UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got her. She's great! And they showed Johnny at SDCC. Hopefully they complete the team, and we don't have to wait 4 years for them to do it.

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I just want a Sue that matches BO2 Reed... (and a left foot for my BO1 Thing, but that's a separate issue)

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the Marvel Legends Invisible Woman.

Actually I was referring to this which was shown at SDCC last week. Sadly there's been no new  FF minimate product announced. A Wizard / Trapster two pack would be nice.

13 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Actually I was referring to this which was shown at SDCC last week. Sadly there's been no new  FF minimate product announced. A Wizard / Trapster two pack would be nice.

That makes sense. I thought you meant Sue because she was the first piece of FF merchandise to come out after a long time (since wave 48, maybe?).

@BuffaloDelorean well we could try to count Namor as FF related, but they've gone as far as putting an X on his belt to distance him from the FF.

On 7/28/2017 at 6:18 PM, stack32 said:

I think the Wish List thread is place we should feel free to go crazy and not have the burden of trying to make business sense out of what we'd like.

Amen.

I just list who i'd really like to see and let DST worry about the mix/pack they come in. For me, this is the fun thread.

Kostis, hilarious riff. Knew you were riffing on something, wasn't sure what but could tell you were having fun with it. Also enjoyed the MK vs Wasp comparison. I enjoy the loose tone people have shown over the last week or so. Posting should be fun, not a chore. At least that's my opinion, for what it's worth.

13 hours ago, Heinous said:

Since seeing female beetle revealed, all I want is the rest of the superior foes. And a new superior spiderman with actual tentacles 

Hear-hear!

Also, I've been reading some X-Stuff lately, and I wouldn't mind a "Modern X-Men" Wave. After getting so many classic X-Stuff, I'd like to see some modern stuff:

LCS:

NOW! Storm (Mohawk, "dress"-like suit) / Psylocke (either NOW! Uncanny X-Force or the costume from the X-Women run)

Rogue (X-Men: Legacy Get-Up) / Doctor Nemesis (Gillen Era)

Danger / Beast (Cat or Ape)

Havok (Uncanny Avengers) / Gambit (Astonishing X-Men Current)

TRU:

Colossus (Extraordinary X-Men) / Nightcrawler (Extraordinary X-Men)

Monet (Uncanny X-Men ANAD) / Mystique (Uncanny X-Men ANAD)

Legion (X-Men: Legacy) / Kitty Pryde (Modern)

Box-Set:

1.Cyclops (Uncanny NOW!)

2.Emma Frost (Uncanny NOW!)

3.Magik (Uncanny NOW!)

4.Tempus

59 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

Hear-hear!

Also, I've been reading some X-Stuff lately, and I wouldn't mind a "Modern X-Men" Wave. After getting so many classic X-Stuff, I'd like to see some modern stuff:

LCS:

NOW! Storm (Mohawk, "dress"-like suit) / Psylocke (either NOW! Uncanny X-Force or the costume from the X-Women run)

Rogue (X-Men: Legacy Get-Up) / Doctor Nemesis (Gillen Era)

Danger / Beast (Cat or Ape)

Havok (Uncanny Avengers) / Gambit (Astonishing X-Men Current)

TRU:

Colossus (Extraordinary X-Men) / Nightcrawler (Extraordinary X-Men)

Monet (Uncanny X-Men ANAD) / Mystique (Uncanny X-Men ANAD)

Legion (X-Men: Legacy) / Kitty Pryde (Modern)

Box-Set:

1.Cyclops (Uncanny NOW!)

2.Emma Frost (Uncanny NOW!)

3.Magik (Uncanny NOW!)

4.Tempus

Would buy everything here in a heartbeat

On 7/28/2017 at 0:15 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd really like to get classic Radioactive Man

While he has no alternate lower half (I QC'ed with Gamma Hulk & Classic Baltar parts), he came inside the Thunderbolts version:

fig0789f2lg.jpg

Legs:
fig0041flg.jpg

Loincloth:
fig0541flg.jpg

I don't remember whose boots I grabbed, but they were green (and Baltar's skirt matches a lot better in person). (And of course I don't have any pictures of it.)

