UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

On 7/13/2017 at 0:49 AM, thereasonsy said:

He did just appear in X-Men Blue today.

He did - but i'd want to see him as the pale pink 'Biker Mice from Mars' incarnation that we first saw him as in the 90's. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/07/2017 at 0:26 PM, Mnemosis said:

Both probably more likely, but if I'm gonna WISHlist, I'm gonna wish HARD.

Cortez would expressly have alt pieces for Senyaka, Chrome, and Milan while Voght would come with parts for Cargill, Scanner, and Unuscione. Colossus would have Katu, Delgado, and Kleinstock parts. Beyond that, of course, you could make a handful of the more generic looking Acolytes with spare parts, like Vindaloo and Neophyte

IN. I'm here for all of this.

• 2 weeks later...

You know a pair of waves I wish would get made? And these are completely dreamin' waves with 0 possibility of happening...

OG T-Bolts

Citizen V / Meteorite
Mach I / Songbird v2
Atlas / Techno
Jolt / Charcoal

Masters of Evil

Baron Zemo v2 / classic Moonstone
Beetle (Mk 2)(Jenkins) / Screaming Mimi
Goliath (Josten) / classic Fixer
Whirlwind / Titiania

Maybe Songbird comes with a new accessory, like a weapon, restraint, or shield, And Helmut is wearing one of the more modern variations on his costume.

I'd buy all those @Mirymate. I do like the Norman SS Thunderbolts the most just because that's what was going on when I was a kid but I definitely got some love for the originals.

Wasn't Klaue/Klaw a master too? I've been hoping we could see like a MCU Zemo and Klaue Masters of Evil movie and really see some villain team ups. I wish we could get some Doom/Red Skull/Namor type stuff but don't get me started on fox trying to butcher Doom a 3rd time.  Even with Marvel's leg up I don't think they're brave enough to do a villain movie, though. 

36 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I'd buy all those @Mirymate. I do like the Norman SS Thunderbolts the most just because that's what was going on when I was a kid but I definitely got some love for the originals.

Wasn't Klaue/Klaw a master too? I've been hoping we could see like a MCU Zemo and Klaue Masters of Evil movie and really see some villain team ups. I wish we could get some Doom/Red Skull/Namor type stuff but don't get me started on fox trying to butcher Doom a 3rd time.  Even with Marvel's leg up I don't think they're brave enough to do a villain movie, though. 

Klaw has been a Master several times. He first joined the second of Masters to get revenge on the Black Panther who'd recently joined the Avengers. The second line-up stayed together after their initial defeat and fought the Avengers at least once more. He skipped the next several incarnations, probably because T'Challa wasn't an Avenger for Egghead or Helmut's campaigns. But Klaw did accept Justine Hammer's offer to be her Crimson Cowl's chief lieutenant in her Masters of Evil. He's been as close to a Masters mainstay as that ever shifting roster ever gets since.

An Avengers vs Masters moive could be awesome, Zemo, Klaue, Blonsky, bring in Creel from AoS, Yellowjacket or whomever Ant-Man faces next, Zek Stane or give Vanko a vengeance seeking son... the pieces are there.

30 minutes ago, Mirymate said:

An Avengers vs Masters moive could be awesome, Zemo, Klaue, Blonsky, bring in Creel from AoS, Yellowjacket or whomever Ant-Man faces next, Zek Stane or give Vanko a vengeance seeking son... the pieces are there.

I've thought that the best way to do the Masters of Evil in a movie is the Thunderbolts. The drive for a villain-lead movie is there (people loved Suicide Squad...... for some reason), and the MCU does have enough characters to have a small entourage. I'd personally love to see Justin Hammer back as I think he's one of the best MCU villains we've had. Plus I love Sam Rockwell. Maybe put him in a Titanium Man armor or give him the Yellowjacket suit. Klaue could be good to, we'll see how he's handled in Black Panther. Abomination, of course. Zemo, of course. Ghost has been announced to be a villain in the Ant-Man sequel so she could be good. Have them be lead by Agent Quartermaine to take down the remnants of Hydra led by a mysterious woman claiming to be the illegitimate daughter of the Red Skull. In the third act, Zemo could turn out to be a double agent working for Hydra the whole time. Just some stuff I think about. 

But... If every Avenger winds up on the wrong side of the "Accords" by the end of Avengers 4, then having Ross assemble a team of their foes to bring them in... called the Thunderbolts after his nickname... that could be fun. 

One thing... if they ever do bring back the Abomination... can we at least get him a more Abomination looking face? The spikes, the animalistic legs, they can stay. The plain green face bugged me. A little reptilian looking skin around the mouth and brow, the spikes/bumps on the top of his head, again, like a reptile... heck a more crocodilian skin texture over all would look better than molted green. No deep explanation needed, he just continued mutating while in custody. I get dropping the ears... not much way to make batwing ears not look kinda silly.

Sculpted 'Ears' worked fine with one or two of the Thundercats Minimate characters . Miry'll know better than me but a casual 'Google' of comic-book looks for Abomination shows that a defining part of the character are his ears .  Now whether DST decide that ears aren't necessary isn't for me to say but the previous Abomination comic Minimate was indeed an abomination . Sculpted ears ,feet & hands surely wouldn't break the budget on an otherwise 'just green' minimate ?

You misunderstand me, "Old Man". We were talking about Marvel working some version of the MoE/T-Bolts into a MCU movie. I was speaking of a desire, should Marvel ever decide to bring the Abomination back into the MCU, that they give that design more crocodilian  skin, add the head bumps and skip the ears to make that specific version of the Abomination more Abomination-y. In a live action setting, the 616 ears would look silly, IMO

For anything remotely related to a 616 Abomination, the ears are absolutely essential, you're right about that. In fact the headpiece that was sculpted for our only comics based Abomination minimate to date is perfect. Wish the cartoon Abomination would have used that piece instead of the goblin head. I really loved many, many things about the Abomination mate, everything but the face design which didn't line up well with the headpiece (at least on mine). It's just mates in general have come a long way from the powerhouse chest and duck feet era.

I'm really surprised Abomination hasn't been remade yet, he would seem to be at the top of the list of necessary remakes. You could easily pack him with someone like Doc Samson to offset tooling costs. Maybe DST doesn't have faith in Hulk characters?

And Walgreens is getting an Abomination later this year... and it doesn't look bad... I'd have rather they used the older headpiece than the Goblin head. But that's niggling at this point. I know it's not a "proper" 616 Blonsky, but it'll due.

I wonder if they aren't building a version of the Thunderbolts in the MCU already. Martin Freeman was talking to Zemo at the end of Civil War, and he is talking to Klaue in the Black Panther trailer. They are including him in these movies for a reason.

10 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

Nothing looks silly if it's executed well.

I hated the bony turd we got in that crappy movie. <_< 

The Director argued it was a comics accurate representation... and he was right, it was a descent translation of 1610 Abomination... kinda. My thoughts and comments on the ears are based on trying to adapt MustardSpikeosaurous into something more Abomination-y. Easiest way I could think of was to and a crocodilian skin pattern to the current design, exaggerate the nod on his head, combine them with the existing spine spikes to create the bumpy boney look of the classic Abomination. The Natural pattern crocs have on their brows and lips recreate an appearance similar to the way Blonsky has been portrayed. If MustardSpikes had been depicted with any kind of outer ear structure, IMO we could work the batwing ears into this design.

Of just scrap the old design entirely and use this Abomination%2BMarvel%2BContest%2Bof%2BChampions%2Bmarvelcoc.blogspot.com.PNG

Here is my top 10 minimates wishlist preferably all classic desgins.  

1. Ulik The Troll
2. Grey Gargoyle 
3. Utau The Watcher 
4. Mangog 
5. Iron Monger 
6. Ymir
7. Wrecking Crew
8. Skurge The Executioner 
9. Destroyer
10. Ghost

@Mirymate your wish for gangster mates made me want to get a full wave of them. I added your Lobo brothers in though  

Kingpin/Lobo Brother

Rose - chase with unmasked head/Lobo Brother

Silvermane - with parts for cyborg as well/Hammerhead - the earlier mates had really big flat heads in not sure what's different about em but I've seen some good customs that make the head noticeable. Hammerhead needs a Tommy gun for sure too. 

Prowler/Spider-Man - maybe a Romita or Macfarlane? Something that needs a revisit? Maybe another with alternate parts like that old Spider-Man toy where you flip his arm and it's half spidey

Black suit spidey/Tombstone? Just cause this wave needs another anchor. I'd say I want an army builder but the lobos brothers took that spot. Maybe we could get a Robbie Robertson minimate instead of spidey if I had my way. 

Build a figure? Probably not since there is a chase.

build a Robbie Robertson desk BBT style instead? Yes! :yes:

You know what I want? A Supernatural Marvel Wave. Just... just a SPN Marvel Wave.

Doctor Strange (Black & Red Outfit)/ Baron Mordo (Modern)

Satana (Thunderbolts)/ Daimon Hellstrom (Classic with pieces for modern)

Ghost Rider(pieces for 90s Danny & Modern Johnny)/ Nightmate (Modern)

Mindless One/ Umar (Modern)

Doctor Voodoo (Modern) as the BAF.

I've made customes of most of them, and I'm actually happy with them, but I'd like official releases. As for my current Top 10 what with 75, 74 and all, here it is:

1. Infamous Iron Man

2. Mr. Knight

3. Maker

4. High Evolutionary

5. Superior Octopus

6. Death's Head

7. Machine Man (Modern)

8. Rogue (X-Men Legacy)

9. Giant-Man (Modern)

10. Doctor Strange (Occult Detective)

Honorable Mention: Bondage X-Men (Cyke, Emma, Magik, White!Mags)

EDIT: I wouldn't mind a "Secret Agents" Wave as well:

Dum Dum Dugan (Howling Commandos-Robot) / Nick Fury (Man on the Wall)

Silver Sable / Red She-Hulk (Solo Book)

Mockingbird (ANAD TASM Look) / Hawkeye (Ultimate)

Punisher (Classic Look-Black&White Color Scheme) / Contessa Allegra De La Fontaine

Kraken (Secret Warriors) as the BAF.

Edited by Kostisfire

I know a lot of people are pretty tired of (especially classic) X-Men minimates, and DST's done a great job filling so many holes for fans like me, but there are still a few classic X-people I'd really like to see in a wave:

Sprite Kitty Pryde w/Lockheed & Classic Multiple Man
BoM Rogue & Mimic w/O5 mimicking parts
Juggernaut & Black Tom Cassidy
Moira MacTaggert & Magneto

For the BaF, I'd go with a second Jamie, so that you'd have two if you bought the whole wave. If you wanted more than that, you'd end up with extra Sprites, but X-Men uniforms aren't the worst thing to have extras of.

That would knock out pretty much all of my major X-Men wants, besides the Hellfire Club, the Shi'Ar, a redone Mr. Sinister... oh.