UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Just ideas right now, but we're looking at what hasn't been done yet and what hasn't been done in a while. 

Cool! In that case, may I please suggest re-visiting the following characters for Comic versions of: Electro, Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Abomination, Leader, War Machine, Silk, Wonder-Man, Firestar, US Agent, Spectrum, & Wasp...

As for new Comic characters, may I suggest Classic Thunderbolts: Citizen V, Atlas, Meteorite, Mach 1, Jolt, Fixer & Gravitron, Genis-vell Captain Marvel, Binary, 90's Avengers Crystal & Sersi, Deathbird, Imperial Guard, Exodus & Fabian Cortez w/Acolytes, Maverick, Generation X & Emplate, Stryfe, Starfox, Stingray, Darkstar, Ersa Major, Justice & New Warriors, Calisto, Spider-Ham, Boomerang, Radioactive Man, Brother Voodoo, Mantis, Hellcat, Whirlwind, Dreadknight, Kate Bishop, Pip the Troll, Quasar, Deaths Head II, Scream, Typhoid Mary, Blackheart, Ka-Zar & Zabu, Wrecking Crew, Mr. Hyde, Elsa Bloodstone, & High Evolutionary...

It would be awesome to keep the Marvel release focus on Comic likeness if possible. I'm looking forward to the X-Men Animated mates and will consider them a cool sub-collection displayed separate; but please only do Animated X-characters that have been made as a Comic likeness minimate previously...

It's kind of disappointing sometimes to finally get a long awaited character in minimate form and they are in Movie, TV or to a lesser extent Animated likeness. It makes the odds of getting certain characters again in Comic form in the future quite slim as we're probably unlikely to get pure Comic likeness Squadron Supreme, Medusa, or Man-Thing unfortunately for example...

I feel the Marvel Comic likeness line should always be the priority and centrepiece. With Movie, TV, and Animated likeness releases used as way to bring back the A listers like Captain America, Wolverine, Thor, & Spider-Man etc.

Edited by IamGroot

13 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Just ideas right now, but we're looking at what hasn't been done yet and what hasn't been done in a while. 

In that case, I STRONGLY suggest updates to Giant-Man and Wasp. We haven't seen comic Wasp since 2008 (based on her original design), and we haven't gotten Giant-Man since 2012, based on that terrible Heroes Return costume from the 1990s (no offense to you or the rest of the team over at D.S.T.!). I'd laud a figure of Janet's 2000s costume and Giant-Man's 2010 redesign from the Avengers Academy comic series.

Or hell, if you guys wanna go REALLY obscure, make a figure of Janet van Dyne's Giant-Girl persona from the Marvel Adventures: The Avengers comic series. It would be a good companion piece to the Lab Attack Ant-Man figure from Best Of Series 3, whose design is based on the Marvel Adventures appearance.

Comic style is usually forefront, and I think it will continue to be. Animated is wrapping up at Walgreens, and for movies we'll continue to pick our spots. 

Some of those characters are being considered, some are not, but hopefully you like what we come up with. 

That said, not sure you can improve on comic Rhino or comic War Machine:

Minimate Database: Rhino

Minimate Database: Mark II War Machine

My 2 cents on Rhino:

I love it. But: he's a bit hard to find right now, and that figure (while great), mixes two eras. It's mostly classic, but has the studded gauntlets of the 80s Sinister Syndicate version, making it a cool amalgam but technically inaccurate for either.

My current wishes, for Spidey, FF and Avengers-related:

I know Chuck's a huge Spidey fan, and y'all have gone pretty deep, but there are still a few classic characters I'd love to see, some which round out villain teams:

• Madame Web, Beetle (80s), Boomerang (80s), Swarm, Shocker (classic), Mr. Hyde, The Owl

For FF-family, there are

• The Inhumans, The Watcher, Dragon Man, Thundra, Diablo and Psycho-Man

Overall, I see the greatest opportunity / representation gaps in Avengers Villains

• ex: Attuma, Wrecking Crew, Whirlwind, Grey Gargoyle, Count Nefaria, Graviton, Tiger Shark, Man-Ape, Batroc, Blacklash, Serpent Society, Ringmaster, many many more

Edited by elhonez

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

My 2 cents on Rhino:

I love it. But: he's a bit hard to find right now, and that figure (while great), mixes two eras. It's mostly classic, but has the studded gauntlets of the 80s Sinister Syndicate version, making it a cool amalgam but technically inaccurate for either.

My current wishes, for Spidey, FF and Avengers-related:

I know Chuck's a huge Spidey fan, and y'all have gone pretty deep, but there are still a few classic villains I'd love to see, some which round out villain teams:

• Madame Web, Beetle (80s), Boomerang (80s), Swarm, Shocker (classic)

For FF-family, there are

• the Inhumans, Dragon Man, Thundra, Diablo and Psycho-Man

Overall, I see the greatest opportunity / representation gaps in Avengers Villains

• ex: Wrecking Crew, Whirlwind, Nefaria, Graviton, Tiger Shark, Man-Ape, Batroc, Blacklash, Serpent Society, Ringmaster, many many more

I agree with that list, but one note; Madame Webb isn't a villain.

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Comic style is usually forefront, and I think it will continue to be. Animated is wrapping up at Walgreens, and for movies we'll continue to pick our spots. 

Some of those characters are being considered, some are not, but hopefully you like what we come up with. 

That said, not sure you can improve on comic Rhino or comic War Machine:

Minimate Database: Rhino

Minimate Database: Mark II War Machine

For sure; I should clarify that some on my re-do's list (like Rhino & War Machine) are solely due to the fact they are hard to get and not because they don't look great. The fact I don't own any of the characters on the re-do's list as yet is another factor haha

Please do tell me if any of my re-do suggestions are ridiculous long shots to ever get re-made though and I'll just bite the bullet and buy the current versions when I can...

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

my wishlist at this point would be 90's (almost toybiz) based:

maverick

stealth wolverine (in his dept h outfit)

strife

other than that, i'd love a wrecking crew box set.  

secret wars is one of my favorite stories of all time and i've always wanted them for my set up

and while i'm here, random 90's stuff like sleepwalker, new warriors.

ok, so there're still a lot of characters i want.   but i do think we knocked out a couple i was asking for this year so i'm happy.

Edited by nandoninny

Looks like I need to update my original list from 2017.

• Hellcat
  • Shang-Chi
  • Typhoid Mary
  • The Owl
  • Leap-Frog
  • Medusa
  • Purple Man Lady Bullseye
  • Uncle Ben (Opaque alive and translucent, ghostly dead)
  • Madripoor Wolverine
  • Yellow Daredevil with backpack
  • Kate Bishop Hawkeye
  • All New X-23 (let's finish that team!)

On 12/19/2010 at 3:09 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Banshee

Unus

Toad

Two-Gun Kid

Hood

Executioner

Adaptoid

Doppelganger

Swordsman (Jaques Duquesne)

Mimic

Aunt May

Tiger Shark

Enchantress

I should be pleased with how things turned out but...you  know me:no:  Wrong hairpieces & wrong versions spoiled what I did get.