UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

The movie costumes are bland though. Even the Mass Effect Uniforms were better, and they seemed like a team, not just a bunch of "A-Holes". The original version of the Post-Annihilation GotG were Cosmic damn heroes, and now they're "loveable scoundrels". I swearto God, the MCU is hurting comic books more than it's helping them...

To be honest, I'll take ANYTHING that's not related to X-Men & Nostalgic Avengers. Give me an Iron Man wave, a Cap wave, a Thor wave, hell, a Spider-Man wave! I could've done without Blizzard, Mandroids, Tigra, Classic Falcon, all of the GSXM wave, the 90s Uniforms X-Men and the two CW waves.

I get what you're saying about the movie waves. I totally agree - but they clearly make *good* money for DST, so I can't begrudge them capitalising on them.
I feel like nostalgic Avengers is actually hugely under-represented though. I'm not an Avengers fan, but we have been sorely in need of classic Avengers (outside of the big 5) for a long time. Black Knight & Tigra were very much needed. Mandroid and Blizzards were gravy. We still have yet to see so many key players from those classic Avengers teams like Mockingbird, Jocasta, Hellcat, Mantis, Moondragon, Crystal, Jack of Hearts, and many more. 

I'll happily take a Thor or Cap wave if it's built like wave 54: Villains, Supporting Cast, Women, New characters. What I don't enjoy so much is a wave where we get 3, 4 or 5 heavy hitters all at once, and not used to carry b/c-listers. Waves like 44 was a bit of a downer for me, because we saw Thor paired up with Hulk and Cap with IM.
I feel like DST has been getting the character mix in comic waves a lot better recently. While you might be a bit 'over' X-waves, wave 60 was awesome! So many new characters and clever pairings. Axis and Secret Wars waves also gave us new characters and some interesting pairings. I really hope the trend continues.

2 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Thor has some cool villains, enough for a Wave at least.

Absolutely - Thor's supporting cast and villains could really get some love.
Between the Warriors 3, Hela, Skurge/Executioner, Ulik and the Wrecking crew, you have more than enough for a wave. 

2 hours ago, Nessex said:

I'll happily take a Thor or Cap wave if it's built like wave 54: Villains, Supporting Cast, Women, New characters. What I don't enjoy so much is a wave where we get 3, 4 or 5 heavy hitters all at once, and not used to carry b/c-listers. Waves like 44 was a bit of a downer for me, because we saw Thor paired up with Hulk and Cap with IM.
I feel like DST has been getting the character mix in comic waves a lot better recently. While you might be a bit 'over' X-waves, wave 60 was awesome! So many new characters and clever pairings. Axis and Secret Wars waves also gave us new characters and some interesting pairings. I really hope the trend continues.

Pairings of well knows is good.  Your casual collector will buy the more mainstream characters while giving committed collectors a chance to buy less produced characters with army builders.  

Edited by MiniMCMotu

4 hours ago, Nessex said:

I get what you're saying about the movie waves. I totally agree - but they clearly make *good* money for DST, so I can't begrudge them capitalising on them.

Yeah, that's true. I like most of the MCU mates, but when we're getting our second version of the Guardians in that form, while we don't have CB versions, it's pretty sad. Plus the  2 Waves of CW. It's just that with the 4-Packs almost gone, the SDCC/NYCC sets getting more underwhelming, the constant MCU waves, the Blind Bags and everything, I'm not really finding much to get excited about in the Marvel line. Even when they do a Wave based on something I should enjoy, the character selection or era is not to my liking. Just a personal opinion, really. It just has to do with me liking other characters.

I feel like nostalgic Avengers is actually hugely under-represented though. I'm not an Avengers fan, but we have been sorely in need of classic Avengers (outside of the big 5) for a long time. Black Knight & Tigra were very much needed. Mandroid and Blizzards were gravy. We still have yet to see so many key players from those classic Avengers teams like Mockingbird, Jocasta, Hellcat, Mantis, Moondragon, Crystal, Jack of Hearts, and many more. 

We do need more classic Avengers, hence why I didn't like the recent Wave that much. BK/Amora were a perfect 2-Pack. Tigra I don't like, but she's a new character. Apart from them, the rest could've easily been changed into other Avengers. It's just that the 2 Blizzards & Mandroids were a waste of space for me. It should've been a normal wave with no Army Builders and just Avengers. The Mandroids could've been used in a "Secret" Avengers wave with Modern Mockingbird, an Updated Spider-Woman, stuff like that. It's just that I didn't care about that wave as most folks.

Yeah, I'm talking about something similar to 54 as well, not 44 or even Spider-Man's 24 one. W60 was good as far as the Brotherhood goes but... I used the X-Men for customs (part from Forge & Banshee). Axis gave us Kluh & another Carnage instead of Agent of Asgard Loki or Jack O'Lantern, so there were missed oportunities there as well. Secret Wars, well, I've already expressed my feelings about that wave multiple times. Good selection, and a bunch of nice characters, but it wasn't a Secret Wars wave. It didn't feature the main characters of the story. It was just an ANAD Wave with one or two characters from the SW Minis thrown in. 

