UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

One of those is getting made!

Not Graviton, but I want a Graviton.

That's great news! Even better news is that it's in TRU 24 which means comic look. I'll guess Grandmaster with all of the attention he'll be getting from the Ragnarok movie. A left field choice would be Attuma. Can't wait to see who it is, thanks for the heads up Zach.

Another Graviton supporter is always welcome! I loved his first appearance in Avengers 158-159. Those stories blew my young mind away.

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I wasn't even thinking movie versions. I kind of assumed it could've been comic or animated for a Walgreens assortment.

I thought you might present a comic version to catch onto the upcoming movies heat. Also, it's the internet and I type like I talk which doesn't always come across clearly.

Comic only is fine for me! ? 

Edited by Ronan The Accuser

Hmm, I guess I might have said something if it was an animated look, I hadn't thought of that. Even though some would surely be disappointed when it was revealed.

Have any of those guys even been in the cartoons? Besides Grandmaster, I guess?

Animated Series 6 has some classic characters in it, including a few requested re-dos and one unmade.

• 2 weeks later...

After picking up a few Marvel Legends lately I'm really feeling like we could use a Spider-Man wave. There are quite a few characters Hasbro's made in their lines that don't have minimates or could use updates/new costumes:

• Spider-Man 2099
  • Spider-Man (Ben Reilly)
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Mary Jane
  • Shocker
  • Electro
  • Tombstone
  • Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
  • Beetle (Janice Lincoln)
  • Boomerang
  • Speed Demon
  • Silvermane
  • Black Cat
  • Chameleon
  • Kraven
  • Jackal
  • Hydro-Man

7 hours ago, stack32 said:

After picking up a few Marvel Legends lately I'm really feeling like we could use a Spider-Man wave. There are quite a few characters Hasbro's made in their lines that don't have minimates or could use updates/new costumes:

• Spider-Man 2099
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Mary Jane
  • Shocker
  • Electro
  • Tombstone
  • Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
  • Boomerang
  • Speed Demon
  • Silvermane
  • Black Cat
  • Chameleon
  • Kraven
  • Jackal
  • Hydro-Man

It's so strange that you mention this. I was looking through my trading cards over the weekend and was browsing through the Amazing Spider-Man series from 1994 (you know, the ones where each set of 9 joins up to make a picture) and was thinking there were so many great, comicy, toyetic characters waiting to be made.

Beetle, Boomerang, Demogoblin and Calypso were all high on my list. Though i wouldn't say 'no' to a Tombstone, Puma, Jackal or Cardiac either. 

I was keeping my list to just characters Hasbro has made or announced in the past few years but I forgot Hobgoblin has a Demogoblin head so he could have been included. I'd definitely buy that minimate, and I've thought for a long time that Cardiac would make an excellent minimate, with the best likeness ever.

I have a hard time thinking retailers would be uninterested in a Spidey wave constructed like wave 72. I suppose some product hasn't moved as well as people would like but it's hard to imagine we're anywhere near the "Spider-Man doesn't sell" stage.

4 hours ago, stack32 said:

I suppose some product hasn't moved as well as people would like but it's hard to imagine we're anywhere near the "Spider-Man doesn't sell" stage.

Every new line starts with him, and has several repeats. There's a variation of Spider-man ever 5 or so waves it seems in Legends and in the 3.75" figures. He obviously is a big draw card. 
I wonder if perhaps previous dedicated waves for Spider-Man didn't perform as well as hoped. The last Spidey-comic themed wave was 43.
I think that the Jean DeWolf wave was brilliant. As a long time collector and comic fan, it hit almost all the right notes (important supporting cast, great army builder, obscure-ish villain). But perhaps retailers wanted bigger, bolder figures & campier, brighter villains? Without working as a buyer for TRU or seeing sales figures, who knows. 
I'd also hazard a guess that retailers see a LOT of Spidey merch coming in. Every movie he get's is accompanied by a flood of merch. Maybe a 616 Spidey wave is actually not as easy a sell as I'm assuming.

• 2 weeks later...

