UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was stated it's cheaper to produce an extra head than trying to print two alternate faces on the same head piece. Rachel Summers and Secret Invasion are examples that come to mind. It was difficult to get the tampo to line up 360 degrees all of the way around which is why we get alternate heads instead now.

On 7/5/2017 at 3:26 PM, MisterPL said:

Yet they manage to get Spidey's webbing to wrap all the way around, many times seamlessly

I'm pretty sure web and eye placement for Spidey is a regular concern, at least here. When there are multiple tampo strikes/colors involved, lining up both faces led to a lot more unusable pieces, meaning more waste and more work. Hence two heads.

The talk of the 90s X-Men trading cards has fueled my wishlisting appetite:

Horsemen 4-pack:

Caliban (w/alternate Morlock parts)

War

Famine

Pestilence

Fatal Attractions wave:

Magneto/Adamantium bleed Wolverine

Voght (w/alt female Acolyte parts)/Cortez (w/alt male Acolyte parts)

Exo-suit Xavier/Exodus

Mellencamp/Acolyte Colossus (w/alt bulked up Acolyte parts)

X-Force "completion" wave:

Capullo Sunspot (w/powered up parts)/Gideon

Capullo Feral/Stryfe

Capullo Warpath (w/alt Liefeld parts)/Black Tom

GW Bridge/Kane

I'd like a Fatal Attractions wave, but I'd go with:

Magneto (alt. bearded head) & Adamantium Wolverine

Exo-suit Xavier & Moira MacTaggert

Acolyte (w/ Cortez and female Acolyte parts) & Acolyte Colossus

Acolyte & Exodus

As for X-Force, as much as I'd like Black Tom, I think it would work better as a box set:

Cable as Stryfe (or something like that)

Capullo Sunspot (alt. energy parts)

Capullo Warpath

Capullo Feral

9 hours ago, Mnemosis said:

The talk of the 90s X-Men trading cards has fueled my wishlisting appetite:

Horsemen 4-pack:

Caliban (w/alternate Morlock parts)

War

Famine

Pestilence

Fatal Attractions wave:

Magneto/Adamantium bleed Wolverine

Voght (w/alt female Acolyte parts)/Cortez (w/alt male Acolyte parts)

Exo-suit Xavier/Exodus

Mellencamp/Acolyte Colossus (w/alt bulked up Acolyte parts)

X-Force "completion" wave:

Capullo Sunspot (w/powered up parts)/Gideon

Capullo Feral/Stryfe

Capullo Warpath (w/alt Liefeld parts)/Black Tom

GW Bridge/Kane

1sbq5w.jpg

3 hours ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'd like a Fatal Attractions wave, but I'd go with:

Magneto (alt. bearded head) & Adamantium Wolverine

Exo-suit Xavier & Moira MacTaggert

Acolyte (w/ Cortez and female Acolyte parts) & Acolyte Colossus

Acolyte & Exodus

As for X-Force, as much as I'd like Black Tom, I think it would work better as a box set:

Cable as Stryfe (or something like that)

Capullo Sunspot (alt. energy parts)

Capullo Warpath

Capullo Feral

Both probably more likely, but if I'm gonna WISHlist, I'm gonna wish HARD.

Cortez would expressly have alt pieces for Senyaka, Chrome, and Milan while Voght would come with parts for Cargill, Scanner, and Unuscione. Colossus would have Katu, Delgado, and Kleinstock parts. Beyond that, of course, you could make a handful of the more generic looking Acolytes with spare parts, like Vindaloo and Neophyte

Ben Reilly Red Suit Jackal with parts to make an updated Scarlet Spider. You'd only need a slipover blue chest block since he'd already have the red arms and legs and a different mask. 

Miles Warren Jackal (how do we not have him?) the hobgoblin already has the ears that would do the mate justice. 

90s Kaine with also battle damaged clone conspiracy Kaine with the half mask and beard. 

Spidercide? Although I wish he could be 2 1/2 inches 

obligatory Pete if the rest of this was ever lucky enough to be a wave

Female Doc Ock 

Updated scorpion but I guess we'll most definitely get one at least in the next 3 years or so. 

Juggernaut? 

If Vinymates ever get to make large marvel characters...

sentinel 

tri-sentinel 

mastermold lol

civil war gi-ant man 

All this talk of Acolytes and X-Force completion is making me far more excited than I have any right to be.
If DST wants to 'force' me to buy multiple waves, then giving alt heads for a bunch of Acolytes is the way to go.
Voght with alt Frenzy & Uniscione heads.
Cortez with removable cape and Kleinstock head.
Acolyte Colossus with Alt human arms and head for Delgado.
Neophyte with Alt Silver bits and Senyaka head (and coils).