Hail Ivan.

10 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

While he has no alternate lower half (I QC'ed with Gamma Hulk & Classic Baltar parts), he came inside the Thunderbolts version:

fig0789f2lg.jpg

Legs:
fig0041flg.jpg

Loincloth:
fig0541flg.jpg

I don't remember whose boots I grabbed, but they were green (and Baltar's skirt matches a lot better in person). (And of course I don't have any pictures of it.)

Hail Ivan.

That does seem like a pretty solid option, but those three would cost me at least $50 USD before ridiculous eBay shipping :confused:. Thanks for the recipe, though.

Yeah, the Baltar belt is particularly difficult to get a hold of.

On 7/29/2017 at 2:20 PM, Mirymate said:

That Reed looks fantastic!

I also wish they'd release a Sue to match the Best Of Reed too. And a Trapster/Wizard two-pack. And boxed sets of the classic Inhumans! And... !

I've said it before - we definitely don't have what I would call a definitive Johnny Storm. Some of the sets are good but I want an all in one - Normal Johnny/Flamed Johnny and enough parts to make him half flamed like DST likes to do. Even if he was his own 2 pack I'd be okay with that. 

Then get Ben/Doom - a really good Doom. I like the ones we have but I feel like mates have come a long way and he could be a bit more menacing. Maybe they could also include like a white Cloak for him.

Reed/Sue - hopefully some good pieces for Reed. Invisible woman hopefully still comes with both of those hair pieces from wave 48 as well as a new type of forcefield accessory.  Gotta keep that mullet piece.  

Maybe the Controller for the last pack? Eh @Kostisfire? And then maybe Franklin with Valeria as a chase? 

42 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

If we start getting dedicated F4 waves again, 90's Fantastic Four vs. classic Frightful Four would be an interesting choice, IMO.

Define 90's FF?

And classic Frightful Four? Sandman's only ever had two costumes, both have been made. (Yes, one was in the Animated line... odd since he never wore that suit on the show) So that leaves Wizard, Trapster, and Medusa from the original lineup. Of course I suspect that's your play is to get a more Kirbyesque Medusa. After Medusa... well lots of people have cycled through the Fr4.

and @The Scarlet Spider, just grab the "Flame On" Johnny's normal head, and either wave 48 Reed or Best of Reed. Done.

57 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I've said it before - we definitely don't have what I would call a definitive Johnny Storm. Some of the sets are good but I want an all in one - Normal Johnny/Flamed Johnny and enough parts to make him half flamed like DST likes to do. Even if he was his own 2 pack I'd be okay with that. 

Well, technically a Johnny Storm head on an extra body is pretty much it. I mean, you'd still need 2 of such a Johnny to display both looks,so what's the difference? 

58 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Then get Ben/Doom - a really good Doom. I like the ones we have but I feel like mates have come a long way and he could be a bit more menacing. Maybe they could also include like a white Cloak for him.

Depends on what version of Ben. As for Doom, his MvC3 and onwards figs are pretty clunky, yeah. He needs a new cape/hood combo that allows for head movement, and slimmer boots/gauntlets/tunic. 

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Reed/Sue - hopefully some good pieces for Reed. Invisible woman hopefully still comes with both of those hair pieces from wave 48 as well as a new type of forcefield accessory.  Gotta keep that mullet piece.  

W48 Reed & Sue were perfect in the extras department I think.

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Maybe the Controller for the last pack? Eh @Kostisfire? And then maybe Franklin with Valeria as a chase? 

I think you mean the Maker AKA Ult!Reed? Controller is an Iron Man villain. 

