UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the logical choice would be to have a 90s Fantastic Four versus the New Fantastic Four wave.

Vested Mr. Fantastic / Spider-Man

"Mom no!" Invisible Woman / Hulk

Bulked up scarred face Thing / Wolverine

Jacketed-yet-sill-on-fire Human Torch / Ghost Rider

At least, that's how I would do it.

5 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Image result for 90's fantastic four comics

This is the era I was thinking of, when they all wore 90's-ified versions of the Negative Zone costumes. Most of them weren't exactly what I'd call "good", but it's one of the few legitimately unrepresented versions of the F4. We've had modern, Future Foundation, Negative Zone, and (almost <_<) classic. Aside from those... did they wear red for a bit? Was that a thing?

I'm not a huge F4 fan, so I didn't have a specific version of the Frightful Four in mind. That said, I'd probably go with Wizard, Trapster, classic Medusa, and a redone Hydro-Man over another Sandman. I don't know if that was ever an actual team roster, but to me it seems classic enough without too much retreading.

A more classically coloured version of TRU 15's Human Torch would be nice, but I still think a new classic Sue is the most needed F4 minimate.

I just bought that issue Buff. And @Kostisfire Maker is who I was thinking for sure. I'd buy that wave too. I also meant that I don't know if the flamed on Torches are perfect to me either. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

Well @funkguerilla that depends... Are the Alt FF going to be wearing the FF uniforms from the what if Vol 2 #78? If it's that's the case, I'm all for it. 

I like where Buff's head is at too.

Take another look at @MisterPL's pictures... what does it say about the film industry that Roger Coreman is the one whose Ben Grimm looks the most like a comics accurate Thing? I could insert a long winded rant about the more money they spent, the less like the Thing each iteration of the character looks... but the images speak for themselves.

For FF sets, I'd prefer:

LCS:

- Thing in white/blue "4" tank top (extra battle scarred face and helmet) and classic Diablo

- classic Sue and Reed. Colors match Best of Reed and he comes with new stretch pieces.

- Crystal and Dragon Man

- Clear Invisible Sue and classic Red Ghost (HERBIE included)

TRU:

- Nova flame Human Torch (all white)/ Lyja

- Trapster/Wizard in classic getups

- Gorgon/Lockjaw repaint

- Crystal in FF costume/Psycho-Man

Boxed set of classic Kirby Inhumans:

- Black Bolt

- Medusa

- Karnak

- Triton

Edited by Mystery Man

9 hours ago, Mirymate said:

Well @funkguerilla that depends... Are the Alt FF going to be wearing the FF uniforms from the what if Vol 2 #78? If it's that's the case, I'm all for it. 

Nah man.  I was thinking standard issue new FF.  And by that I mean, if I had my druthers, it would be the team as they appear in issue 348:

VLylkSL.jpg

So like a sweet new Mr. Fixit, new Civilian Wolverine, and...  well standard versions of the other two. But still, this would be the preferred line up.  Maybe with a Skrull or a Ms. Thing Sharon Ventura as a build-a-fig.

But, we all know that's a pipe dream of a pipe dream.  Really, really for economic reasons, the lineup should be more like the Proto-Secret Defenders from issue 374:

rXHkHTh.jpg

Updated Prof Hulk, Fun Berserker Yellow Wolverine, and the same two standards as the above example.  Only this way, the BAF could be an Astral Dr. Strange (to play up the Secret Defenders thing) OR Lyja (which would be preferred).

Either lineup, I'm down.  Not my first choice, but if we were going to get the FF again, this would be a fun wave to pick up.

Since the wave 48 outfits were absolutely perfect, I'm gonna present this as variations on those costumes.

"Lab Ready" Reed Richards (better hairpiece and not so wobbly head) / Trapster 

Johnny Storm (angrier or more neutral expression and unique body to Mr F) / The Wizard 

Crystal (honestly wouldn't be opposed to an FF outfit for her) / The Thing (trousers and boots or onesie like the cover of #350)

The Invisible Woman (clear variant of wave 48) / Titania 

As for a BaM: Franklin Richards built like Carl Grimes. 

this way, we get a complete FF that fits in with one we already have, a wanted auxiliary member and three villains who've needed to be made and with that, most of a Frightful Four. Just throw in another one of the members we do have and bingo. 