I realise how angry this would make a large portion of this board... but I don't care. I want Acolytes and I'm not afraid to admit it.

*Shields self from barrage of rotten tomatoes*

Edited by Nessex

Yeah... if the X-Folk get Acolytes, I want me some Lave Men. Just sayin'. You guys got an entire version of the BoEM, I don't have a whole MoE roster yet. Several partial rosters, but none complete.

I like the X-Men, but I find even their more prominent 90's enemies pretty forgettable. Beyond Cortez, Exodus, and the one that got a Toybiz action figure (Senyaka? Is "Cargill" Frenzy?), I couldn't really name any of the Acolytes.

The Lava Men wouldn't interest me much either, but the Masters are essential. It would be great to get a complete roster or two, especially from versions of the team led by a Zemo.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

My Wish List would now have to be:

1. Crystal

2. Medusa

3. Vance Astro/ Parts for Marvel Boy

4. Capullo Warpath

5. 90's Havok

6. 90's Strong Guy

7. 90's Polaris

8. Multiple Man

9. Mockingbird

10. Night Thrasher

With the recent announcement of Toad and of Mastermind, I'm due for a list update myself. 
Despite my recent ranting for Acolytes, I think it's going to look a little like this now:

Lilandra
Stryfe
Exodus
Sebastian Shaw
Wasp
Penance
Strong Guy
Deathbird
Toad - Medusa. More female characters, damn it! 
Mastermind - Random. I know i already have a couple of 'never gonna happens', but he'd make such a cool toy.

9 hours ago, Nessex said:

With the recent announcement of Toad and of Mastermind, I'm due for a list update myself. 
Despite my recent ranting for Acolytes, I think it's going to look a little like this now:

Lilandra
Stryfe
Exodus
Sebastian Shaw
Wasp
Penance
Strong Guy
Deathbird
Toad - Medusa. More female characters, damn it! 
Mastermind - Random. I know i already have a couple of 'never gonna happens', but he'd make such a cool toy.

He did just appear in X-Men Blue today.

wow, it'll be so weird when Toad is actually out...Finally

The walgreens Itsy Bitsy spidey was great. How about some more Marvel kids/X-Babies?

Walgreens has had some of the best obscure releases lately. Maybe Faiza Hussain could happen down the road.

23 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

wow, it'll be so weird when Toad is actually out...Finally

The walgreens Itsy Bitsy spidey was great. How about some more Marvel kids/X-Babies?

Walgreens has had some of the best obscure releases lately. Maybe Faiza Hussain could happen down the road.

I would love a Power Pack set. Even a Franklin and Val which I custom made.

My Top 10 updated, again

Blackheart

Classic Medusa (that Animated is perfect!) > Madame Web

Classic Karnak

Classic Gorgon

Classic Triton

Fandral

Hogun

Volstagg

Executioner (still want a comics version buuut..) > Kaine

Toad > Sunspot (red costume / energy variant)

With Hydra!Cap and Ironheart coming in wave 74, I've been thinking about the modern Marvel costumes and characters I'd like to see in this line. Marvel comics don't have a great reputation at the moment, and while they do put out some pretty subpar stuff, there are still plenty of interesting books and designs.

The first priority for me would be completing the roster of Mark Waid's Avengers: Vision, Peter Parker Spider-Man, Hercules, and the new Nadia Pym Wasp. As a bonus, Vision completes the previous ANAD Avengers and represents Tom King's stellar Vision series.

The Infamous Iron Man had a guest appearance in Avengers (with a very misleading cover), plus the character's an interesting concept and his costume is a great modernisation of Doom's classic look.

Kate Bishop's become a pretty prominent figure in the MU. She first appeared in Young Avengers... which I haven't read, and now she has her own solo series... which I haven't read. I loved her in Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, though, and luckily she's still wearing her outfit from that series.

I've only been able to find the first trade of Al Ewing's Ultimates, but what I've read is very good, and it's nice to see Ewing on a book with major characters. I think wave 64's Captain Marvel is close enough to her Ultimates costume, but I'd take Black Panther, Spectrum, Blue Marvel, and America Chavez.

Unworthy Thor is a cool look too, and i've heard very good things about the story. Honestly, I'd take the other HydrAvengers too, but Odinson would be my top choice.

There are other recent books that I've been enjoying, like Jim Zub's Thunderbolts and Marc Guggenheim's X-Men Gold, but a), I doubt we'd be able to get the full teams, and b), they have other similar looks I'd llike to see first (90's for T-Bolts and non-Bendis Now! for the X-Men).

Edited by BuffaloDelorean