As for me, if I had to create a new F4 Wave, I'd go with:

LCS:

Reed (W48 Parts & Lab-Coat) / Sue (W48 Parts & Baby Valeria hand)

Ben (I guess that mask he wore when he got badly hurt) / Johnny (Flame-on, with new fire pieces that make him look ready to explode + Johnny head)

Franklin & Valeria 2-in-1 (it's just an alternate chestblock, head and hairpiece) / Doctor Doom (2099, plus an unmasked pre-accident head & hair)

Namor (just an all around upgrade, with a calmer expression this time) / Psycho-Man

Alright, these F4 would be in their Red Costumes from their final book. What can I say, they're pretty cool!

TRU:

Reed (same as LCS + Johnny head) / Sue (W48 Parts & alternate chestblock & jacket)

Ben (with parts for "Purple Energy" Ben) / Maker (with an "unmasked head" piece & the extras from W48)

Namor (Ultimate) / Doctor Doom (Ultimate, with options for both Goat-Legged Doom & "Regular" Doom)

It's evident these are based on the Ultimate F4.

Ben (

26 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

Define 90's FF?

And classic Frightful Four? Sandman's only ever had two costumes, both have been made. (Yes, one was in the Animated line... odd since he never wore that suit on the show) So that leaves Wizard, Trapster, and Medusa from the original lineup. Of course I suspect that's your play is to get a more Kirbyesque Medusa. After Medusa... well lots of people have cycled through the Fr4.

Image result for 90's fantastic four comics

This is the era I was thinking of, when they all wore 90's-ified versions of the Negative Zone costumes. Most of them weren't exactly what I'd call "good", but it's one of the few legitimately unrepresented versions of the F4. We've had modern, Future Foundation, Negative Zone, and (almost <_<) classic. Aside from those... did they wear red for a bit? Was that a thing?

I'm not a huge F4 fan, so I didn't have a specific version of the Frightful Four in mind. That said, I'd probably go with Wizard, Trapster, classic Medusa, and a redone Hydro-Man over another Sandman. I don't know if that was ever an actual team roster, but to me it seems classic enough without too much retreading.

A more classically coloured version of TRU 15's Human Torch would be nice, but I still think a new classic Sue is the most needed F4 minimate.

Okay... so... half-naked Sue, Reed with multi-pocketed vest, bulked up battle scarred Ben, and Johnny with o-so-very-90's-plain-jacket-over-costume. Do you want to throw in any of the hangers on members of the period? Lyja the Laser Fist? Sharon Ventura's Ms. Marvel? (both pictured) Armored Ant-Man? Kristoff Doom? (not pictured)

Frightful Four members who have minimates... Sandman, Blastaar, Hydroman, Electro, Klaw, Taskmaster, Deadpool and a Medusa animated mate.
Those who do not... Wizard, Trapster, The Brute (Counter Earth Reed Richards), Beetle, Llyra, Constrictor, Titania, Punisher (Galactus' robot), Bentley-23 (Wizard's clone), Thundra, She-Thing, Karl Malus/Superior Carnage, Wrecker, Thunderball, and Bulldozer of the Wrecking Crew, Gazelle, Vertigo, and Reptilla of Salem's Seven, Lyra/Savage She-Hulk (extra-dimensional daughter of Hulk and Thundra)

My juices flow:yucky: when I see those FF villains mentioned but my heart is set on just one 'Thing' Minimate that has all its components the same colour & has no necessity to 'finish' an otherwise beautiful toy that I add to my collection . It's not only annoying it's becoming embarrassing . I'd also like one set of FF minimates to be compatible with any other FF set of Minimates........I'd be happy to supply a brand new Pantone Guide at cost .

Why ? Why is it so difficult?

Edited by buttheadsmate

To be honest, I only chose the 90's F4 because they seemed more likely than the Ultimate team and I couldn't think of any other unmade versions. The red F4 (now that I know I'm not imagining them) would work too, and the designs are better.

My ideal F4 wave wouldn't be based on a specific version of the team. I'm thinking:

The Maker & God Doom

Classic Sue & Namor redos w/ HERBIE

Scarred Helmet Thing & Crystal

Uncanny Avengers Torch & Synapse

BaF: Invisible Invisible Woman redo

I'm not sure how much actual F4 fans would like that, though, since technically only two of the packs are Fantastic Four-themed.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean