UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Boom Blox

luke314pi

I got this game as an early Father's Day present. We had a bunch of friends over on Friday night, and played this game for three hours straight. This is a perfect example of how the wiimote should be used. This game really could not work on any other system, and it is a great party game. The controls are very responsive, and the physics in the game make it feel like you are truly wreaking havoc as you knock down mighty towers of blocks.

I have actually felt that this is the first good use of the wiimote in a long time. For me, the wiimote controls in games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and even Mario Galaxy felt tacked on, and gimicky. And don't even get me started on the myriad of other wii games that make you waggle the damn thing around like a fish that you just pulled out of the lake.

I recommend Boom Blox to almost any Wii owner, especially if you can take advantage of the multiplayer modes.

Edited by luke314pi

I have to agree it is a perfect group game, my whole family play it and thats an achievement in itself. Me I like the target ones where you bounce the blocks into the score multipliers and the multi coloured jenga ones.