UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wish List

Lurch77

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but i have a feeling that DST no longer has the license for the Max statues :(

So max had a seperate license for max apart from just regular marvel minimates?

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw designs for Series 54 and TRU 17, should be some Wish List crossing off coming up.

And yeah, resin statues are a different license, since we can't make Marvel Minimates (or any, really) larger than 2 inches.

Series 54?!? 0_0

is that the next comic wave? since 52 is wolverine and I'm guessing 53 is thor?

Just saw designs for Series 54 and TRU 17, should be some Wish List crossing off coming up.

And yeah, resin statues are a different license, since we can't make Marvel Minimates (or any, really) larger than 2 inches.

Series 54?!? 0_0

is that the next comic wave? since 52 is wolverine and I'm guessing 53 is thor?

We solicited Series 53. You can pre-order it now. It's Thor.

If they're due late this year or early next, October seems late to reveal them. Not sure what we'll have at SDCC. We may have prototypes by then, and would probably show them. 50 and 51 should be out by then, 52 will be imminent (August?) and 53 will have its embargo lifted, so I have to imagine we'd at least show art at the panel. We'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

SO excited to be scratching items off my wishlist!!! SDCC can't come fast enough! Not just for Marvel but to see Aliens and everything else as well.

I always appreciate the updates and new looks, but fleshing out my rosters with unmade characters is what always excites me the most. Even the most boring-on-paper sounding character has been knocked out of the park by DST - seriously, Puppet Master is one of my absolute favorites so far this year! Whodathunkit?

I feel like I should have my paychecks direct-deposited to DST.

Now, for the obligatory wishlisting. I've posted my list here already, but there's a few themes I'd love to see fleshed out further:

Inhumans and more Thor supporting cast (Asgardians), as well as the completion of X-Force (Siryn & Stryfe especially)

Top 10 new characters

1. Goblin Queen Madeline Pryor (with baby Nate)

2. Blob

3. Pyro

4. Avalanche

5. Destiny

6. Toad

7. Black Widow Yelena Bolova

8. Mojo

9. Banshee

10. Spiral

Top 10 costume variations of existing characters

1. 70's Marvel Girl

MarvelGirl.jpg

2. Rogue (modern, transforms to classic brotherhood....extra hairpiece and hood. Far left and right costumes)

rogue-marvel-comics-malicia_zpsf44c7d52.

3. Classic Ms Marvel (other was technically Moonstone)

MsMarvel7NM-_zps724d01c7.jpg

4. Kitty Pryde (modern, transforms to classic Sprite)

kitty_pryde.jpg

3496bf20.jpg

5. Diamond Emma Frost

6. Binary Ms Marvel (Sharon Ventura variant)

139470-32909-sharon-ventura_super.jpg

196819-13878-ms-marvel_super.jpg

7. Disco Dazzler

dazzler.jpg

8. Polaris (Malice)

76652-184556-polaris_super.jpg

9. Savage She Hulk

savageshe-hulk1.jpg

10. Wasp

Wasp-1.jpg

Top 5 Do Overs

1. Giant Size Storm

2. Dark Phoenix

3. Byrne Cyclops

4. White Queen Emma Frost

5. Mystique

• 2 weeks later...

This may have been mentioned before, but I'm not reading back through all 24 pages of posts. I stopped buying Minimates several years ago, but there is one set that would get me started again:

Hawkguy and Kate Bishop

Make this set, with a naked chase figure of Hawkguy and you will have me addicted once again!

tumblr_mhejpzQfIk1qbmslxo1_500.gif

Edited by neolego

This may have been mentioned before, but I'm not reading back through all 24 pages of posts. I stopped buying Minimates several years ago, but there is one set that would get me started again:

Hawkguy and Kate Bishop

Make this set, with a naked chase figure of Hawkguy and you will have me addicted once again!

tumblr_mhejpzQfIk1qbmslxo1_500.gif

Bro. Gimme a whole Hawkguy wave, bro.

Hawkguy/Cherry

Casual Clint Barton/ "Clown"

Kate Bishop/ Tracksuit Dracula

VARIANT Madame Masque / Tracksuit Dracula

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bad thing about having a Marvel Unlimited sub is that I've been burning through series I would have probably never read otherwise, and as a result I'm wanting 'mates of characters I would have never cared about. Currently craving: Luke Cage's Thunderbolts. At the moment, I want a Man-Thing/Satanna and an updated Cage/Ghost. I assume when I get there next week, I'll want Ai Aipec/Bulked-Up Skaar and Trickshot/Toxie Doxie.

I'm right on the fence about spending time on a Cage QC involving Expendables Caesar head and arms, yellow muscled chest, black pants, and AvX Cyclops' wrist and ankle guards repainted.

Man-Thing is another story. I'm eyeing Sasquatch as a pretty good base with not a ton of extra sculpting and an easy paintjob needed, but it's just enough work to regret it if he does get released. It seems conceivable that Man-Thing could be in the works, as he's fairly recent in the comics, a fan favorite, and could arguably supplement the Strange Tales boxset. But, I think Zach has poured cold water on the notion of a mystical two pack in an upcoming TRU wave.

With the success of the Strange Tales boxset, I would love to see an annual release with new characters and variations of characters already released. We could get long requested characters like Man-Thing, Howard the Duck, Fin Fang Foom, and new variations of characters we already have like 70's (Tomb of) Dracula, Hobo Johnny Blaze, Midnight Sons Morbius etc, etc.

Follow this up with a couple of 'Tales from Asgard' boxsets and call me a happy camper. :thumbsup:

Currently craving: Luke Cage's Thunderbolts. At the moment, I want a Man-Thing/Satanna and an updated Cage/Ghost. I assume when I get there next week, I'll want Ai Aipec/Bulked-Up Skaar and Trickshot/Toxie Doxie.

Man, I loved Parker's run right up until it switched to Dark Avengers, thought it kind of fell apart after that. Cage T-bolts would be awesome, but I'd want Troll in there too, maybe with Boomerang to round it out.

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from more Thor stuff, I really want some Masters of Evil classics. There's overlap with Enchantress and Executioner of course. But it would be great to get e.g. Melter, Black Knight I, proper Radioactive Man, Ultron as Crimson Cowl, classic Moonstone, etc.

Thor minis are my big want though - Hela, Ymir, Surtur, Ulik, Kurse, Warriors Three, Pluto, Heimdall, Fafnir, classic Ares... Lots of great stuff there to mine.