UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toyfare Star Wars Lego Tease

So in the Toyfare that just came in the mail yesterday there is a sneak peek at two minifigs (A Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguises) saying that there is a top secret set coming out later this year. The minifigs and their little speech bubbles make it obvious that the set will have something to do with the Death Star and I hope it is a trash compacter or detention cell block set but would love to hear any other speculation on what you guess or hope it is.

I'm guessing the detention cell block with a possible trash compactor, but who knows? I'd be happy with any random Death Star scene if we could get a Death Star droid and possibly an Imperial Gunner or two.

I'm a little disappointed that Han and Luke in Stormtrooper outfits are two of the figures in the set because they are easy enough for one to make on their own. Also, I HATE the hippie hair they put on Luke. I'll be promptly switching that one out for the normal hairpiece.

This might be what they were teasing about - Lego Death Star playset.

That is the greatest LEGO thing I've ever seen in my life. I think I'm in love. It has parts for both episode 4 and 6. I must know pricepoint. I MUST KNOW!!!

Oh, $400 USD. Crap.

IG88 is in there. Go figure. I guess these guys know their EU and behind the scenes of the Death Star 2. (For those who don't know, IG88 took over the Death Star's main computer and shot at rebels fo a while before the whole thing blew up.)

Edited by Trekker 42

Well, since it's Lego, you could always take the TIE parts and flesh out other parts of the set.

Can I also just say, this set is insanely, truly awesome, and if there were only one Lego System set to own, this would be it. Someone ought to take that basic design and make a Hasbro-scale version!

So I saw the pictures of this set and about crapped in my pants! The best part was that when I showed the pictures to my wife she said "you've got to have that set" so I didn't even have to go through the convincing process! SWEET!

Well, since it's Lego, you could always take the TIE parts and flesh out other parts of the set.

Can I also just say, this set is insanely, truly awesome, and if there were only one Lego System set to own, this would be it. Someone ought to take that basic design and make a Hasbro-scale version!

You mean like this but with way more awesomeness? :

http://www.toltoys.com/2007/01/star-wars-m...ayset-play.html

Edited by Fo Shizzle