UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, EricM said:

This would be great. They can do the modern Richard Rider design from the new series and instead of the Silver Surfer maybe they can do Ikon the Space Knight.

I wouldn't mind an Ikon, but I dunno what the deal is with the rights. To be fair, an Annihilators wave would be better:

Modern Beta Ray Bill/ Gladiator

Modern Nova (Rich)/ Quasar

Silver Surfer (mix between the two recent TRU versions)/ Ikon

Magus/ Cosmo

8 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

I wouldn't mind an Ikon, but I dunno what the deal is with the rights. To be fair, an Annihilators wave would be better:

Modern Beta Ray Bill/ Gladiator

Modern Nova (Rich)/ Quasar

Silver Surfer (mix between the two recent TRU versions)/ Ikon

Magus/ Cosmo

I like that idea as well. A cosmic wave.

there are so many characters to choose from.

18 minutes ago, EricM said:

I like that idea as well. A cosmic wave.

there are so many characters to choose from.

Well, consideringwe still don't have comic book GotG, I wouldn't hold my breath for it. These past few series have really not tickled my fancy, to be honest. I'll eventually get the Black Knight one, but Ilong for the days of the T-Bolts 4-Pack and the Ultimates wave. I know I'm in the minority, but I prefer the newer costumes, teams and whatnot in most cases. I just think they translate to toys better than the "tights". NOW! 2.0 must be the most lacking in good titles era of Marvel in a while, but I'd still like a few of the redesigns and whatnot. Maybe it's the heavy dose of X stuff, as I never was a big X-Fan. I liked pretty much everything else more than the X-Verse.

Edited by Kostisfire

Top 10: as of this moment as I'm writing...... I always forget one or want to switch them out

* Gladiator -Honestly can't believe he hasn't been made yet.

* Genis-Vell Captain Marvel /Crazy Genis-Vell  as the variant My 2 biggest Marvel wants of all-time!

* Black Goliath -( blue and white costume when he was killed) is he still dead?

* Destroyer (Kevin Marlow) -recently did a quick custom, but want an official one...

* Swordsman (original)- Love the look of this, plus purple costumes are awesome!

* 1602 Rojhaz - we need more native american themed minimates!

* 1602 Thor - one of the only statues i own is this version of Thor

* Comic Heimdall Not the biggest fan of the movie version, prefer the more "vikingesque" look

* Old King Thor (from Godslayer story)

* X face Cyclops . C'mon, please!

Various other golden age heroes like: American Eagle (full headdress and everything), Phantom Eagle, Patriot (Jeffrey Mace), Spirit of '76, Two-Gun Kid

This is mostly a list of who I want to make , as I doubt most, if not all, will never be made.

On any minimates wishlist, for me my biggest want as a box set would be the New Warriors, the original team. I thought there was a chance to get Speedball/Rage/Justice (Vance Astro) during the Avengers Initiative / Academy run. I mean even during Civil War Namorita/Night Thrasher and Speedball could have been made.

this is my number 1 want 

IMG_2773.JPG

1.  Speedball

2.  Kamala Khan

3.  Toad

4.  Doc Samson

5.  Fin Fang Foom (preferably as a Vinimate)

6.  Bulldozer

7.  Piledriver

8.  Thunderball

9.  Gladiator

10.  Corsair

Let's throw in some updates of classic black/white Punisher, yellow Daredevil, Mary Jane, Abomination, classic Iron Fist and Power Man too.

6 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

1.  Speedball

2.  Kamala Khan

3.  Toad

4.  Doc Samson

5.  Fin Fang Foom (preferably as a Vinimate)

6.  Bulldozer

7.  Piledriver

8.  Thunderball

9.  Gladiator

10.  Corsair

Let's throw in some updates of classic black/white Punisher, yellow Daredevil, Mary Jane, Abomination, classic Iron Fist and Power Man too.

That's a good list. I'm thinking Kamala may come soon since she showed up in Ultimate Spidey and is in Champions and was in one of the recent Avengers teams. Then again they just came out with The Enchantress, Black Knight and Tigra

Guess what the Marvel Select line is getting:

GOTG2a.jpg

More pics here: ArtAsylum

Can we get a GotG Minimates Wave now? I'd vastly prefer the 2008 versions, but at this point, I don't really care. I just want comic styled Guardians mates. Hell, we already have the secondary members of the modern team (Angela, Iron Man & Space Knight Venom)!

NOW! Groot (with those weird "arc-reactors" from the early days of the book)/ NOW! Rocket Racoon (Mass Effect Uni)

NOW! Drax (the one from the pic)/ NOW! Gamora (the one from the pic)

NOW! Star-Lord (the one with the Gatchaman helmet)/ Badoon Soldier

NOW! 2.0 Star-Lord (the recent Kris Anka redesign)/ Badoon Soldier

You could add a TRU 2-Pack or two, but just this LCS wave would be enough. I mean, it's been, what, 2.5 years since the Movie Wave? And now we're getting MCU Guardians again, which, while they look cool and all, I'll skip just like I did the first one. The costumes just aren't that interesting. I mean, with a Telltale game coming, and with the rumour that the game Eidos Montral is working on is a GotG one, I think we need some comic mates.

And since we're on the subject of MCU mates without comic counterparts, a Doctor Strange Wave could be really interesting.

LCS:

Doctor Strange (Black & Red Outfit)/ Wong (Classic)

Baron Mordo (Classic)/ Doctor Voodoo (Modern)

Clea (Modern)/ Nightmare (Modern)

Chthon (Modern, Chtulhu-esque makeover)/ Mindless One

TRU:

Daimon Hellstrom (Modern)/ Satana Hellstrom (Modern)

14 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'm sure if The Disney Store (or any other retailer) ponies up the cabbage for an exclusive assortment of comic-based GotG Minimates, DST would be happy to oblige.

giphy.gif

The MCU Waves and the lack of 4-Packs are really hurting the releases of new comic mates. Oh, and here's my unpopular opinion: GSXM was a wasted wave and a comic GotG one for example would've been much better. IMO always...

If we got a comic GotG roster, I'd say it would most likely be the exact same as the Selects. I'd like to see a full-sized comic Rocket, but I'd much rather see the team in a box set than taking up an entire wave.

I wonder if these Selects mean Disney is lessening their stance on comic/movie confusion. Interestingly, the packaging seems to be cartoon-based.

And personally, I'd rather see a "Supernatural" wave than just Doctor Strange.

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

The movie costumes are bland though. Even the Mass Effect Uniforms were better, and they seemed like a team, not just a bunch of "A-Holes". The original version of the Post-Annihilation GotG were Cosmic damn heroes, and now they're "loveable scoundrels". I swearto God, the MCU is hurting comic books more than it's helping them...

As for the Doc Strange wave, well, for starters, a Strange Wave would be easier to sell than just "Supernatural Marvel". And secondly, most of the supernatural Marvel characters are from the Strange books. Mindless Ones are a must. The Hellstrom twins as well. Doctor Voodoo is needed, like, now. So if you take my line-up, theonly "Strange-Specific" characters are Stephen, Clea, Wong & Mordo, 3 of whom are classic characters that have never had a 'mate. I mean, sure, you could replace Wong with Trenchcoat Blade, Mordo with an updated Ghost Rider, Clea with Elsa Bloodstone, but you'd need Stephen as an anchor. Chthon could become Blackheart, but that'd work in a Strange wave as well. Really, the difference is minimal.

To be honest, I'll take ANYTHING that's not related to X-Men & Nostalgic Avengers. Give me an Iron Man wave, a Cap wave, a Thor wave, hell, a Spider-Man wave! I could've done without Blizzard, Mandroids, Tigra, Classic Falcon, all of the GSXM wave, the 90s Uniforms X-Men and the two CW waves.