I get the why (FF restrictions and all), but as someone who'd been following the Hickman saga since the beginning, to finally get SW mates and for them to essentially be an ANAD Wave, was pretty dissapointing. I still like most of the figs from that wave, but it was just not a SW one.

I'm just more of a fan of themed waves and certain eras. So while GSXM is the type of wave I want, it's also focused on characters & costumes I don't care about. It's just how my preferences work, really.

I feel everything that's been said here. I'm not a fan of the MCU overload at all. I don't think it's fair that there are some characters that we have some characters that have one comic counterpart and three movie versions, and sometimes we have characters that are ONLY movie versions. I'm not trying to tell DST to stop making movie waves because, let's be honest, it's what gets them money. I don't think any regular joe is interested in a Pip the Troll / Kray-Tor pack but I for one would LOVE that. 

I can stomach the MCU waves, because as an Ultimate Marvel fan, I dig these versions. But they've been mostly the same figs since 2014 or so. And even then, they make mad cash and keep the line going, so I don't have a "problem" with them. It's just that the last few CB waves have been, in my personal opinion and according to my tastes, lackluster as well. I'm someone who's into the Post-2000 costumes, so stuff like GSXM or the Strike Force, don't really excite me. The Brotherhood did, but the X-Men that came with them... not so much. I'd have rathered an update of the Morrison outfits.

There are some classics that I like, and for example the BK/Amora pack is great, but I want more... variety.  I want more waves like the forthcoming Wolverine one. Now THAT'S a kickass wave. A great army builder, cool Wolvie variants, updates and new characters. 

TL;DR: I don't like the tights of the 60s and would like to see either more modern costumes from the comics, or more variety when it comes to which corner is tackled. I'm not blaming anyone, it's just what my tastes are like.

PS: It may seem as if I don't like the X-Men, but I just don't like getting the same X-Men. I want a new Polaris, a Legion, 90s & 2000s X-Factor, Gladiator, Lilandra, stuff like that. As far as updates of the big names go, I want more modern costumes, and not the old ones.

Edited by Kostisfire

From the recent AskDST:

Kostis F.
Hey there! As we all know, the Netflix Marvel Shows are in full swing, and recently, Marvel’s EiC Axel Alonso said that going into 2017, the street level characters (Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Misty Knight, etc.) will get more focus than ever. So, with Defenders and Iron Fist (plus maybe Punisher) also hitting in 2017, I was wondering what are the chances of you doing a “Marvel Knights” wave. I was thinking something like this:

LCS:

ANAD Daredevil/ NOW! 2.0 Bullseye

ANAD Misty Knight (as she appears in the Sam Wilson book)/ Ghost Rider (Reyes)

ANAD Luke Cage/ ANAD Iron Fist (Power Man & IronFist Outfits)

Armored/Balaclava Punisher (w/th extra t-shirt parts)/ Mr. Knight (w/th extra Khonshu head)

TRU:

Ghost Rider (Blaze & Ketch Parts)/ NOW! 2.0 Elektra

Thanks for reading!

DSTChuck: We have been talking about a wave like this of late, so I think something like it could be very possible in the future.

post-36921-brad-Pitt-dancing-gif-Imgur-H

MCU waves are great and the completest in me loves the verity of characters.  However, I think that if you make a movie wave, you need to go to extreme other side with comic titles/non-movie waves.  Minimates is long over due for a Ghost Rider set, maybe even a deluxe pack with GR with bike, Classic Rider with bike, and Vengeance with bike.  This might be out side the box thinking, but this could keep the dedicated collectors happy after getting the same Cap and Iron-Man (just painted a little different) year after year. 

46 minutes ago, Zylek said:

Congrats on getting your question published, sounds like a promising wave to me!

Far from a confirmation, but for Chuck to even give a "could work" answer, it's a big "hint". I just hope MK is included there. It'd be the perfect opportunity.

25 minutes ago, MiniMCMotu said:

MCU waves are great and the completest in me loves the verity of characters.  However, I think that if you make a movie wave, you need to go to extreme other side with comic titles/non-movie waves.  Minimates is long over due for a Ghost Rider set, maybe even a deluxe pack with GR with bike, Classic Rider with bike, and Vengeance with bike.  This might be out side the box thinking, but this could keep the dedicated collectors happy after getting the same Cap and Iron-Man (just painted a little different) year after year. 

Sadly a GR bike can't happen, as it's a vehicle, and the Marvel license doesn't allow them. A straight-up GR Wave wouldn't sell that good, but a Supernatural/Doctor Strange one certainly would IMO. 

A street heroes wave would be really cool, and different from what we've been getting lately. Personally, though, I'd rather see some more classic looks and updates to outdated minimates (yellow Daredevil, classic Power Man and Iron Fist...).

More generally, though, I hope we get a reveal or some hints for upcoming LCS comic waves. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it feels like it's been a while since we learned about the Wolverine wave.

