UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would you like to see?

How about Jaws?

Jaws would make a cool boxset - I'm thinking the assortment would go something like this:

Chief Brody w/ pistol and either scuba tank OR chum bucket

Matt Hooper with "Shark Dart"

Quint (military jacket & cap version from the early part of the movie) w/ rifle & yellow shark barrel

Mayor Larry w/ gaudy nautical sportcoat (the one with the little anchors on it)

I'd really like to see a set with "Bruce", but I know a giant shark would be too much to ask

For an exclusive how about Chief Brody in his cop uniform w/ pistol and Hooper in scuba gear

Just a thought... Jaws is such a cool movie

Family Guy

Hell yeah!

I have to do this:

Peter/Brian

Lois/Stewie

Meg/Chris

Variant: Mickey McFinnigan/)O'Brian (the sheep)

Two variants work here

Wave two

Quagmire/Cleveland

Joe/Death

Battle Damaged Peter/Giant Chicken

Variant: Cop uniform Joe/Death w/o Hood

Wave three: Blue Harvest

Stewie (as Vader)/ Peter (as Solo)

Chris (as Luke)/Lois (as Leia)

Brian (as Chewie)/Herbert (as Kenobi)

Variant: Lois's parents as Owen/Beru

Exclusives (One for previews, the other for whatever. both Star Wars):

Quagmire/Cleveland as C3PO/R2D2

Something Someting Something Dark Side Exclusive: Ollie (as Lando)/Giant Chicken (as Boba Fett)

BTW: Yes I'm serious about that. Blue Harvest gets a sequel called Something Something Something Dark Side with the Gian Chicken as Boba Fett

Kick Ass

Boxsets:

The Untitled Griffin Family History (this would kick ass even thouh it's not gonna happen):

Moses Griffin

Nate Griffin

Caveman Peter

Peter Hitler

Edited by Trekker 42

How about Jaws?

I think this is a great idea, and I would be happy if DST didn't even do JAWS himself (though that would certainly be nice). I think this set would give DST another chance to do slightly unusual, distinctive human faces and outfits, which really helps when they are doing humans in Minimate form. Plus, it is a much beloved film both generally, and amongst geek/cult movie fans, which would help sales at comic outlets and/or specialty movie stores like FYE.

I would personally buy Minimate Simpsons, but not Minimate Family Guy toys.

My three choices have all been named-- Lost, Arrested Development, MST3K.

How about... Curb Your Enthusiasm? No, wait, Flight of the Concords. That would be cool.

Flight of the Conchords would be rad!

Four Pack:

Bret with Guitar

Jemaine with Bass

Murray with checklist

Dave with Paint Ball Gun or Mel with... something humorously creepy

other accessories: boom-box, stationary bike, musical card, box of sawdust

Exclusive 2-Pack:

Bret with eye patch

Jemaine as David Bowie

Coco was kinda prominent, I'd say she'd constitute an exclusive or something. Maybe even just bagged, but it'd be nice to have her there too.

Maybe even...ugh, I forget their names and now I feel like a bad fan, but the two guys from the last episode. Demitri Martin played one. With the bongos.

Coco does indeed deserve a 'mate. And the Crazy Doggz definitely do too. (I think the other guy is Todd Berry or something like that.) And Sally would be nice too. There are really so many good moments and characters in the show, it's tough to narrow it down. Bring 'em all on, I say.

And add me to the list that would love some Firefly minimates.

this will never happen but a return of music mates would rock!

wave one:

trooper eddie/number of the beast eddie

tom morello/zach de la rocha

better kiss minis!

variant:killers eddie

wave two:

jimi hendrix/slash

eddie van halen/eric johnson

stevie ray vaughn(is that spelled right?)/lenny kravitz

variant:can't think of one

How about Jaws?

Jaws would make a cool boxset - I'm thinking the assortment would go something like this:

I am so going to get into trouble for this post....but if you know/knew me you wouldn't/won't be offended. I tend to 'scan' posts on here & then come back & reply. I 'scanned' captain checker's post just days ago & read his post as 'What would you like to see?' 'How about Jews?' .....that's how I read it. OK, OK ,what's funny about that? Except that now I cannot stop imagining various ,stereotypical, 4 pack ,AFX Orthodox Exclusives. The elusive 'kosher' variant that no-one can find on ebay. Super-rabbi C3 Mini-flyer , The Synagogue Six...et ad nauseam*. I am not in any shape or form a bigot , racist or hypocrite but I just had to share it with you. Forgive me.

