UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Which variants do you have?

BCDX97

With the thread about the suckiness of the variant/chase figures, I was wondering just what variants do people have? This is all I've got

Elektra (black) - came when I ordered the set from TFAW

Dr Doom (scarred) - came from TFAW as well

Spider-Woman II - picked it up from Ebay

I just ordered Waves 19 and 20 from BBTS, which came with the variants and the regular figs, so I will have two more variants. I bought Red Elektra and unscarred Doom from Ebay because I wanted them (actually, I didn't want the Doom variant at all, was sad when I got it!)

The one variant I don't have I wanted is Stealth Iron Man, but I never saw it on Ebay and now it seems to go for crazy prices, so never mind. Wouldn't mind the Emma or Sentry or Thor variants, or the J. Jonah. And I'm glad we're getting a new black Spidey, everyone loves Black Spidey.

So who do you guys have?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have every variant Marvel has released thus far, as I'm a completest for the Marvel line =) I also have sealed duplicates of the variants I like, such as Black Spiderman, Stealth Iron Man, & Vision 2.0. A lot of online stores are selling full waves with variants for pretty cheap these days, which should hopefully stop some of the complaining about variants...

Edited by ARE-JAY

-Unmasked Daredevil (eBay)

-Translucent White Queen (got instead of regular version when I bought the series from AFX).

-Archangel (Full set from Cornerstore Comics)

-Vision 2.0 (Full Set From Cornerstore Comics)

I've been wanting the Spider-Woman II, J. Jonah Jameson, and Stealth Iron Man, but they just aren't worth the prices they go for if you can even find them.

I have each Marvel wave's variant. I try to be as completist as possible but there have been some variants that I thought were lame like the DOFP Wolverine and the Vision variant, and some of the variants needed more "variation" like Doctor Doom with out his mask and Daredevil with the glasses and Cyclops with no visor. But hey I love them all regardless.

Edited by gambitron

Off the top of my head:

-Black Suit Spidey (sigh....)

-Black Suit Spider-Woman

-J. Jonah Jameson. BTW, I stuck his "mask" on a different head and put that on the body of 24 series two's George Mason. Looks very cool. Someday I'll get around to taking and posting pictures of these things.

Those are about the only ones I'd want. I'd get an Angel if it had the classic look (short hair and the mask-like thing he wears), but he doesn't so I didn't. I'm glad that DST seems to be following the DCD model more of including hair pieces and the like for unmasking, rather then making these variants.

- black electra

- symbiote spidey

- cyclopse w/o visor

- unmasked daredevil

- unmasked doom

- clear white queen

Well, I was a completionist until Astonishing X-Men (don't remember the Series number right off hand). I HATED the Days of the Future Past Wolverine. Looking at that God aweful figure I realized, why am I paying sometimes doubt the amount for one useless figure. That being said, my faith was restored with the Variant Angel, as he is not one of my top 3 favorite Minimates ever. The only Variants that I don't own now are DofFP Wolverine, Raft Sentry, and Vision 2.0. I have no interest in ever owning Vision or Wolvie, but I really want Sentry........just haven't been able to find him! neo

chase variants that I have:

-Symbiote Spidey

-J. Jonah Jameson

-Invisible Invisible Woman

-Frosted Iceman

-Archangel w/blue face (well, sort of. This is now regular Angel)

-Vision 2.0

--edit: forgot about the transforming Venom variant. I've got that one, too--

The only two missing that I want is black Spiderwoman and Stealth Iron Man--the two rivaling Symbiote Spidey in terms of price, of course. I actually had a few others that I have either gotten rid of, or am in the process of getting rid of.

Edited by karamazov80

I have only two Marvel variants. SM3 Mary Jane (it is me after all) and the Diamond Emma Frost. Only because she was super cheap. I also have three of each Variant for Modern BSG, one open and two sealed. Plus a fourth of the first wave. Marvel variants, for the most part, don't appeal to me. I sure wish I had an Invisible Woman though.

not at all a completist, just grabbed the ones I really wanted:

-Black Spidey

-Stealth Iron Man

-Frosted Iceman (have two actually, the first one that I got off eBay I should've emailed the seller about, but just grabbed it, and it has some minor wear-and-tear and is missing his ice blast... and I'm way too picky/neurotic for that!)

-Black Electra

-Diamond Emma Frost (ended up getting two of these too, since the first one came out of the box with what looks like a blue ink blob in the middle of the clear part of her leg)

-Archangel

-SM3 MJ

-was the transparent Invisible Woman a regular wave variant? I thought she was harder to get, but I could be remembering wrong. One of my favourite mates though.

Skipping the upcoming movie mates, and then I'll probably grab Rhodey if I see him (but the two War Machines are so similar I'm not that bothered if I don't) and that Spider-man villain I've never even heard of, so I'll wait for pictures to decide.

Edited by battlecat

-was the transparent Invisible Woman a regular wave variant? I thought she was harder to get, but I could be remembering wrong. One of my favourite mates though.

Skipping the upcoming movie mates, and then I'll probably grab Rhodey if I see him (but the two War Machines are so similar I'm not that bothered if I don't) and that Spider-man villain I've never even heard of, so I'll wait for pictures to decide.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=32

The Rhodey War Machine variant is actually the only figure I want from that wave, but since I will be able to buy all the others for probably 10-15 bucks more than what I would if I just got him by himself, I'll get all of them, probably from Cornerstorecomics.

Come to think of it, T-Bolt Ross is the only Hulk figure that I'm really clamoring for as well, and he will be the variant.

Hmm. I've got...

Bearded Thor

Raft Sentry

Vision 2.0

Angel

Diamond Emma Frost

Clear Invisible Woman

Unmasked Doctor Doom

Spiderwoman (black suit variant)

Black Spider Man

Stealth Iron Man

All the Icemen Variants

J. J. Jameson

And some more that i cant remember.

I've got all marvel variants doubles of most triples of some I don't have doubles of stealth Iron Man or black Spider Man. I've also got Scotty and dress Mccoy I picked him up hoping to trade it but it seems nobody wants him :unsure:

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Just Archangel, though I had Vision 2.0 and got rid of him. I'd like to get the Spider-Woman variant to build up my West Coast Avengers roster, but not at the price she's going for right now.

I didn't realise these were so pricey! I see a black SW went for $46 on Ebay recently. I know I didn't pay that much for her, probably was like ten bucks. But it was back around when it came out. I'm like you, I'm sure not paying crazy prices for these variants I wish they never had in the first place! I didn't mind when the variants were kind of lame (Cyclops w/o visor, DD w/o mask) but when they are cool (Stealth Iron Man) or NEW characters (Tarantula? How lame that it's a variant), well, I wish they weren't variants in the first place.

And another thing that is lame is that there are people selling non-variant figures on Ebay labeled as variants in their description. I know, caveat empour and all that, but I still thought it was lame. Selling non-variant "variants". ::(

Oh okay, they've released so many non-wave FF mates I get mixed up.

$46 for Black Spiderwoman is nuts. I didn't even pay that much for Black Spidey or Stealth Iron Man, and that was only a year or so back... that makes me relieved I've mostly checked off my list of hard-to-find mates at this point.

It is getting almost impossible to find old variants at reasonable prices.