UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

1 hour ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Daredevil's an important character, but he doesn't really have a rogues gallery on the same level as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Avengers, or even Fantastic Four. There are a few unmade ones I'd want, like Purple Man, Nuke (mostly because of Jessica Jones), and maybe Typhoid Mary, but I wouldn't really be interested in the Owl, Melvin Potts Gladiator, or Mister Fear (?).

Then it wouldn't take much to catch up. B):daredevil:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Not Speed Demon, though, because we just made the perfect Speed Demon in the animated line.

The Spidey 2099 was pretty much accurate, as well.

Well, obviously that's not an opinion shared by all or I wouldn't have included them on the list, but I see I did forget to specify "comic" minimates, so fair enough. I'm excited by the prospect of getting some of those characters.

Count me in as a supporter of Daredevil villains too. Purple Man and Nuke would be easy, Gladiator could share wrist blades with Whirlwind to spread out the tooling cost, and Mr. Fear would just look cool. I'd think the main problem is there just aren't many DD variants to go with them.

I'd be in for a DD/Marvel Knights centric wave. I combine him with the rest of the street level characters simply because I don't think there are enough Daredevil characters to fill in a successful wave. Including Luke Cage, Jewel, etc. could increase interest.

Daredevil / Typhoid Mary

Jewel / Purple Man

Moon Knight / Classic Power Man

Nuke / Gladiator

TRU Pairing:

Classic Iron Fist / The Owl? Maybe another Hand Ninja?

I'd put Power Man and Iron Fist at TRU if only because the Greatest Hits assortment that includes those characters is off the table for mass. 

And let's make that DD a yellow suit update complete with backpack. 

DD3+-+Backpack.jpg

Edited by MisterPL

Not that I am aware of. "Best of" is retired, and we actually pared our offerings down, because only 2/3 of the figures were brought back as "Greatest Hits."

The point is to have the top characters available for new specialty customers to order to test the waters, and supplement the regular waves. (Or just to test the waters, like B&N.) Those 16 characters in GH1 + 2 are pretty much the best of the best, as far as heroes go. Pun, Daredevil, DP, Cap, IM, Hulk, Ant-Man, Hawkeye, Power Man, Iron Fist, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Thor, Loki, Spidey, Green Goblin.

If you go deeper with Greatest Hits, with more female characters, more supporting characters, more villains and more alt looks, then you might as well just make a regular wave. Marvel 74 and 75 are both pretty good mixes of A-lister hero variations and new B-listers, mostly villains. Even the upcoming comic box set could be seen as A-list enough to anchor other releases. I think a comic shop could start with any of them and have a good grounding for the future.

On 6/2/2017 at 1:31 PM, DSTZach said:

we just made the perfect Speed Demon in the animated line.

I don't know who that was, but it sure wasn't my Speed Demon...

4798872eac648ef76b0d242852771f60.jpg

:P

(Seriously, though, if DC could ever pull their heads out of their @$$3$ about Minimates, I would love to see some Amalgam sets...)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't do wave breakdowns but there are quite a few DD villains I wouldn't mind seeing turn up at some point.

Mandrill and Nekra would be pretty terrific imo, along with Death Stalker, Masked Marauder, Leap Frog, Man-Bull and Jester. And please, let's not forget Cobra and Mr Hyde! Newbies like Lady Bullseye and Ikari would work for me too.

I'd take the ones previously mentioned too, like Gladiator, Owl, Mr Fear, Nuke, Purple Man and Typhoid Mary. I'd even buy a blue Stilt Man, Turk and Grotto.

Puh-lenty of DD villains to add to my collection!

Alright... Now that Toad is confirmed, I need a new dream, so I decided to come here and make one...

I know this one is a longshot, but here's a perfect wave for me - Late 90's "Goodbye Jim-Lee, Hello Joe Madureira" Era X-Men. While this isn't a super-iconic era... Diamond does seem to love giving us entire waves of themed X-Men these days, and you can more than fill one:

"Feral" Wolverine (the Blue Bandana One) & Marrow
Purple Costume Storm & Maggott
Blue/Yellow Uniform Cannonball & Cecelia Reyes
Purple Space Rogue & Joseph (Feel free to pretend he's Magneto to make him more saleable)
Bastion & Prime Sentinel

Feel free to shuffle characters around as you see fit Zach and the other Diamond decision makers, if you see a more logical lineup. Per norm: One set would be a Toys R Us Exclusive. 2 would be Specialty Exclusive. Characters like Marrow and Maggot obviously specialty. Characters like Wolverine, Storm & Not-Magneto both.

Cecelia & Joseph could also both potentially be done as head-swaps for more popular blue & yellow uniformed X-Men (Though we admittedly have quite many of those already). Kitty? Another Wolverine? I dunno, I'm not picky on the mainstream heads, care more about the secondary ones (which Cecelia would undoubtedly be if she was an alt head). There's also male/female/alternate hairpiece prime sentinel variation potential, but... one step at a time.

I just want this era. I fell in love with the X-Men in the early 90s through the cartoon, but was too young to read the comics at the time. Merely a lad. They flew over my head. It wasn't until the late 90s when I hit my teens and could actually understand them that I fell in love with comics, which was right around this time. Plus it introduced FOUR new X-Men, none of who have minimates yet... and Marrow is one of my all-time personal favorite characters I've been harping for on-and-off for years. Expect me to request her more now that Toad is coming. ;)

Edited by Gillbob316

25 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

Alright... Now that Toad is confirmed, I need a new dream, so I decided to come here and make one...

I know this one is a longshot, but here's a perfect wave for me - Late 90's "Goodbye Jim-Lee, Hello Joe Madureira" Era X-Men. While this isn't a super-iconic era... Diamond does seem to love giving us entire waves of themed X-Men these days, and you can more than fill one:

Purple Space Rogue & Joseph (Feel free to pretend he's Magneto to make him more saleable)
Bastion & Prime Sentinel

Feel free to shuffle characters around as you see fit Zach and the other Diamond decision makers, if you see a more logical lineup. Per norm: One set would be a Toys R Us Exclusive. 2 would be Specialty Exclusive. Characters like Marrow and Maggot obviously specialty. Characters like Wolverine, Storm & Not-Magneto both.

Cecelia & Joseph could also both potentially be done as head-swaps for more popular blue & yellow uniformed X-Men (Though we admittedly have quite many of those already). Kitty? Another Wolverine? I dunno, I'm not picky on the mainstream heads, care more about the secondary ones (which Cecelia would undoubtedly be if she was an alt head). There's also male/female/alternate hairpiece prime sentinel variation potential, but... one step at a time.

I just want this era. I fell in love with the X-Men in the early 90s through the cartoon, but was too young to read the comics at the time. Merely a lad. They flew over my head. It wasn't until the late 90s when I hit my teens and could actually understand them that I fell in love with comics, which was right around this time. Plus it introduced FOUR new X-Men, none of who have minimates yet... and Marrow is one of my all-time personal favorite characters I've been harping for on-and-off for years. Expect me to request her more now that Toad is coming. ;)

In all fairness, the Wolverine vs. Marrow issue is a very good comic that holds up today. It's one of the only memorable issues in a very long run of forgettable stuff. 

I'm not really a fan of 90's X-Men, but I'd like to see a wave like this. The unmade X-Men are pretty obscure, but they'd seem more viable to me if Cecelia was an alternate look for 90's Kitty Pryde (even if she was still with Excalibur at that point), and if Joseph was labeled "Joseph Magneto" or something. Then Maggott and Marrow could just be packed with big name X-Men.

I'd go with spiky Iceman over space Rogue because A), I love that design for him, and B), Rogue would seem kind of out of place without the other space X-Men.

Also, I'd say that Bastion would probably work as an alternate look for the Prime Sentinel, or maybe vice versa.

On 6/24/2017 at 4:35 AM, Gillbob316 said:

Bastion & Prime Sentinel

It never hurts to dream, eh? :P

For what it's worth, I'd totally buy Maggott and Dr Reyes, but i feel like Marrow may actually have a chance one day.
even if it's only a tiny little one.

So - I thought it would be an interesting experiment to see just how many figures I've been able to tick of my 'Most Wanted' list since I joined up (fun fact: My first ever post here was a 'most wanted' list).
It seems that, including the obligatory Sipdey/Wolvie variants, I have crossed a whopping 28 figures off my list. 
AoA Blink,
AoA Jean Grey
AoA Rogue
AoA Sunfire
Banshee (GSXM)
Blob
Boom-Boom
Dazzler
Destiny
Domino
Enchantress
Forge
Holocaust
Longshot
Mastermind
Meggan
Mojo
Omega Red
Pyro
Shatterstar
Silver Samurai
Mr Sinister
Songbird
Spiral
Sunfire (GSXM)
Toad
AoA Weapon X
Weapon X (VR Helmet)

It's made me pretty grateful for all that DST has put out considering many of these have not come out in Lego, Marvel Legends or Marvel Universe.
How many figures have *you* been able to cross off your 'most wanted' list over the years?

Edited by Nessex

After going through this thread I realized I never even had a list, just a couple posts here and there, soooo...

• Hellcat
  • Shang-Chi
  • Typhoid Mary
  • The Owl
  • Leap-Frog
  • Medusa
  • Purple Man
  • Uncle Ben (Opaque alive and translucent, ghostly dead)
  • Madripoor Wolverine
  • Yellow Daredevil with backpack
  • Kate Bishop Hawkeye
  • All New X-23 (let's finish that team!)

Apparently the trick to getting your wish list made is to include a lot of X-Men. My results aren't quite as impressive (though not bad):

• Deadpool
  • Moon Knight
  • Beta Ray Bill
  • Iron Fist (Modern Costume)
  • Hercules
  • Annihilus
  • Ares
  • Thunderstrike
  • Black Knight
  • Winter Soldier
  • Madrox

Yes, there was a time when Deadpool was actually wish list material.

And since I somehow never updated after Black Knight was announced:

• Rocket Raccoon (2008 GotG)
  • Groot (2008 GotG)
  • Drax the Destroyer (2008 GotG)
  • Star-Lord (2008 GotG)
  • Major Victory
  • Darkhawk
  • Crystal (Avengers)
  • Gladiator (Kallark)
  • Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
  • Executioner (Has to come with an axe and two M-16s.)
Edited by stack32

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2009 at 10:03 AM, Mirymate said:

Most wanted Marvel-mates? In no particular order:

Electro

Vulture

Falcon

Black Knight

Kang

Klaw

Captain Britian & Meggan

Baron Zemo

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Toad

Lizard

Crimson Dynamo

Yellowjacket

Beast (not cat face, or a half Skrull, I want a proper Beast)

Powerhouse Juggernaut

Character variations

Modern Thor

Joe Fixit Hulk

post armor war Iron Man

Heroes return Iron Man

Well Gosh, that just leaves

• Whirlwind (classic)
  • Melter
  • Beetle (Jenkins)
  • Titania
  • The Wrecking Crew

and variation

• Amazing Bag-Man

To which I'll gladly add-

• Mockingbird (classic costume preferred)
  • Quasar (Vaughn)
  • Batroc the Leaper (Don't give me "we made Batroc", you made an MMA fighter with a purple shirt)
  • Count Nefaria
  • Deathlock (Manning or Collins)
  • Volcanna

And variations

• Iron Man Mark 08, Deep Sea armor
  • Vision (white)
  • Wasp (Van Dye, pick a friggin' costume she's had plenty.)

My actual wish list is, well, 495 entries long, and utterly unrealistic.