UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Luke Skywalker Pilot Maquette on Sale at TRU

This guy, which is actually pretty cheap here:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=66254

was on sale at my local TRU for $20 (the price-checker-thing said that the regular price was $25). I strongly considered buying it as a slightly smaller opponent for my Minimate Max Sentinel, but I didn't, so I can't give any impressions of it one way or the other.

I took one out of the box to look at it, and it looked pretty cool from what I saw. He might look pretty neat facing off against a towering 400% Darth Vader Kubrick.

These maquettes are kinda cool. I like the Vader and Fett maquettes. If you are lucky enough to find one of the maquettes with the extra head, its in high demand umongst collectors.

These were a huge disappointment for me. The statues look great, but they ditched them after only making 5. I had them all, but sold them off when I found out that most of the main characters weren't going to be made. And why in the world did they do an X-Wing Luke instead of a standard black or white outfit Luke?

If I had to pick just 5 characters to represent the Star Wars Universe, X-Wing Luke and a non-standard black Stormtrooper would NOT be two of the 5. I don't know if it's LEGO's fault or Gentle Giant's, but I guess I should be thankful because these babies were expensive retailing at $65 a pop + shipping.

Though I'm not really a Lego fan (which is a large part of why I didn't buy this thing), I actually kind of like the idea of doing variants of popular characters for the statues, rather than the hum-drum, regular versions that everybody knows so well.

I've seen this on a shelf, and I really like it. The head attaches magnetically, so it can be turned around or removed completely! If the price drops even more, I may pick one up, as I love the Lego Star Wars game and I'm fond of the X-Wing outfit.