I want more X-Men related waves. There aren't enough. 90's X-Factor, Shiar Empire, more Excalibur (although very obscure), Sage, Cecilia Reyes, More Age of Apocalypse, Marrow, Callisto and Morlocks, Stryfe and MLF, Erik the Red, Polaris redo, Frenzy, Acoloytes, Hellfire Club, Starjammers, Omega Sentinel, Toad, Fitzroy, Hellions, Hub, New X-Men, Deathbird, Danger. 

Im fine with Wolverines. I think we've had enough of Logan for now. 

We have 66 Wolverine Minimates but still no Madripoor version.

2692869-wolverine.jpg

It wouldn't take much for DST to give us a clean version of this guy with alternate parts for a battle-damaged variant. Otherwise it looks like a pretty easy custom, even for first-timers.

For me, the only other part of X-Men I think we need is the Shi'ar Empire and that can even be included in a general cosmic wave. What we do severely lack, however, is some classic Avengers love. We haven't had a Wasp in a long time, nor a classic, solid (literally and figuratively) Vision. Hercules could use an update as well as Wonder Man. Some new characters like Starfox and Mantis would really benefit from a release. I mean, come on! Mockingbird???

Even Avengers villains have been lacking. Sure we've had Loki's and Zemo's and Ultron's and Kang's and Absorbing Man's (Absorbing men?), but what about the Wrecking Crew? Serpent Society? How about a completed version of the Masters of Evil? We've started basically every iteration, but never finished a single team. Attuma would be awesome. The High Evolutionary would be awesome. So many fantastic Avengers foes we haven't gotten. 

Don't get me wrong, I love every bit of X-Men we get, however, 4 out of the 7 comic based waves in the past 2 years have been X-Men centric or X-Men related. Two have been based off of specific titles and events, and have included X-Men characters. Only one wave has been specifically Avengers based. 

As I said, I would welcome some Shi'ar stuff with open arms. I just would rather see more classic Avengers.

Edited by NerdyTrev

I think there's still plenty of the X-Men universe left to be represented. Some of the more 90's stuff makes me lose interest, but I could wishlist for ages from the 70's and 80's X-books (Moira MacTaggert! Sprite! The Hellfire Club!). 

I do agree that the Avengers need more attention, though. I could fill a wave or two with just the redos I'd like to see, and there are so many unmade costumes and villains. Most of the unmade Avengers members are very obscure and not particularly interesting to me, but there are definitely exceptions, most of which have already been mentioned.

On 5/22/2017 at 5:46 PM, stack32 said:

• Spider-Man 2099
  • Scarlet Spider
  • Mary Jane
  • Shocker
  • Electro
  • Tombstone
  • Beetle (Abner Jenkins)
  • Boomerang
  • Speed Demon
  • Silvermane
  • Black Cat
  • Chameleon
  • Kraven
  • Jackal
  • Hydro-Man

5 or 6 of these are scheduled for late 2017/early 2018.

Not Speed Demon, though, because we just made the perfect Speed Demon in the animated line.

The Spidey 2099 was pretty much accurate, as well.

Daredevil's an important character, but he doesn't really have a rogues gallery on the same level as Spider-Man, the X-Men, Avengers, or even Fantastic Four. There are a few unmade ones I'd want, like Purple Man, Nuke (mostly because of Jessica Jones), and maybe Typhoid Mary, but I wouldn't really be interested in the Owl, Melvin Potts Gladiator, or Mister Fear (?). Those characters aren't much more than names to me though, so maybe that's just my own ignorance. Still, it feels to me as if most of the "essential" Daredevil characters have been made.

12 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

5 or 6 of these are scheduled for late 2017/early 2018.

Not Speed Demon, though, because we just made the perfect Speed Demon in the animated line.

The Spidey 2099 was pretty much accurate, as well.

Please be classic Beetle...:pray:

Do we know about the waves/box sets these five or six will be in?

5 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

Please be classic Beetle...:pray:

Do we know about the waves/box sets these five or six will be in?

Mostly TRU 24 and 25

Marvel 74 is mostly Avengers, currently. 75 is a mix.

Edited by DSTZach