UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which variants do you have?

BCDX97

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$46 for Black Spiderwoman is nuts. I didn't even pay that much for Black Spidey or Stealth Iron Man, and that was only a year or so back... that makes me relieved I've mostly checked off my list of hard-to-find mates at this point.

It is getting almost impossible to find old variants at reasonable prices.

On the one hand it seems like a good sign that minimates are getting more and more popular, which is good for the line, and on the other it seems like crazy prices would drive off potential new collectors, which is not so good...

Edited by battlecat

$46 for Black Spiderwoman is nuts. I didn't even pay that much for Black Spidey or Stealth Iron Man, and that was only a year or so back... that makes me relieved I've mostly checked off my list of hard-to-find mates at this point.

It is getting almost impossible to find old variants at reasonable prices.

On the one hand it seems like a good sign that minimates are getting more and more popular, which is good for the line, and on the other it seems like crazy prices would drive off potential new collectors, which is not so good...

I got heavy into Minimates pretty much just this last year or so, so I can tell you that a few HTF pieces that you have to pay $$$ for is not that bad. Most Minimates are so easy to come by for reasonable prices, that you can save on them and put them towards the more expensive pieces. Really, it's only the variants, Power Man & Iron Fist, Classic & SC Iron Man, the Super Skrull, and Nightcrawler that are really cost prohibitive. It's a good wagon to jump on. :biggrin:

Just Archangel, though I had Vision 2.0 and got rid of him. I'd like to get the Spider-Woman variant to build up my West Coast Avengers roster, but not at the price she's going for right now.

I didn't realise these were so pricey! I see a black SW went for $46 on Ebay recently. I know I didn't pay that much for her, probably was like ten bucks. But it was back around when it came out. I'm like you, I'm sure not paying crazy prices for these variants I wish they never had in the first place! I didn't mind when the variants were kind of lame (Cyclops w/o visor, DD w/o mask) but when they are cool (Stealth Iron Man) or NEW characters (Tarantula? How lame that it's a variant), well, I wish they weren't variants in the first place.

I had a chance to pick up the figure for about $10 at my LCS when it first came out, but didn't think it worth it at the time. Oops. That's a big reason why I don't like different character variants and DST's no re-release of variants policy. Diamond Emma Frost and Frosted Iceman are going to be worth about the same to everyone whenever they come out, but different characters might be worth a lot more once a few of their teammates are available.

2. Black Spider-Man

17. Transformation Venom

18. Mary Jane

...that's it, there's so many variants i have absolutely no interest in, and quite frankly, don't really have any point, e.g. unmasked daredevil, unmasked doom, no visor cyclops, etc.

the others i do want to get my hands on came out before i started collecting mates, and are now too pricey, such as Jonah, Raft Sentry... and i wouldnt turn my nose up at a Stealth Iron Man.

Angel wont be a problem due to it's recent release, and fully intend to get General Ross, and the mk.II Iron Man, then stick the spare Rhodes head on wave 23 War Machine

the others i do want to get my hands on came out before i started collecting mates, and are now too pricey, such as Jonah, Raft Sentry... and i wouldnt turn my nose up at a Stealth Iron Man.

I had an unopened Sentry pack on eBay twice, with a starting bid of 10 bucks, and the only taker during one of my posts (for the minimum bid), didn't pay. Then, I had it here in the sell/buy thread, basically since its inception, and just sold it last week.

Just sayin', I don't think that he is too pricey ;) . Maybe you saw an aberrant auction somewhere or something that colored your perceptions?

Marvel = All chase

BSG = Series 4

Star Trek: Series 2 & 3

Less concerned about everything except Marvel, for which I got last lacking chase, Vision 2.0, this week. I have this disturbing trend of either being very proactive about chases and the line in general, or running behind and having to deal with ebay and trading here in a effort to catch up.

All of them!

*Thumbs Up*

Save for Gold Spidey, Silver Spidey & Santa Spidey, whom I don't actually count as real figures anyway, but some people do, my Marvel collection is 100% complete.

I haves them all.

:jawdrop:

You're not one of them crazy collecter people, that kill people for their minimates, right? <_<

Cause in that case i have nothing of value :lol:

as far as my marvel mates go im same as you . gold spiderman , silver , santa and a slight oversite. the first silly battle damaged spider-man the one with the ripped shirt and the 3 littele claw marks. hell DC Im only missing the riddle knightwing. im stil waiting for the new rocky set so my big 3 in mr t can pity my smaller 2" one

Edited by scarebusiness

I have Wave 3 Cyclops, Wave 11 Frosted Iceman, Wave 17 Transformation Venom, Wave 18 Mary Jane, Wave 20 Archangel. I only buy variants if I like the figure, not because they are rarer or more valuable.

The only variant that I have is Invisible Woman. When I finally decided to get the Fantastic Four (I've only been collecting a few months), she was the version I found most interesting. The solid colored one just didn't strike me that much. I paid $20 for her but I got Powerhouse Thing as well with her and I wanted him too. :)

I had an unopened Sentry pack on eBay twice, with a starting bid of 10 bucks, and the only taker during one of my posts (for the minimum bid), didn't pay. Then, I had it here in the sell/buy thread, basically since its inception, and just sold it last week.

Just sayin', I don't think that he is too pricey ;) . Maybe you saw an aberrant auction somewhere or something that colored your perceptions?

oh right, shame i missed that... i suppose i've just been looking at bad times. whenever i've checked, it's not been so much a case of price, but there's usually only 1 or 2 on there, and they're not shipping to the UK. i'll have to keep a closer look, even email sellers to see if they'll let the little fella cross the pond.

I have every single marvel minimate except X3 dark phoenix variant. I have been looking everywhere for her and I cannot find her. Every once and a great while when she pops up on ebay she sells for like $50-$60 and I just cant afford that. But otherwise I have every other minimates including variants

I just started to collect variants, so I don't have that many.

diamond Emma Frost

Archangel

Vision 2.0

unmasked Daredevil (on the way)

I'm working out a deal to pick up Invisible Woman and Transformation Venom variants, too.

Who's everyone's favorite variant in their collection? I know a lot of you like Black Costume Spidey and Stealth Iron Man, but I'm curious to hear other favs.

Arcangel without a shadow of a doubt. That mini is so frakkin sweet. Defo my fav minimate ever.

I have two for different reasons. Emma Frost because of the way she was excecuted in my opinion, mine has no paint lines out of place or anything and I think just looks awesome. But Spiderwoman is also my favorite just because she has been one of my favorite characters ever since the West Coast Avengers days.

let's see..

-visor-less cyclops

-mask-less dr doom

-spider-womanII

-archangel

-vision 2.0

i found cyke and dr doom and spider-woman at the comic shop,and the other two i got in a great deal on ebay(two full sets of 19 and 20 plus the zombie boxed set and black panther pack for $50 including shipping :biggrin: )