UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What happened with X3 Minimates?

groundhog7s

despite the small fortune they seem to be worth! i do enjoy this place on a daily basis, and would much prefer them to go to you guys than ebay.

Good man Bobafett. I applaud you for trying to help out fellow collectors rather than going for the big bucks on e-bay.

Toy Karma is good.

despite the small fortune they seem to be worth! i do enjoy this place on a daily basis, and would much prefer them to go to you guys than ebay.

Good man Bobafett. I applaud you for trying to help out fellow collectors rather than going for the big bucks on e-bay.

Toy Karma is good.

thanks rad!

just came on to let people know i couldn't get time of work, so it seems i'll be going up there next week after all... i am very, very sorry for keeping people in suspense... i did try! i work weekends as well, but get at least one day off a week, so that'll be when i get my chance

In my early days of collecting 'Mates I 'won' a specific set ('mates)off ebay from a certain company in Florida. I waited some weeks for a completely different set to arrive! When I queried this I was told that the ones I 'won' weren't available so they "just sent me some others" & "if I wasn't happy just send them back". That was my first & last experience with this particular company who aren't that Popular with me .Their Highgrade(?) after-sales is also legendary.

I posted this about a week ago & completely failed to mention that I was referring to a set of X3 which arrived as 'something other than'. I said that it was & would be my last dealings with the seller ...however .......I ,by chance,noted this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEAFB:IT

& decided to pounce as lightning never strikes twice but.....it has. The goods arrived yesterday..........&

(roll drums:background) there is no Juggernaut/Beast 2 pack included :( ....& (continue drum roll)

(more drums) there is a Jean Grey/Wolverine 2 pack included :) .........& (etc.etc. drums)

there is a Storm/Colossus 2 pack included :D .............& (even more drums)

(drumming) .................they've done it again ...they've not sent what I should have been sent :ohmy: .....

(drumming continues to continue) ............. they've sent me ..............

.......the Phoenix/Wolverine Variant 2 pack :woot: (crescendo of mad drummers drumming)

Should I contact ebay?

Should I contact ebay?

This calls for an instant negative. I wouldn't even contact the guy first. Further, I wouldn't even contact eBay. You should call an attorney instead. He just crossed a line.

Should I contact ebay?

I would leave negative feedback for sure. The item description did not match the purchase. But wait on that for a second.

So basically, they left out Juggernaut and Beast? I would definitely try first contacting the seller, and see if they would send it separately. If not, then contact ebay and deliver the negative. If you act too quickly, you might ruin your chances of getting the Juggernaut/Beast 2-Pack from them.

Y'know, after giving it some thought, I think that BHM should just send the variant pack back, and demand a 1/3 partial refund. No reason to go overboard with something like this. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I was fortunate to pick up the basic set of six about 6 months ago at a comic shop that I don’t go by that often. They had been sitting on the shelf for a while (I guessed, based on the dust), but never having seen them anywhere else, I was glad to get them at $6.99 each. They only had one of the Wolverine/Jean Grey; if they hadn’t had that one, I probably would have passed on the other two.

About a week ago, I right after seeing the Dark Knight movie, I learned that the Absolute Edition of Watchmen is now out of print. This is one of those books I kept meaning to get, but always found something else to spend my money on. I never realized how much I NEEDED it until I really WANTED it and couldn’t FIND it. Non of the online book shops had it in stock any more, the Amazon sellers were asking $150 and up, and the few on ebay looked like they were all on the rise past $100.

I found a comic shop slightly out of the area on Thursday that had one copy. I went after work, and in addition to getting the book, I was able to get a basic set of the Avengers series (they only had one Thor/Loki, and no variant). First time I’d ever seen these, so a good score. :D When I got the book home, my wife, thinking to sell it on ebay, asked if that was the only one they had. I said yes, and said too bad we’re keeping it.

Friday, I happened to call the one comic shop within driving distance that I hadn’t called the day before, the one I had gotten the X3 mates from, and they also had a copy of Watchmen, but that it was a little dinged, and that if I wanted it, they guy would hold it until I got there after work. Sounds good, I said.

Here’s the point of the story… when I got there, I looked to see if they had ANY minimates, because they usually don’t carry a lot of toys. They still had the basic X3 mates on the shelf, with even more dust than before. Sitting behind them was…

The X3 Phoenix and Wolverine variant pack! For what I thought was a paltry $9.99! I took it up to the counter, and on a whim, asked the guy at the counter if he offered a “dust discount”. He said that, given how long the figures had been there, he sold me the pack for $5! :woot:

Oh, and the Watchmen book was in great shape, so I got that, too.

Now…. I don’t know what to do with the variant pack. I never felt like my collection was really lacking without it, but now that I have it, I don’t know if I should part with it. I don’t see these on ebay, but are they really THAT rare?

Anyway, it’s been a good minimate week…

I just don't get it. I have searched the freakin alps for the variant phoenix and cannot find it anywhere! How lucky are you people that you guys walk in and find them for less then 10 bucks. I mean, don't get me wrong, that's awesome. Congrats, but why can't that happen to me. IT IS THE ONLY MINIMATE I NEED TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION! Well, besides the new SDCC08 packs, but AAAH! I will and need to find this mate and so help me god, I will find it if it is the last thing I do!!!

I came within seconds of winning one last week for 6 bucks, but the sneaky "Stealthchase" got to it before I could :(

I'll say this, though, at least I've seen a few of these available here and there. I've yet to see the Batman Begins Kubrick set on eBay, which makes me want to smash!!

Edited by karamazov80

Didn't you just win one for $5 a few weeks ago????

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Minimates-chase...1QQcmdZViewItem

At least you have one - Alot of collectors aren't so fortunate

True, but that wasn't for me. . .nor would the second one have been :) I was just pointing out that it comes up from time to time.

Finding good deals on ebay takes more than good fortune it takes a lot of patience trawling it every day ......& then perhaps you'll get lucky! If I had 10 Phoenix's I'd buy another & another at $5-$6 each. Karamazov is actually trying to show people that it can be possible !

Finding good deals on ebay takes more than good fortune it takes a lot of patience trawling it every day ......& then perhaps you'll get lucky! If I had 10 Phoenix's I'd buy another & another at $5-$6 each. Karamazov is actually trying to show people that it can be possible !

To reiterate what BHM has said, not just with the X3 variant obviously, a lot of great deals can be found on eBay if you know how to look, and don't mind wasting a lot of time (when you probably should be doing something more important) doing so. For instance, I found the chases for Marvel waves 1 and 2 for 30 bucks shipped one day, after a couple months of looking for a good deal on Symbiote Spidey (before the one point when there were, like, 10 on eBay at one time). I found some other chases listed at pretty good prices and posted them on the eBay boards here a while back. I also found a Jim Henson exclusive Palisades figure for 30 shipped, and snatched him up. One guy on the GI Joe boards recently found a first release Snake Eyes, mint and unopened, for $65, and a guy on the Transformers boards found an unopened, first released Constructicon set for around $120 not too long ago (both are very, very good deal).

To find these, what I personally do is a most recently listed auction search for the things that I look for, bookmark them, and check the bookmark periodically throughout the day. This is the best way to find great deals, because you can see the newly listed "BIN" auctions that are sometimes listed for prices that are well below "market" value. If it is an auction listing, the chances of finding a good deal go way down, as more people have time to find them.

Edited by karamazov80