Edited by Kostisfire

15 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

As for the Doc Strange wave, well, for starters, a Strange Wave would be easier to sell than just "Supernatural Marvel". And secondly, most of the supernatural Marvel characters are from the Strange books. Mindless Ones are a must. The Hellstrom twins as well. Doctor Voodoo is needed, like, now. So if you take my line-up, theonly "Strange-Specific" characters are Stephen, Clea, Wong & Mordo, 3 of whom are classic characters that have never had a 'mate. I mean, sure, you could replace Wong with Trenchcoat Blade, Mordo with an updated Ghost Rider, Clea with Elsa Bloodstone, but you'd need Stephen as an anchor. Chthon could become Blackheart, but that'd work in a Strange wave as well. Really, the difference is minimal.

The Supernatural characters you mentioned here are pretty much my biggest wants from that side of Marvel. My ideal wave would be:

90's Ghostrider & Blackheart

Johnny Blaze (w/ 70's GR parts) & 90's Blade

Doctor Strange & Mindless One

Doctor Voodoo & Mindless One

34 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

To be honest, I'll take ANYTHING that's not related to X-Men & Nostalgic Avengers. Give me an Iron Man wave, a Cap wave, a Thor wave, hell, a Spider-Man wave! I could've done without Blizzard, Mandroids, Tigra, Classic Falcon, all of the GSXM wave, the 90s Uniforms X-Men and the two CW waves.

I'm a big fan of the X-Men, but I do think we've had enough of them lately. And to be fair, the classic Avengers have had about as much representation as Cap lately (i.e., one wave), but we do definitely need more waves from those areas.

My wishlist waves:

Classic Cosmic:

70's Adam Warlock / Pip the Troll

Classic Drax / Classic Nebula

Mantis / Badoon

Moondragon / Badoon

TRU:

70's Adam Warlock / 70's Magus

Thanos / Starfox (or Mentor)

Collector / Uatu the Watcher

Thor Wave:

Thor / Executioner

Hogun / Fandral

Odin / Fire Demon

Destroyer Armor Odin / Fire Demon

TRU:

Thor / Surtur

Loki / Hela

Volstagg / Valkyrie 

Iron Man Wave:

Classic Iron Man / Iron Monger

Stealth Iron Man / Madame Masque

Modern Ghost / AIM Agent

Classic Ghost / AIM Agent

TRU (I went for a more Avengers approch here):

Scuba Iron Man / Tiger Shark

Captain America / Batroc the Leaper

Wasp / Whirlwind 

WCA vs. Wrecking Crew:

Hawkeye / Wrecker 

Mockingbird / Piledriver 

Wonder Man / Thunderball

War Machine / Bulldozer

Edited by NerdyTrev

2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

The Supernatural characters you mentioned here are pretty much my biggest wants from that side of Marvel. My ideal wave would be:

90's Ghostrider & Blackheart

Johnny Blaze (w/ 70's GR parts) & 90's Blade

Doctor Strange & Mindless One

Doctor Voodoo & Mindless One

If we're talking a straight-up Supernatural Wave, I'd go with:

LCS:

Ghost Rider (Blaze & Ketch Parts)/ Blackheart

Doctor Strange (Black & Red)/ Clea (Modern)

Baron Mordo (Classic)/ Nightmare (Modern)

Doctor Voodoo (Modern)/ Mindless one

TRU:

Daimon hellstrom (Modern)/ Satana Hellstrom (Modern)

Chthon (Cthulhu-Version)/ Mephisto (Updated)

2 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I'm a big fan of the X-Men, but I do think we've had enough of them lately. And to be fair, the classic Avengers have had about as much representation as Cap lately (i.e., one wave), but we do definitely need more waves from those areas.

I just think the whole wave was a waste apart from the Black Knight/Enchantress 2-Pack (which naturally has been sold out and now I can't get it...). I get folks wanted Classic Falcon & Tigra, but the two Blizzards and Mandroids just din't make that wave interesting to me. I would've much rathered a WCA Avengers Wave. Or a New Avengers one. Just something that gives us more characters that we don't have.

As for the X-Men, I like most of the costumes Post-2000, but I ain't a fan of the tights. I want a NOW! 4-Pack. Or a redo of the Morrison & Whedon teams. I get people like them, but speaking ppurely for myself, we've gotten none of the modern stuff that I want (Mr. Knight, Reyes GR, etc, etc), nor the classics that I'd prefer (more classic Supernatural & Cosmic stuff).

As for Cap, well, there are still many characters out there for a Wave or Two. For Thor the list is big. Spider-Man needs one just for villain redos. I appreciate what the MCU has done, but every day it finds some new way to destroy Marvel, no matter the branch...

15 minutes ago, Kostisfire said:

I just think the whole wave was a waste apart from the Black Knight/Enchantress 2-Pack (which naturally has been sold out and now I can't get it...). I get folks wanted Classic Falcon & Tigra, but the two Blizzards and Mandroids just din't make that wave interesting to me. I would've much rathered a WCA Avengers Wave. Or a New Avengers one. Just something that gives us more characters that we don't have.

As for the X-Men, I like most of the costumes Post-2000, but I ain't a fan of the tights. I want a NOW! 4-Pack. Or a redo of the Morrison & Whedon teams. I get people like them, but speaking ppurely for myself, we've gotten none of the modern stuff that I want (Mr. Knight, Reyes GR, etc, etc), nor the classics that I'd prefer (more classic Supernatural & Cosmic stuff).

As for Cap, well, there are still many characters out there for a Wave or Two. For Thor the list is big. Spider-Man needs one just for villain redos. I appreciate what the MCU has done, but every day it finds some new way to destroy Marvel, no matter the branch...

I did like classic Falcon and Tigra (along with BK & Amora), mostly because they help fill out my fairly minimal classic Avengers roster. I only picked up the non-variant Blizzard pack. It was nice that that wave only cost me $45 CAD instead of $60, but neither of those characters really interested me. It's interesting that the Black Knight pack sold out so quickly, though, as there are still multiple at my LCS. I would love to see a WCA wave, though, or some Astonishing X-Men redos.

I agree that there are still a lot of Cap characters to be made (Capwolf, Agent 13, new Nick Fury, Batroc...). All I meant was that there were still a good few classic Avengers I'd like to see (new Wasp, Goliath II, Sersi, classic She-Hulk...). I can't say I've cared much for Thor's supporting cast, but I really wish we had an Executioner to go with Enchantress. Spidey needs some redos (Ben Reillys, villains, and civilians) and some new villains, especially Beetle.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I did like classic Falcon and Tigra (along with BK & Amora), mostly because they help fill out my fairly minimal classic Avengers roster. I only picked up the non-variant Blizzard pack. It was nice that that wave only cost me $45 CAD instead of $60, but neither of those characters really interested me. It's interesting that the Black Knight pack sold out so quickly, though, as there are still multiple at my LCS. I would love to see a WCA wave, though, or some Astonishing X-Men redos.

I'm not based in the US, so I'm usually referring to Luke's as far as inventory goes, and the BK/Amora pack got sold out as soon as these got in-stock. It's just that recent releases aren't to my liking. As far as the classics go, I'm mostly a fan of the B/C Listers. And I also like the newer costumes, but we always seem to get the ones that I don't really care about. No All-New NOW! Wave, no ANAD Wave, no NOW! 2.0 Wave, but we got Shanna & the Blind Bags. Just a personal thing, really. Hell, I'm mostly a villain guy anyway, so I'll always gonna be "dissapointed" in a way.

10 minutes ago, BuffaloDelorean said:

I agree that there are still a lot of Cap characters to be made (Capwolf, Agent 13, new Nick Fury, Batroc...). All I meant was that there were still a good few classic Avengers I'd like to see (new Wasp, Goliath II, Sersi, classic She-Hulk...). I can't say I've cared much for Thor's supporting cast, but I really wish we had an Executioner to go with Enchantress. Spidey needs some redos (Ben Reillys, villains, and civilians) and some new villains, especially Beetle.

Thor has some cool villains, enough for a Wave at least.

13 minutes ago, stack32 said:

If it would take Bendis GotG to get the team then I really don't care about getting them at all. Those uniforms are awful.

Dunno, I like them well-enough. I'd prefer the 2008 ones, but considering we'd never get Phylla, Jack and the like, I'd rather complete the NOW! team.