UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

Yeah, I just couldn't handle a third Kitty Pride or a fourth Rogue before I got a first Ulik. I can dig that people want those costumes but I would much prefer getting unmade characters before I got an already released character's unmade costume. 

I know that kitbashing and customizing is always possible, but the characters I've been longing for don't really have any pre-made parts that look like theirs. Ulik, Malekith, Death's Head, Deathlok, Gor, Gladiator (x-men or Daredevil), Darkhawk, Nightwatch, Cardiac, Slapstick, and the list goes on and on. 

I think that's why I enjoy the Animated waves so much. We're seeing some brand new, unmade characters that we've not seen before. Sure, there are some re-releases but they're necessary because they're first time releases in the animated style. 

Anywho, give me classics or give me modern as long as they're new, unmade characters.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Mirymate (I like this new board feature!) If you compare Ruffalo's Hulk to Norton's Hulk, they're both the Hulk, but they're very different. Since Blonsky likely wouldn't turn back into Tim Roth, I wouldn't have any issue making him look better (my opinion is it doesn't have to be source-faithful if you can make it better - Turdasaurus Rex was not better).

After reading a review of Hasbro's SDCC boxset I could go for more Thor villains. Ulik, Malekith, and Bor are featured in this set. I wouldn't mind a comic Hela and Executioner either. And, of course, who could forget the Wrecking Crew?

Thor warrants his own wave. 

Some variation of Thor / Ulik; Some variation of Loki / Hela; Odin / Malekith; Executioner / Radioactive Man

I realize that these Radioactive Man kinda comes out of left field, but he was a Thor baddie first and it fills out our MoE ranks.

If we're continuing the BaM gimmick, no question that Frog Thor is the perfect choice. Give him the Howard the Duck treatment. Small arms, webbed legs, small torso, new tooled head, small cape. It's perfect. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Sprite Kitty Pryde w/Lockheed & Classic Multiple Man
BoM Rogue & Mimic w/O5 mimicking parts Binary
Juggernaut & Black Tom Cassidy
Moira MacTaggert & Magneto Field Uniform Prof. X (from that brief period when Charles could walk around the Secret Wars)

There, adjusted it for you.

I've always dreamed of a 4 pack sized pack with only 2 mates in it... Mimic and the Super-Adaptiod and the rest filled with part and accessories to change their looks. Actually have a better chance of getting a Wrecking Crew 4 pack than this, but its called a dream.

2 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

Yeah, I just couldn't handle a third Kitty Pride or a fourth Rogue before I got a first Ulik. I can dig that people want those costumes but I would much prefer getting unmade characters before I got an already released character's unmade costume.
<snip>

Anywho, give me classics or give me modern as long as they're new, unmade characters.

Yeeeeeeah... I got used to non-X, non-Spidey taking precedence over the everybody else a long while ago. Thor, Iron Man, and Cap have made inroads, they are still not the sales draws X-folk or Spiders are. Check the numbers on the database.

1 hour ago, TENIME_art said:

@Mirymate (I like this new board feature!) If you compare Ruffalo's Hulk to Norton's Hulk, they're both the Hulk, but they're very different. Since Blonsky likely wouldn't turn back into Tim Roth, I wouldn't have any issue making him look better (my opinion is it doesn't have to be source-faithful if you can make it better - Turdasaurus Rex was not better).

No, I get it. I do. But if you're going to have to make changes, you might as well go to more source accurate. YMMV (and I have no idea how this new feature works, or how to add it, but it certainly looks neat.)

27 minutes ago, stack32 said:

After reading a review of Hasbro's SDCC boxset I could go for more Thor villains. Ulik, Malekith, and Bor are featured in this set. I wouldn't mind a comic Hela and Executioner either. And, of course, who could forget the Wrecking Crew?

From appearances, the T:R Executioner looks about as close to comics as you can get. I'm waiting to hear about the inclusion of the all important Axe, and fingers crossed he get's his helmet too.

@Mirymate To use the new feature, just put the @ symbol in and start typing the name of the member you wish to address. A pop-up will appear with a list of members that have names that start with what you are typing.

Yeah, I think Throg would work better as a pack in than a full minimate.

I'd really like to get classic Radioactive Man, but he does seem pretty out of place in that lineup. Maybe a bulkier Destroyer would work better?

Binary and Secret Wars Professor X would be good too, but Xavier's x-jumpsuit was minor enough that I'd rather see a new Magneto that isn't a TRU exclusive.

Ragnarok Executioner definitely looks like his comic counterpart, but more in broad strokes than the same design. You could fake it with some different arms, but I'm holding out for a comic based Skurge.

@Kostisfire I'd buy both of those proposed waves and I've been waiting for those X-Men for a longggg time, and the only thing I'd change about the SPN is maybe adding another mindless one in the mix, maybe make Brother Voodoo a chase for Doc Strange idk. 