* trans. I've been sick

BHM, you damn near make me piss my pants whenever you leave a post. :D

Anyhow..... I think I would love some box sets based on some SciFi miniseries, Frank Herberts Dune, Children of Dune and Tin Man. I would mos def buy waves based on Serenity/Firefly. And finally, I would go Ape-shit for a blank minimate with the SciFi channel logo on it.

How about Jaws?

I am so going to get into trouble for this post....but if you know/knew me you wouldn't/won't be offended. I tend to 'scan' posts on here & then come back & reply. I 'scanned' captain checker's post just days ago & read his post as 'What would you like to see?' 'How about Jews?' .....that's how I read it. OK, OK ,what's funny about that? Except that now I cannot stop imagining various ,stereotypical, 4 pack ,AFX Orthodox Exclusives. The elusive 'kosher' variant that no-one can find on ebay. Super-rabbi C3 Mini-flyer , The Synagogue Six...et ad nauseam*. I am not in any shape or form a bigot , racist or hypocrite but I just had to share it with you. Forgive me.

* trans. I've been sick

Well Crap!

Now you've gone and done it!

After that post, all I can think of is the "Jews in Space" trailer from Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I.

You think DST will make the ships shown in the movie in Minimate scale? ;)

Edited by captain_cbecker

Heroes

Heroes would be great. This is how it could be:

Peter and Claire

Hiro and Sylar

Mohinder and Matt

Chase:Future Hiro and Sylar

Niki and DL

Nathan and Angela Petrelli

Noah and Mrs.Bennet

Chase: Jessica and DL

And some accessories could be Wounded parts for Claire, Kensei sword, Brain, Mr.Muggles :lol: .etc

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After that post, all I can think of is the "Jews in Space" trailer from Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I.

Well, crap! I'll have this song in my head for weeks!

:lol:

And, on topic, heroes mighty be pretty cool, but i guess I'd buy Futurama Mates without hesitation! (Altough I am more into the Simpsons, I guess I'd prefer the Planet Express crew as Minimates much more.)

Like:

Fry - Bender

Leela /w Nibbler - Dr. Zoidberg

Hermes - Prof. Farnsworth

All with nice accessories and gadgets. We also have to get Amy in there somewhere, but she can't be a chase, because - check this out, this is really awesome - as chase, we'd get this exclusive Hell Bender Mate!!!!!!!111 :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Most of my top choices have already been mentioned.

X-Files - I love the palz why not mini mates now?

Firefly - I would be all over these as well.

Buck Rodgers - As said above I be all over these as well.

As for a couple not mentioned.

V The Mini Series - I loved V the series as well as the final battle and the short lived tv series. This is kinda my dream line i love to see minimates and 3 3/4 action figures. But it's not gonna happen.

Sliders - Like V this is never going to happen. Oh well I can dream

this will never happen but a return of music mates would rock!

wave one:

trooper eddie/number of the beast eddie

tom morello/zach de la rocha

better kiss minis!

variant:killers eddie

wave two:

jimi hendrix/slash

eddie van halen/eric johnson

stevie ray vaughn(is that spelled right?)/lenny kravitz

variant:can't think of one

variant: Axl Rose?

Hmm... Rage Against The Machine mates, eh? If I had known we were going THAT route then I HAVE to suggest Red Hot Chili Peppers mates!

Anthony Kiedis

Flea

John Frusciante

Chad Smith

variant: Dave Navarro? or maybe "tube sock" peppers :blink:

For TV.... what about Pushing Daisies? The costumes in there are just quirky enough to make for neat, retro-looking mates.

Ned/Chuck

Olive/Emerson

Aunt Lily/Aunt Vivian

And I remember somebody in another thread had (jokingly) suggested Psych mates. My comment: Shawn had better come with a minimate-sized pineapple.

• 3 weeks later...

Given the holiday - and since it's the 25th anniversary of Christmas Story this year.... I was just thinking that A Christmas Story minimates would certainly be a fun set..

How about this boxset:

Ralphie (in normal school clothes) & Red Ryder BB Gun

Randy (in the maroon Michellin man snow outfit)

Mom & soap bar

The Old Man & The Leg lamp & Fra-gee-lay crate

And this Exclusive 2-pk:

Ralphie in the bunny suit

Winter clothes flick with interchangeable tongue-attached-to-a-flagpole head