If there were to be a Toys R Us companion (unlikely given the FF's state, but we got one with Wave 48!) I'd say:

FF She-Hulk / Doctor Doom (he needs a better cloak and Shulkie needs an anchor) 

She-Thing / Extra-Rocky Thing (it's perfect) 

Spider-Man / Hydro-Man (yeah, I know but Spidey's a pretty integral part of The FF's lore and Hydro-Man is a needed update and a Frightful Four-er)

Anyways, that's just my two cents. Take it as you will. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

If I was gonna get Spidey with a F4 wave i really wish it'd be bagman. However I get that it'd probably need to be the classic recognizable costume. Although I think anybody who maybe doesn't even read comics but just likes spidey or superheroes would see the bagman costume and see the name Spider-Man and be intrigued. 

Ya know, @funkguerilla, #374 is the issue Logan wounded Ben... and then got his butt handed him by Mr. Grimm for the second time. (first time was FF vs X-Men, Thing took him out with one punch. One Punch)

Personally, I'd rather the modified standard FF costumes from the end of What If just for something different. A new Prof. Hulk would be nice... with the sleeves and bare feet... with an option for bunny slippers, and a giant "Choom!" gun. But that's a lot for a look the character hasn't sported regularly for nearly 25 years. I'm up to my ears in standard issue Spidey's. And I know I'll be buried deeper before all is said and done. So interesting variations hold greater interest for me. FF uniform Spidey with Bag Man options... that holds my interest.

The New Fantastic Four in their F4 uniforms seem like they'd be a good way to get some more obscure F4 villains and supporting characters, since they're fairly recognisable versions of big name characters.

Between Greatest Hits and regular releases, I don't really need to see any more classic Spideys and tigerstripe Wolvies, but Professor Hulk and 90's Ghost Rider could definitely use updates.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

6 hours ago, Mirymate said:

A new Prof. Hulk would be nice... with the sleeves and bare feet... with an option for bunny slippers, and a giant "Choom!" gun. But that's a lot for a look the character hasn't sported regularly for nearly 25 years.

I share this thought, Miry. That's my favorite Hulk look and I think it's very toyetic. On the topic of dream waves, a Hulk solo wave is LOOOOONG over due. maybe something like:

Professor Hulk re-do (complete with bunny slippers :lol:) / Doc Samson 

Abomination (the mega-rage version we all need.... with 4 toes) / Sensational She-Hulk (John Byrne black leather outfit)

Joe Fixit (White Tux) / Logan (either Patch to go with Joe Fixit or street clothes like he wore as part of the new FF which also goes with Joe Fixit?)

Namor (ponytail?) / Tiger Shark (This pack may seem out of the ordinary, but Namor and Hulk do have a unique relationship and it's not like Hulk's never fought Tiger Shark)

A quick and easy BAF could be Rick Jones. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

If we got a Hulk wave I'd want a classic purple She-Hulk in the mix, but a Rick Jones BaF is a great idea.

We already have two of those and Bryne's She-Hulk has so much character in just the design alone that I think it'd make a really fun minimate. But, to each their own I suppose. 

3 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

We already have two of those and Bryne's She-Hulk has so much character in just the design alone that I think it'd make a really fun minimate. But, to each their own I suppose. 

Both of the She-Hulk 'mates we have are in a more modern costume. The one I'd like is the one she wore after returning to the Avengers from the F4, but her Secret Wars-era costume would be good too.

She-Hulk needs a redo. I don't buy bulked up mates anymore besides mandroids just because they seem out of scale to me but @NerdyTrev's proposed wave is a good one to where I'd buy the wave for sure just cause of the other mates in the packs. Doc Sampson, and Rick Jones are two mates I'm surprised haven't been done yet. And out of all the nearly identical Wolverines we get, a Patch with the updated suits with the little tie accessory would be super welcome. 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Both of the She-Hulk 'mates we have are in a more modern costume. The one I'd like is the one she wore after returning to the Avengers from the F4, but her Secret Wars-era costume would be good too.

