UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I really, really want a throwback to Monsters. You know, Gormuu, Taboo, Googam.

If you made it a wave with Fin Fang Foom and "First Appearance Groot", you'd get some name recognition.

But if I'm suggesting something marketable, how about an X-Men / Savage Land wave?

A proper Sauron

Ka-Zar

Zabu

Shanna the She-Devil (classic)

...then a couple of X-Men to seal the deal:

Savage Land Wolverine

Savage Land Rogue

Put Shanna with Zabu, to motivate people to buy the Ka-Zar

Put Ka-Zar with Rogue, to make sure Ka-Zar sells

Wolverine and Sauron = license to print money

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Honestly, the 2 characters I think that are in a most DIRE need of an update are Giant-Man and Wasp. Last time we got comic book Wasp was in 2008 in the Avengers #1 box set (which is also the only time we've gotten Giant-Man in his original costume), and the last time we got Giant-Man was in Wave 44 back in 2012, based on that crappy Heroes Return costume from 1998.

If Marvel would put out another classic Avengers wave that was kinda a spiritual "update" to the Avengers #1 box set (kinda like how Wave 68 was an "update" to the old Giant-Size X-Men box set from 2004), I'd like to see Hank and Jan in a 2-pack that allows you to switch between their looks from the old Tales to Astonish/Avengers comics.

Barring that, I would also love to get figures of their more modernized looks (Wasp's costume from the 2000s and Giant-Man's costume from 2010).

IDK if anyone shares my sentiment. I just think it's WELL past time for an update for Marvel's iconic insectoid couple. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:22 PM, elhonez said:

how about an X-Men / Savage Land wave?

A proper Sauron

Ka-Zar

Zabu

Shanna the She-Devil (classic)

...then a couple of X-Men to seal the deal:

Savage Land Wolverine

Savage Land Rogue

Put Shanna with Zabu, to motivate people to buy the Ka-Zar

Put Ka-Zar with Rogue, to make sure Ka-Zar sells

Wolverine and Sauron = license to print money

Plus Zaladane and Magneto. Perfect companion to Wave 60.

Ka-Zar / Sauron
Wolverine / Zabu
Rogue / Magneto
BaF: Zaladane

Edited by NerdyTrev

On 11/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, DSTZach said:

No BAFS anymore, sadly, but Wasp has been discussed!

Damn. Sad to hear about the discontinuation of the B.A.F.s. I assume budget cuts or something?

Glad to hear about a new Wasp being discussed, tho. Again, I have the original Avengers #1 version, but in all honesty, I'd like a modernized version, preferably either her 2000s costume, or hell, even something along the lines of her EMH costume (which I ADORE). Just... anything that has the black and yellow color scheme to make her stand out from Ant-Man/Giant-Man, and that isn't the animated or movie version.

On 11/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, Heinous said:

I agree about needed an update Wasp, so I did one myself. She's more modern than you mentioned, I think 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSpguiXp5xz/

Saw that. It's a cool look. If I ever get my hands on the animated Wasp figure, or at least just that torso piece, I might try something similar. I did it already with my Avengers #1 Giant-Man (painted the blue bits black to resemble his EMH costume) and I think it looks fine. Just gotta Varnish it.