UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd vote DareDevil and Squirrel Girl 2-pack.

He hasn't had a 'Mate in two years and has a new show.

She has a tail that probably couldn't be reused and Playmobil squirrels are good and fairly inexpensive.

The set could come with an awkward smelly baby accessory instead (repaint from TWD Prison Lori).]

DD was sold with Kingpin and Sin Eater, then again in the BO wave 2 with Venom. Unless he's wearing the yellow costume I'm good.

My top 10 current wants are:

MCU Hogan

MCU Fandral

Marvel Now Groot w/Rocket

Marvel Now Drax

Marvel Now Gamora

Marvel Now Captain Marvel

All New X-men X-23

All New X-men Magik

All New X-men Emma

Black Panther (Don't have him since it's been a while since he was released)

All New X-men X-23

All New X-men Magik

All New X-men Emma

Black Panther (Don't have him since it's been a while since he was released)

of all the costume redesigns from Marvel Now, a box set of Uncanny X-Men with x-faced Cyclops, Magneto in white, and Emma and Magik in their dominatrix outfits is the one I have wanted the most.

and Black Panther in his original all black costume would be perfect for a "classic Avengers" set with a new Wasp sculpt, Quicksilver in his original green Brotherhood costume, and finally a Black Knight figure.

Edited by suicidewatch

TBH we could do with another Black Panther they've both been lame.....one more than the other post-638-0-88863800-1426371324_thumb.jpg .

That was me trying to be humorous .....I'm being serious when I say that that (Wave 29 version) was a classic example of DST trying too hard , no Marvel character I can think of would have been easier than that one to get absolutely perfect first time & then move on . Forget the slip-on ,forget the gold paint & forget the cloak....... just give him a sleek one-piece molded head & paint him black .

-buttheadsmate (Designer)

To be fair to DST, they were going for the costume that was current at the time, and you can get a pretty good classic version by removing the extra pieces. If the eyes weren't printed so far apart I wouldn't have any issues with the figure, though I agree a new sculpted head would be an improvement.

• 1 month later...

I was just reading the recently released Spider-Man trade paperback that included the "Round Robin" story from 1991:

ASM%20358_zps4pubphrn.jpg

Good art, okay story, really bad dialogue. It struck me that if DST ever wanted to do another story-based wave this one would be, well, not necessarily realistic but at least somewhat reasonable with Spider-Man and the Punisher as anchors and Moon Knight and Nova as recognizable characters. For villains the story featured Moon Knight's former sidekick Midnight (now an evil cyborg), the Secret Empire (leaders and goons), the Seekers (I didn't remember them either), and Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew (in a very 90s costume). It's probably too much 90s and not enough X-Men for some people, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

we have so many X-Men characters already... and i only want more! who do y'all think will be the next brand new X-Character to be made? and i'm not talking a redo, so if they already exist in some form or another (ie aoa Sunfire or swappable pieces Forge), you can't use them. I think a Marrow from Operation Zero tolerance would be sweet... Maybe an X-Factor (90s) Strong Guy, or X-Men Monet. don't get me wrong i'd love a Peter David modern X-Factor version of both of them, but only if we got a complete team. Maybe Mojo and Spiral? we're at that point where any new X-Character is going to be 2nd or 3rd string, which means we may not see them for a while...

Edited by CortherX

I was just reading the recently released Spider-Man trade paperback that included the "Round Robin" story from 1991:

ASM%20358_zps4pubphrn.jpg

Good art, okay story, really bad dialogue. It struck me that if DST ever wanted to do another story-based wave this one would be, well, not necessarily realistic but at least somewhat reasonable with Spider-Man and the Punisher as anchors and Moon Knight and Nova as recognizable characters. For villains the story featured Moon Knight's former sidekick Midnight (now an evil cyborg), the Secret Empire (leaders and goons), the Seekers (I didn't remember them either), and Thunderball of the Wrecking Crew (in a very 90s costume). It's probably too much 90s and not enough X-Men for some people, but I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

The Epic Collections are so much fun, really looking forward to reading that one. I've still got a few in my reading pile though. I'm hoping they eventually cover everything under the sun like the Essentials did.

we have so many X-Men characters already... and i only want more! who do y'all think will be the next brand new X-Character to be made? and i'm not talking a redo, so if they already exist in some form or another (ie aoa Sunfire or swappable pieces Forge), you can't use them. I think a Marrow from Operation Zero tolerance would be sweet... Maybe an X-Factor (90s) Strong Guy, or X-Men Monet. don't get me wrong i'd love a Peter David modern X-Factor version of both of them, but only if we got a complete team. Maybe Mojo and Spiral? we're at that point where any new X-Character is going to be 2nd or 3rd string, which means we may not see them for a while...

Toad

Now that we're getting the Brotherhood how about Freedom Force Members and 90's X-Factor

Havoc & Crimson Commando with extra parts for cyborg version

Quicksilver (Black and White Suit) & Super Sabre

Spiral & Strong Guy

Val Cooper (X-Factor Uniform) & Multiple Man (Trench Coat)

Follow up box set

Polaris

Wolfsbane

Random

Exodus or Stryfe

I knew I missed one replaced army builder Multiple Man with Strong Guy since an extra Val Cooper head could be used with any civilian mate to make Freedom Force Val.

Edited by Prowlar

Quicksilver never wore the grey and white with X-Factor, did he? I'd take him out, move Val up, and pack trench coat Jamie Madrox with uniform Multiple Man. Then, offer direct market retailers a case of JUST the Madrox two-pack. Who here WOULDN'T stock up on Jamie vs Jamie sets?

there are just way too many variations of X-Men characters in classic outfits (Giant Size Banshee & Sunfire, Disco Dazzler, Grey Beast, Kitty Pryde training suit, Brotherhood Rogue, Asgardian Storm, Madripoor Wolverine), current looks (Cyclops, Emma, Magik, Magneto), and a 90s X-Factor team set, that I am just not really begging for any NEW X-Men that haven't had a figure made yet. i have almost zero love for any X-Men character from the mid to late 90s. BUT what we are in desperate need of are some damn X-Men villains.

top 10 why the hell don't these x-villains exist yet?

Mimic

Toad

Mastermind

Sebastian Shaw (that Kevin Bacon one doesn't count)

Silver Samurai

Spiral

Mojo

Arcade

Shadow King

Stryfe (for all the 90s X-Force love that's been given, how is there not a Stryfe figure???)

not to mention all the other X-Villains who are less likely to be made, but I would buy them all:

Exodus, Ahab, Legion, Proteus, Black Tom, Caliban, Callisto, Bastion

Edited by suicidewatch

With Howard and the possibility of a new size body I want an articulated Rocket more than ever; however he isn't the only smaller character that deserves a mate. I thought I'd put together either a TRU wave or part of a LCS wave since I can't think of a fourth character at the moment.

Rocket and Transformation Space Venom

Throg and Bulked Destroyer Thor

Spider-Ham and Vulture

With Venom, two Thor variants, and a Spider-Man variant in there it would cover the A listers as well as an updated Spider villain.

It seems like DST is crossing off characters from my wish list with every wave or so. Now, let's see what my list looks like now:

Figures:

1)NOW! Moon Knight

2)Death's Head

3)Updated Gambit

4)Modern Doctor Strange

5)Stryfe

6)Legacy Rogue

7)Gladiator (Kallark)

8)Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

9)Machine Man

10)Black Knight

4-Packs:

1) Uncanny X-Men: Magik, Cyclops, Magneto, Emma

2)Serval X-Factor: Quicksilver, Polaris, Gambit, Danger + Doug/Warlock 2-pack

3)Superior Foes: Boomerang, Beetle, Speed Demon, Shocker + Overdrive/Living Brain 2-pack

Mm, let's see. Not counting Spider-Gwen, who I know we're getting my top ten would be...

1. Marvel Now! Rogue.

2. Comic style Star Lord (Blue uniform with his "classic" helmet)

3. Silk (Preferably her current costume, the web costume was lame)

4. Kaine (Scarlet Spider)

5. Spider-Man Noir

6. Future Foundation Sue (I have the four pack, I'd like to have Sue in that uniform NOT 'invisible')

7. Darkhawk

8. Updated Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider

9. Jackal (Classic and extreme 90s versions would both be cool)

10. New Black Cat, I like her new design even if she's kind of not great right now.