Ohh I know which one you mean now. Yes I completely agree thats the one we need. 

No matter what else... a Rick Jones BAF needs to happen. Ya here me, @DSTZach and @DSTchuck? Needs to happen!!!! (And then an Edwin Jarvis)

Namor & Hulk do have an affinity....& the mention of 'ponytails' threw me for a moment ......then I recalled ........'Tails to Astonish' :thumbsup:

Rick Jones .  There was a discussion in another thread ( Avengers wish list thingy) here & I was dying to add him to the list ...I left it alone ...I'm so lacking in confidence these days.

......the Captain Marvel we've had ,isn't that Rick Jones ?

bhm goes off to his bed , Mirymate is lured out & in the morning ol' butt will see if he has taken the bait.

37 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

No, Rick's Marvel had white hair and at a normal length. However, not sure if you knew that already or not given the final line in your initial post. 

Edited by NerdyTrev

2 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

bhm goes off to his bed , Mirymate is lured out & in the morning ol' butt will see if he has taken the bait.

2 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

No, Rick's Marvel had white hair and at a normal length. However, not sure if you knew that already or not given the final line in your initial post. 

Rick Jones was bonded to the "original" Kree Captain Mar-Vell, which BHM correctly ID'd as some we do indeed have a minimate of, and was almost right up to the Captain's untimely death. Marvel (the company not the character) was determined to keep Mar-Vell's book alive long enough to fully secure the rights to the name Captain Marvel, and thought bonding the alien to their most popular sidekick would help. So Rick became Mar-Vell's alter-ego, with them trading places by banging the Nega-Bands they wore on their wrists together, only one of them could be on Earth, the other banished to the far end of the Negative Zone communicating with each other over a telepathic link. The teenager who transforms into an adult hero... sounds familiar... It was also that connection to Rick that brought Mar-Vell into contact with the Avengers in the first place. Years later, after Mar-Vell's death from cancer, Rick would find himself bonded to Mar-Vell's son Genis-Vell at the end of the miniseries Avengers Forever. Pretty much the same deal as before, psychic link, only one could be in Earth's dimension at any one time, but they swapped the Negative Zone for the Microverse that time around. The series was at times wonderfully creative, probably the best modernization of a spell needing the blood of 100 virgins I've ever read, but it was a lot of PAD indulging himself, and got downright weird at times. And then, as PAD tells it, editorial wanted him to take a more serious tone, things got way dark, unfun, and ultimately it rendered the character of Genis-Vell unusable. Genis does still have a living sibling in his younger sister Phyla-Vell. Phyla has called herself Captain Marvel, and Quasar before settling on Martyr. There's also a "older" half brother, Teddy Altman / Dorrek VIII, better known as Hulkling. (talk about someone desperately in need of a better codename) Of the three children, only Teddy was conceived, born, and raise the "old fashion way" from a love affair Mar-Vell had with Skrull princess Anelle after they helped Rick Jones and the Avengers stop one of the latest flair-ups of the Kree-Skrull war. Genis and Phyla were born on Titan and artificially aged into adulthood, they were created using genetic material from Mar-Vell and his lover at the time of his death, the Eternal Elysius. They were both conceived after Mar-Vell's death (ew). So physically older than Teddy, but actually younger.

Of course the actual original Captain Marvel was published by Fawcett comics in 1939, and at the height of his popularity the big red cheese outsold Superman. By hook and by crook, DC put Fawcett out of business, bought the entire Marvel family, and hoped to put them out to pasture. But Billy and company just proved too popular to let disappear... unfortunately DC let the rights to the name slip, and Marvel pounced on it. Which is why at this point DC has given up even calling their Captain Marvel anything but his famous magic word, SHAZAM! (Yes, I know, most of everyone here already knew that story, but for the handful of lurkers who might not have, there you go.)

Mirymate acknowledges he's easily baited, but when you know you're being baited, is it still a trap?