a bigstatement. There is always something to be gleaned from these Q&A's you just need to know how to ask and how to read the answers.

If you do not enjoy the 'game' or understand the rules then don't play, please do not insult DST or anyone else because you are frustrated.

T.

so if you know what to expect why are you bitching about it?

earth to you...the world doesn't revolve around your ass. If you do not like the answers don't read em.

sheesh kids these days

Simply put, because I can =) Its a forum and a "discussion" thread hence the title. How boring would this place be if everyone agreed?

And I wasnt attacking DST or anything, I even said I appreciate them taking the time to do this, all I was trying to say is that I wish we got a lil more "answers". To quote good ol' Charlie Brown- "Good Grief!" lol

Edited by ARE-JAY

Personally, I disagree with the fact that everyone compliments these guys for answering out questions. I don't like that they answer questions. We should all accept what they choose to tell us, and not complain. I get frightened and anxious if I can not be passive and obedient at all times.

Personally, I disagree with the fact that everyone compliments these guys for answering out questions. I don't like that they answer questions. We should all accept what they choose to tell us, and not complain. I get frightened and anxious if I can not be passive and obedient at all times.

Hey Mods...here is my vote for creepiest post of the day. :confused: