UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Best PSP Games - Say Top 5 ?

jimgb

So, I got this new toy.... PSP

got it modded...

now trying to decide which games to get started with.... i am not a huge gamer. a single game can keep me a year.

Examples... Nintendo DS, I love Metroid Prime Hunters, Mario Kart, Touch the Dead (Zombies !), Mortal Kombat

No clue in the PSP waters.... Killzone looks neat, and Metal Gear Acid, Star Wars Renegade Squadron, Wipeout Pulse, Legend of the dragon.

How bout some Best of PSP Lists folks ? (maybe a tag line for it's best quality)

THANKS !

I'll play.

My top 5 for the PSP (in no particular order):

1. LocoRoco - Just outright brilliant

2. Patapon - Quite fun once you get the hang of it

3. Lumines - Great update on a "Tetris-like" game

4. Dead Head Fred - Lots of fun, plus John C. McGinnley!

5. Death Jr. 1 & 2 - Great platformers. Liked the second one better.

I like the PSP for puzzle games (mostly). I can't stand to play it for a long time, so it really only gets used at lunch when I can play for about 20 minutes.

Honorable Mention: goes to Silent Hill Origins (Sure it's also on PS2, but it broke on PSP). Wasn't sure how they would get the "Feel" of a SH game on a handheld, but they managed to do it well. Just be sure to play with headphones.

No particular order

1. Battlefront: Renegade Squadron

2. God of War: Chains of Olympus

3. Daxter

4. Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters (VERY DIFFICULT. I'M NOT KIDDING)

5. I'm not sure about this one. My other PSP games I haven't played much. I have mostly movies.

Daxter. Absolutely. I still love that game.

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters was not difficult. Unless you're talking about beating it 100%. I'm still working on that. But difficult? :confused: Great game, though. As are its siblings.

Get a DOOM homebrew!! Immediately! :D

And of course...the LucasArts Adventure Games through ScummVM. ;)

Edited by Alpheon

• 2 weeks later...

Just do what I did for my DS and download every game that sounds like you might like it and give them a try. I gotta say the Nintendo DS has a ton of crappy games, but the are some real gems in there too.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

hey everyone THANKS.

Yeah, my psp is modded, but i only have a small memory card (actually 2 2GB, I'm trying to find an 8GB)

I've now got

Star Wars Renegade Squadron UMD,

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror UMD

Socon Team Bravo UMD

and GTA Liberty City Stories UMD

---trading etc....

I do have access to every iso/cso of course. I'm the type, if you got one UMD, should you download or just pick up more, if you got a bunch of downloads, why get the UMDs, ahhhhhh.....asprin..

I'd kinda like hard copies of some main titles I thik, and then load up a disc with others (Unless I find that 8GB card...)

---> And yeah, DS has some TERRIBLE games, But there are some gems! STILL Play Metroid Prime Hunter... ok, so I suck at the second level. And play it with Rumble is cool.

(and...sadly I admit I got hooked on MArio Kart.... there, I said it, but don't expect me to be putting mario stickers everywhere.)

later

• 2 weeks later...