UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man Overkill?

hellpop

Heck, I say there arent enough. Want my Titanium Man. Once I get the Iron Man thru the ages set, I might break out the Stealth Iron Man I have mint in box. Oh, and how about a Thor Buster and Hulk Buster Iron Man? And the Beetle?

• 3 weeks later...
Heck, I say there arent enough. Want my Titanium Man. Once I get the Iron Man thru the ages set, I might break out the Stealth Iron Man I have mint in box. Oh, and how about a Thor Buster and Hulk Buster Iron Man? And the Beetle?

Dude, the Beetle is not Iron Man. He is a guy named Abner Jenkins who is a small-time Spider-Man villain in a high tech suit vaguely like Iron Man's. titanium Ma is not Iron Man either, he's a commie in a metal suit like Iron Man's.

I don't follow Iron Man or a lot of the comic-based minimates very closely.

I noticed a set at AFX that I didn't recognize as one of the AFX exclusives for SDCC or otherwise.

Can someone tell me who the characters are in the set pictures in the upper left of AFX Exclusives page

http://www.shopafx.com/exclusives8.html

Is this going to be available at SDCC?

Thanks

This is the first time I've seen it. Here is a blown up, but blurry pic:

actionfigurexpress_2011_78219628-1.gif

That Tony has a different outfit than the other movie version announced, and red sunglasses, obviously. His facial expression seems the same, so it could just be an alternate hairpiece. . .but an alternate chestpiece, too?

That Iron Monger looks much the same, but the Iron Man with wings? I don't know what that is about, but other than that, he looks essentially the same as the previous shown version. So, as with Tony, this could just be an alternate feature to the previously shown toy.

But the bald lady (the skirt suggests a woman)? I have no idea who this is. Moondragon with a kerchief? How could this be anything other than another figure? Even the arms appear different than Pepper Pots.

They don't look different enough to be part of another wave of Iron Man movie figures, but maybe they are? Could this be another 4-pack of some kind? I hope that the prototypes shown at SDCC aren't these, though.

This is the first time I've seen it. Here is a blown up, but blurry pic:

actionfigurexpress_2011_78219628-1.gif

That Tony has a different outfit than the other movie version announced, and red sunglasses, obviously. His facial expression seems the same, so it could just be an alternate hairpiece. . .but an alternate chestpiece, too?

That Iron Monger looks much the same, but the Iron Man with wings? I don't know what that is about, but other than that, he looks essentially the same as the previous shown version. So, as with Tony, this could just be an alternate feature to the previously shown toy.

But the bald lady (the skirt suggests a woman)? I have no idea who this is. Moondragon with a kerchief? How could this be anything other than another figure? Even the arms appear different than Pepper Pots.

They don't look different enough to be part of another wave of Iron Man movie figures, but maybe they are? Could this be another 4-pack of some kind? I hope that the prototypes shown at SDCC aren't these, though.

I was thinking that it might be the mystery prototype set that AFX has announced for SDCC

The bald guy looks like the terrorist leader who deals with Stane in the movie.

I forgot about him. I bet that is right. I bet this will be a 4-piece box set. If so, it seems like they are squandering an opportunity to do something a little more interesting.

oh crap I hope this isnt the prototype boxset, but the ole magic 8 ball says all signs point to yes

I mean they look good, just after the announcement of a Mighty Muggs RED SKULL I was hoping for a minimate version as well.... (see BBTS for pics).

well poop... :(

OK so... So from my POV I see...

Raza ( Terrorist on Skirt)

Pre-capture Tony Stark ( got to say I like this look!)

Battle damaged Ironman & Iron Monger. ( look at the detail they have "dirty marks" on them)

To be honest I'm torn.... I'm a HUGE IM fan and love these BUT feel it's squandering a new box set and as the guys said this is a rehash and not something new and exciting...

Let me see them at SDCC and I'lll share opinions then!

T.

p.s. If we get these B4 the Main movie wave as a surprise extra set at SDCC then that's good but feel it might be one IM set to far? ( *Gasp* TBT questioning an IM set!!!)

If this ends up being the box set, I too am a little disappointed. The only figure I could really get excited about is Raza. I was hoping for something comic-based. Oh well, I will look forward to seeing better pictures soon. Nice find captain cbecker!

I'm baffled by the apparent inclusion of a battle-damaged Iron Monger. He didn't really take any damage in the movie, as he had the upper hand right up until he got

blasted by the Arc generator at the end

. Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched about the whole Iron Man pile up, I'm just confused on why we're getting needless BD versions when they could fill a slot or two with Yinsen, Happy Hogan, the SHIELD guy, or even the blond who Tony got with at the beginning.

OK so... So from my POV I see...

Raza ( Terrorist on Skirt)

Pre-capture Tony Stark ( got to say I like this look!)

Battle damaged Ironman & Iron Monger. ( look at the detail they have "dirty marks" on them)

I'd agree with TBT. Also, I think the "wings" in the picture are flaps Tony used when braking.

I can't wait to see these in person next week at comic-con. I honestly don't care that it more Iron Man stuff (since I love Iron Man) even thought it would be cool to have some new never done figures but just as long as new minimates keep coming I am a happy camper.

I was ready to say there were too many Iron Men after this latest box set surprise announcement, but I've changed my mind. Bring on the Iron Men. It was a great movie and anything that gets sales for mates, I'm 100% behind. In case there was any doubt, I'll be getting them all.

I'm baffled by the apparent inclusion of a battle-damaged Iron Monger. He didn't really take any damage in the movie, as he had the upper hand right up until he got

blasted by the Arc generator at the end

. Don't get me wrong, I'm psyched about the whole Iron Man pile up, I'm just confused on why we're getting needless BD versions when they could fill a slot or two with Yinsen, Happy Hogan, the SHIELD guy, or even the blond who Tony got with at the beginning.

Or

Sam L jackson as Nick Fury

• 2 weeks later...