UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Online & Champions Online

Nestlé

So I mever played CoH.

The 1:1 speed in DCU is what's getting me interested. Is CoH like that too?

I played FFXI and the menus blow.

The release date on DCU currently is 07/08/2009.

So, they're gonna land very close together.

City of Heroes was great! It's been a while since I've played, but if I remember correctly you had a Melee Button and a couple of Attack Buttons and you chose a few attacks in order and then your guy automatically did it. It wasn't 1:1 but is wasn't no where near as slow or complicated as FF!

However, Champions appears to be 1:1 just like DCU which I think is MUCH better for a console. CoH was made for a PC so it worked pretty good and FF probably worked good on PC too, but neither were made for Consoles. Both of these games are made for a Controller which should be a nice benefit! neo

• 2 weeks later...
I got a chance to play DCU this weekend....I was blown away.

Ok dude, you don't get to just post that and everything be OK. We need some details!!

First, where were you at?

How did it play?

Who was your character, what powers?

Did you see any familiar faces?

Describ the controls...

Come on name, enquiring minds wanna know!!! :D neo

Well my in laws paid for plane tickets/FF tickets to Las Vegas for the SOE Fan Faire 2008 for me and the wife. At first I was iffy on it even though it looked good because of only having 4 powers. But you can trade out powers with those 4. The character was one that someone else made and all of the powers I played with were fire based. I was fighting along side Superman and Batman against the likes of Bazarro and Lex Luther (I tossed him a few blocks away). On that level or was it called an area Brainiac had taken over human with a virus and if there were more people we could of tried to take down his "mothership". I played it for a short time on the ps3 there was a line at the time I was there. You don't die you just get knocked out for a little while (most I saw was 5-6 seconds) You can damage the environment but it's only short term (totally love the street damage)

Here's a video from the show. If I had though of it i could of gotten a small video while I was there sorry.

Edited by Zombieboyfiend