UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Minimates: Wave 8 comes out tomarrow

I cancelled my pre-order a couple of weeks ago. There aren't any figures in this series I was just dying to have and with apparently nothing more after series 8 it's hard for me to get excited. I figure I'll pick up Cyborg & Raven later and maybe a loose Sinestro.

DOA toy line = who cares?

Salaak is one of the only DC mates that I have been looking forward to getting. This whole line never really did it for me. The only other characters I wanted (that was released anyway) was Brainaic 13 and Super Girl, and her hair turned out all poopy. Maybe I am just not that big enough of a DC fan. I can't wait to get me dirty little hands on Salaak though :turned:

Real silly that this is the last wave. But like they say, every beginning has an end. Just like everything else in existence....

..... Say, everything but Galactus. All hail Galactus.......

..... oh, and God, him too :thumbsup:

Edited by pickle

who els is pumped? :highfive2:

I’ve been looking forward to getting a Sinestro ever since we got Hal in the first series. I like getting GLs in this line and Saalak looks to be the coolest one yet. Cyborg and Raven are my two favorite Titans so I’m stoked to get them. More Bat characters are always welcome so the new Batwoman will add nicely to the display. Modern Question may grow on me especially if it comes with a removable mask and hair piece to become a normal Renee Montoya. Superman & Wonder Woman will be interesting display pieces at least (though I’m going to have to give them angrier faces) and I hoping that this pack comes with a Brainiac head.

Most of all I’m looking forward to seeing what surprise accessories come with these packs and to Mini Myte’s photos once he gets these in hand.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but Raven has a second alternate face on the head like the Buffy Palz had. Very cool. :)

Modern Question may grow on me especially if it comes with a removable mask and hair piece to become a normal Renee Montoya.

Montoya has a regular head which is just turned around; no "mask". So you can display her with face or without. Hair piece and hat are one piece.

E>

Edit: posted some pics showing the above in their own thread.

Edited by elmeaux

I am not the most knowledgable when it comes to DC characters but I am still excited for this wave and I am a completist so since I have all the other DC waves I have to have this one. I am always bummed that I have to wait for them to come in the mail since I don't ahve a good LCS to pick them up at. It is always sad when a minimates line ends but not buying more DC waves frees up my money to pick up some of the movie sets coming out this summer.

Modern Question may grow on me especially if it comes with a removable mask and hair piece to become a normal Renee Montoya.

Montoya has a regular head which is just turned around; no "mask". So you can display her with face or without. Hair piece and hat are one piece.

That's a bit of a bummer, I was hoping that they would at least include some fold/ anatomy lines to give the appearance of a mask. Using the blank back of a head is a bit lazy of DCD. It is really nice that it comes with a Renee face though.

I picked up Salaak/Sinestro and Question/Batwoman, the latter simply so that I can customize a Vic Sage Question from her. I'll be using a non-breast chest (Gaius Baltar's, I believe) and the hat from Tiger Jacket Rocky, though I may try to get fancy and cut the Montoya hair off the Question hat and put on a man's hairpiece. It's a shame that they didn't just include parts so that you can decide which Question you want. It wouldn't have been hard, just an extra hat and a male shirt and tie on the other side of the torso.

Both Sinestro and Salaak look amazing in the package; I wasn't sure if I was going to buy this set right away or wait, but seening them in person convinced me. Cyborg also looks really cool, though Raven looks to be one of the weaker 'mates, IMHO. I didn't even look at the Red Son pack.