UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dragon Ball Z mates?

Yeah I know its alittle out dated, But the other day I was watching it with a friend of mine and his son and I was thinking how cool it would be to have Goku or Gohan on my desk at home fighting Superman. I guess the waves could go in order of Sagas like

Wave one:

Goku/Piccolo(Goku with Kamehameha blast and Piccolo with Beam Canon)

Radditz/Gohan(they would some how have to make Gohan shorter then all the rest cause then it would just be weird)

Krillin/Bulma

Yamcha/Tenshinhan

Or

Un-weighted Goku/Piccolo

I could go on and on but this is just an Idea for starters :D

OH MY GOD YES PLEASE. I've been replaying Budokai Tenkaichi 3 for Wii recently, and I would kill for some DBZ mates! I mean, come on, there are so many colorful characters, so many part re-use opportunities, and enough versions of Goku to keep the line going for years! IMO, DBZ would be absolutely IDEAL for minimates. Hell, maybe they could even get innovative and have the Saiyans come with alt. heads and hair for Super Saiyin. Then they'd lose money, but... Of course, there is SS2, 3, and 4 too... Fat Buu would be a minor challenge too.

Indeed! but I think they could do Fat buu but at the cost of Some of his articulation. Seriously though I think this line would sell like hot cakes seeing as how Goku is probably one of the most recognizable characters. They could even do Exclusive Movie 2 packs like Future Gohan/Young Future Trunks :blush:

Indeed! but I think they could do Fat buu but at the cost of Some of his articulation. Seriously though I think this line would sell like hot cakes seeing as how Goku is probably one of the most recognizable characters. They could even do Exclusive Movie 2 packs like Future Gohan/Young Future Trunks :blush:

Man, they could do ANYTHING. There are just sooooo many characters, and outfits, and yadda yadda... It really could last forever.

i think they do have kubricks for DBZ like this one on this link

Trunks Kubrick

but i remember seeing them when i went to toy tokyo

You should contact this guy if you are familiar with those:

http://zachd.com/kubricks/kubricks.html

He's trying to make a list, with several sources, and no Dragon Ball Kubs are mentioned. Maybe those in that youtube video were the real deal? If so, I would surely like to get a Goku.

Oh snap, there's a Cell one? I'm THIS close to getting into Kubricks... DARN IT!

Join us. . .you can not resist the Kubrick horde. . .

BTW, I just won another DBZ Kub auction that danez clued me into. I'll post some pics and my thoughts on them once they get here.

Oh snap, there's a Cell one? I'm THIS close to getting into Kubricks... DARN IT!

Join us. . .you can not resist the Kubrick horde. . .

BTW, I just won another DBZ Kub auction that danez clued me into. I'll post some pics and my thoughts on them once they get here.

Didja win Cell? I love me some Cell... Man, I seriously cannot stress how awesome DBZ mates would be... TO THE Q&A TO BE A FANBOY!!!

Didja win Cell? I love me some Cell... Man, I seriously cannot stress how awesome DBZ mates would be... TO THE Q&A TO BE A FANBOY!!!

I did win Cell, I believe. I won these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=023

They appear to only be on a French eBay site, but with shipping to the U.S. Some of their items are listed in Euros, some in U.S. dollars. This set, with shipping included, is under $15 U.S., probably because they are cheap-o quality. But still, the Goku and Piccolo looked too good for me to pass by. Here is another one that he posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-DBZ-DRAGON-BALL-Z-FI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Again, thanks to Danez for letting me know about these. I'm really anxious to get them, even if they are knock-offs:

http://www.dragonballtoys.com/archive/index.php?LineID=24

I did win Cell, I believe. I won these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...N:IT&ih=023

They appear to only be on a French eBay site, but with shipping to the U.S. Some of their items are listed in Euros, some in U.S. dollars. This set, with shipping included, is under $15 U.S., probably because they are cheap-o quality. But still, the Goku and Piccolo looked too good for me to pass by. Here is another one that he posted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-DBZ-DRAGON-BALL-Z-FI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Again, thanks to Danez for letting me know about these. I'm really anxious to get them, even if they are knock-offs:

http://www.dragonballtoys.com/archive/index.php?LineID=24

Hey, they may be knock-offs but they're damn cheap for kubricks. I'm going to have to save up to get me a Cell then.

• 2 weeks later...

Remeber, there is a Dragonball live action movie coming soon, so this might be possible. Might. If you're lucky.

I honestly could care less myself. I never did like the show except once during the Frieza saga. That tri-headed Frieza would be hard to pass up though (King Ghidorah custom) the reason the show never caught on for me was because the show, especially the fight scenes, were two people with big hair in an empty field staring at each other and growling with other people looking on amazed. For 30 minutes. Just standing. And growling. If you're lucky maybe once in an episode someone would shoot some sort of energy beam then the other one would take the blast and go aaugh, then they'd stand and growl for a little longer. At least that's what it was when I was younger and it was first starting out. I couldn't pay attention for that long and usually wound up watching Spongebob or someting like that.

Y'know, I probably haven't watched that show in 10 years, but as I recall, Trekker, it was kind of ridiculous. A single fight would go on and on and on and on for several episodes. Ridiculous. Then, you had one guy who was the most powerful fighter of all time, and in the next season, somebody comes along who is 100X more powerful, and the main characters had to train and learn some new skill to possibly compete with the main bad guy. It was kind of funny, though, that the guys who were somewhat competent at the beginning of the show but weren't the main characters (Krillin and the guy with 3 eyes, for instance) pretty much stayed the same, and so were just useless bystanders for nearly the whole series.

I don't even remember exactly what I liked about the show, but I do remember liking the design and personality of Vegeta (who I still like the design of). When I get these guys, I'm going to paint his yellow hair black like I remember.

some of it was a little senseless but i mean if its like in video games if you have one guy hella strong the next guy is gonna be 10X stronger than he was. But still like Trekker said there is a possibility of a live-action-cum movie being transformed into minimates.

some of it was a little senseless but i mean if its like in video games if you have one guy hella strong the next guy is gonna be 10X stronger than he was. But still like Trekker said there is a possibility of a live-action-cum movie being transformed into minimates.

Not the possibility of a live action movie: it's happening. There is a cast: Justin Chatwin as Goku, James Marsters as lord Piccolo (main villain? When was Piccolo a villain?!!) and Chow Yun Fat is Roshi. There are others, but I'm not listing the whole cast now. Here's the IMDB profile. Have fun

Now lets hope the movie isn't stare and growl the movie. Maybe it'll be a lot faster. It needs to be.

James Marsters as lord Piccolo (main villain? When was Piccolo a villain?!!) and Chow Yun Fat is Roshi.

Unless my memory deceives me, I believe that Piccolo was one of the main villains in the original Dragon Ball tv show. "Face turns" also occurred for "Yamcha" and "Vegeta," and probably others.

Edited by karamazov80

Not the possibility of a live action movie: it's happening. There is a cast: Justin Chatwin as Goku, James Marsters as lord Piccolo (main villain? When was Piccolo a villain?!!) and Chow Yun Fat is Roshi. There are others, but I'm not listing the whole cast now. Here's the IMDB profile. Have fun

Now lets hope the movie isn't stare and growl the movie. Maybe it'll be a lot faster. It needs to be.

see i knew about that happening in summer 2009. Emmy Rossum is playing Bulma...MMMMMMMM...Rossum....It's gonna suck...it's inevitable.look at speed racer.Justin friggin chatwin was in the Invisible(cmon!!!)And piccolo was the villain in Dragon Ball, He was referred to as "DEmon King Piccolo".

FYI, steer clear of the Dragonball knock-off Kubricks. I could go in detail and show lots of pictures, but i think that this suffices:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j190/sro...yofP1010569.jpg

I e-mailed the seller about getting a refund. I won't hold my breath, though :(

Edited by karamazov80

WOW :blink: thats really bad :( i feel bad now i hope you get your refund man

:lol: Please don't. I would have obsessed over them until I got them one way or the other. It's just too bad that these are worse than I thought. Apart from the paint issue, they are incredibly cheap/flimsy, and the material feels almost slimy. It is really, unbelievably bad. But hey, you get what you pay for :)

• 4 months later...

IF THEY MADE THESE THEY WOULD BE AWESOME!

Have blasts like from Street Fighter II 'mates, but different. Goku's spirit bomb would be awesome, and I'd love to see the Kamehameha.

No matter who the characters are in the series, they'd be awesome. Even if they make the lamest character from DBZ, I'd probably buy it.

I love Dragon Ball Z.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...