1 hour ago, Kostisfire said:

Sadly a GR bike can't happen, as it's a vehicle, and the Marvel license doesn't allow them.

They allow silver surfboards and Goblin gliders. I'm betting that if DST designed a stand that looked like Ghost Rider's bike – with no working parts so it wasn't stepping on the toes of Mattel and Hasbro – it wouldn't be a problem.

Mez-itz had a similar issue when they offered their Batmobile which is why they offered it with non-rolling wheels. It's merely an accessory. A very nice accessory. NOT a vehicle.

8 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

A street heroes wave would be really cool, and different from what we've been getting lately. Personally, though, I'd rather see some more classic looks and updates to outdated minimates (yellow Daredevil, classic Power Man and Iron Fist...).

More generally, though, I hope we get a reveal or some hints for upcoming LCS comic waves. Maybe I'm just impatient, but it feels like it's been a while since we learned about the Wolverine wave.

ToyFair is about 2 weeks away, so maybe we'll see some control art for the next LCS wave, though it could very well be Ragnarok. In 2016 we got 7 waves, and in 2015 4 (due to 64 & 65 being released late). So far, 3 have been confirmed, and Ragnarok is a sure lock, so there should be about one or two more to be announced, tops. 

Just now, MisterPL said:

They allow silver surfboards and Goblin gliders. I'm betting that if DST designed a stand that looked like Ghost Rider's bike – with no working parts so it wasn't stepping on the toes of Mattel and Hasbro – it wouldn't be a problem.

Mez-itz had a similar issue when they offered their Batmobile which is why they offered it with non-rolling wheels. It's merely an accessory. A very nice accessory. NOT a vehicle.

I guess we'll see when/if they make another GR. I'd certainly love a bike.

8 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I guess we'll see when/if they make another GR. I'd certainly love a bike.

There seems to be an unwillingness to even try on DST's part. I guess they don't want to rock the boat (no pun intended). They got away with making a glider and don't want to use it as a precedent. They're probably afraid Marvel won't ever let them do another "vehicle" like it again.

I'd love to see a bike, too, maybe as part of a Greatest Hits assortment featuring Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, She-Huk, Spider-Woman, and Wasp.

13 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I suppose precedent might help them, in that case, but DST seemed like they didn't want to push their luck on that issue.

28 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

ToyFair is about 2 weeks away, so maybe we'll see some control art for the next LCS wave, though it could very well be Ragnarok. In 2016 we got 7 waves, and in 2015 4 (due to 64 & 65 being released late). So far, 3 have been confirmed, and Ragnarok is a sure lock, so there should be about one or two more to be announced, tops. 

Six waves sounds about right. I'm really we hoping we get some new information at ToyFair. Ideally, that 75 will be another "fan's choice" wave (though maybe it's too soon after the similarly themed 69), along with a vague idea of 76.

20 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

There seems to be an unwillingness to even try on DST's part. I guess they don't want to rock the boat (no pun intended). They got away with making a glider and don't want to use it as a precedent. They're probably afraid Marvel won't ever let them do another "vehicle" like it again.

I'd love to see a bike, too, maybe as part of a Greatest Hits assortment featuring Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, She-Huk, Spider-Woman, and Wasp.

Well, I don't blame them. Creating bad blood over a static bike ain't worth it.

13 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I suppose precedent might help them, in that case, but DST seemed like they didn't want to push their luck on that issue.

Six waves sounds about right. I'm really we hoping we get some new information at ToyFair. Ideally, that 75 will be another "fan's choice" wave (though maybe it's too soon after the similarly themed 69), along with a vague idea of 76.

We'll probably see some control art of 74. Whether that is a CB Wave or Ragnarok, I don't now, though I'm leaning on the former, considering Thor comes out in November.

7 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

We'll probably see some control art of 74. Whether that is a CB Wave or Ragnarok, I don't now, though I'm leaning on the former, considering Thor comes out in November.

I think Zach referenced 74 being Ragnarok (or at least not comic-based), which surprised me because of the timeframe. At least it makes 75 being something special a bit more likely.

Just now, BuffaloDelorean said:

I think Zach referenced 74 being Ragnarok (or at least not comic-based), which surprised me because of the timeframe. At least it makes 75 being something special a bit more likely.

Huh, that's a tad weird. Well, Ragnarok for ToyFair and 75 for SDCC it is then. Maybe 76 at NYCC (with a 2018 release date most probably).

11 minutes ago, MiniMCMotu said:

No doubt. I don't know how many characters will be in the movies, but one of these waves might be an expanded movie wave like we got for civil war. 

Well, the lineups for Homecoming and Vol 2 seem pretty complete, and I don't think Ragnarok will be quite big enough for a second wave. There might be enough characters, but looking at the main cast, it's not quite on the level of Age of Ultron or Civil War.

14 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Well, the lineups for Homecoming and Vol 2 seem pretty complete, and I don't think Ragnarok will be quite big enough for a second wave. There might be enough characters, but looking at the main cast, it's not quite on the level of Age of Ultron or Civil War.

That will be good for fans of the comic versions. 

Edited by MiniMCMotu