Unfortunately with how long it took to get MK I don't think we'll see Mr. Knight any time soon :/

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

@The Scarlet Spider Then why are we still here? Just to speculate? Every night I can feel Mr. Knight... and Infamous Iron Man... even the Maker. The character slots that have been wasted... the costumes that have been wasted... it's like they're all still possible... you feel it, too, don't you? 

Edited by Kostisfire

49 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

@The Scarlet Spider Then why are we still here? Just to speculate? Every night I can feel Mr. Knight... and Infamous Iron Man... even the Maker. The character slots that have been wasted... the costumes that have been wasted... it's like they're all still possible... you feel it, too, don't you? 

Hahaha I do, I also feel 90s Kaine there too, along with Prowler, and in scale giant men and sentinels.  

@Kostisfire we're here because we enjoy minimates. And we keep hoping that the characters we want will eventually get made. But we also need to remember that our niche wants need to balanced against commercial viability.

@NerdyTrev, there is at present no Fantastic Four to give love to. Ben's back in his black and red solo costume, which I'd love a minimate of. Johnny's new Unity squad costume would be welcome as well. His newest Inhuman girlfriend, Synapse could be included as a pack mate. 

Another wave idea... Wrecking Crew wave.

My thought here is though the Wrecker and Co are primarily Thor villains, they've actually jobbered around for a lot of different people over the years. Sooooo...

Thor variant / Wrecker
Spider-variant / Thunderball
US Agent / Piledriver
Hercules / Bulldozer

technically you could count Walker as a Cap variant, and he fought them as a member of Alph-Omega Flight. They fought Ghost Rider, Excalibur, Heck just about everybody at one point or another.

Now I want a wave of Avengers 1000000 BC. The lineup alone is almost it's own wave. 

Odin/Starbrand

Agamotto/Iron Fist

Black Panther/Phoenix

Ghost Rider/Whoever the villain is

Make a Hell-Mammoth BAF (Which is a bit outlandish to ask for but do it anyway) and you'd have yourself a solid single wave. The comic looks fun too. Bizarre team and Jason Aaron is writing? I'm in. It's admittedly unlikely given that it's possibly a one and done team in the Marvel Legacy one shot, but damn it I want an ongoing book of that team. It looks too insane to only do one story. 

Edited by Trekker 42

2 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I wasn't meaning to knock @Kostisfire's wave or not say he shouldn't wishlist his favorites or anybody's I was just saying I feel the pain of not seeing Mr. Knight for a while as his look is one of my most wanted as well :/ and since I love army builders and would love to see mindless ones lol. 

I didn't take it that way, don't worry! I just saw a chance to post one of my favorite pastas and took it.

18 hours ago, Mirymate said:

@NerdyTrev, there is at present no Fantastic Four to give love to. Ben's back in his black and red solo costume, which I'd love a minimate of. Johnny's new Unity squad costume would be welcome as well. His newest Inhuman girlfriend, Synapse could be included as a pack mate. 

But there's still so much of them that's been untreaded. The Inhumans, the Frightful Four, Atlantis, Future Foundation. The FF is just my favorite marvel property and I don't wanna see them fade into obscurity because Josh Trank couldn't make a movie out of them.

@NerdyTrev No... Trank's film was a symptom of the FOX/Ike war over the FF. For whatever reason Fox cannot figure out how to make a solid Fantastic Four movie to save their life. Marvel is pretty sure they do. And as a result of the fight over the rights, Ike Perlmutter canceled the FF's book and literally sent half of them into near permanent Marvel Limbo(tm). And that the FF not be included in any new video games. (notice anyone missing from Contest of Champions?) Or that's the really persistent rumor. At any rate, Is it true? Or did the FF's book just happened to be finally canceled for dismal sales just before Trank's movie hit? And the lack of FF related merchandise from then until this year's Mr. Fantastic Walgreen's exclusive, that's just coincidence too.

4 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

@NerdyTrev No... Trank's film was a symptom of the FOX/Ike war over the FF. For whatever reason Fox cannot figure out how to make a solid Fantastic Four movie to save their life. Marvel is pretty sure they do. And as a result of the fight over the rights, Ike Perlmutter canceled the FF's book and literally sent half of them into near permanent Marvel Limbo(tm). And that the FF not be included in any new video games. (notice anyone missing from Contest of Champions?) Or that's the really persistent rumor. At any rate, Is it true? Or did the FF's book just happened to be finally canceled for dismal sales just before Trank's movie hit? And the lack of FF related merchandise from then until this year's Mr. Fantastic Walgreen's exclusive, that's just coincidence too.

There was a Mr. Fantastic WG mate?