UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Paint Question

What is the best kind of white paint to use for customizing. I use the citadel skull white but I am not crazy about it, are there any other kinds of brands that maybe better, because the consistency and the way the minimate looks with the skull white kind of sucks .

Edited by joka545

For opacity I really like Testors enamel white. The nice thing is that it comes in either matte or glossy.

On the other hand, 59 cent acrylic paint from any craft store, with a few more coats will work just as well.

The problem with Testors is that it takes longer to dry, you have to leave it alone for a good couple of days for it to get completely dry to the touch, depending on the surface you've painted on.

I haven't tried Citadel white. When I did use them, I found that you really couldn't overpaint, one pass was all you got for a smooth surface.

Hope this helps! :happy:

How are you applying the paint? I use the same brand (Citadel). I find that when using an airbrush it can come out like tiny stucco, but enough applications look great after drying. Applying with a brush can have its challenges, if you are painting a large area. Fine detail however applies amazingly with a brush.

Thanks guys I am going to try your guys suggestion's because alot of my customs that I am working on require white paint. Have any of you guys ever tried the brand vallejo white.