UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

LEGO Games

neolego

Ah, it seems like yesterday I was playing around LEGO Island and LEGO Island 2 for the PC. I've always been a huge LEGO fan and a big game fan, so what's not to love right? Then, the Holy Grail of all LEGO games was announced. LEGO Star Wars! I couldn't believe it. I had never played a great (or even very good) console LEGO game, so I was very nervous about the outcome. But, to my pleasent suprise, LEGO Star Wars was a hit. Now, 4 games later we get our first taste of a LEGO game out of a galaxy far, far away with LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventure. I picked up my pre-ordered copy today and played a little bit at lunch. I have to say so far, so good! It's the same game as the previous LEGO Star Wars games. But I feel it has a little more polish. It does look better and seems to be a little more responsive. The great thing is all of the added stuff you can do like Dig, Pick up Items, and switch anywhere on the screen and I've only played through a few levels.

Since I'm so excited about the new LEGO Indy and the soon to be released LEGO Batman, I thought I'd start a general LEGO thread that we could all use. If you want to discuss LEGO Star Wars (1, 2, or 3), LEGO Indy, LEGO Batman, or just LEGO games in general please feel free. And if you haven't picked up LEGO Indy yet and liked the LEGO Star Wars games I would say you should really pick this up. It's great! neo

I have both lego star wars games, I think they are great and a lot of fun. the best part is how accessible they are to everyone and how enjoyable everyone seems to find them. I am crazy excited about indy and batman. with all the mates coming out this summer i have to put off the games, but there is a probability that i will get it for my birthday. I say that because my brother in law said that is what he was getting me! now i just have to wait all summer though.

I'm by no means a big gamer, but I do love Lego Star Wars on my Wii. Since I have so little time for gaming, by the time I finish Star Wars, Indy and Batman will probably be in the clearance rack!

Aw Man, I'm about half way through Raiders right now and I cannot say how much better this game is than Star Wars. You can hand on ledges, climb ropes, feed monkey, and carry objects. One of my favorite things so far is in Cairo, once you defeat an Arab bad guy you can pick up his huge Arab Sword which is really cool to smack people around with. The game has not been very difficult, but that was to be expected. I can say that I've died quite a few more times in Indy then I do in Star Wars though, so it seems to be a little more intelligent. All in all I'm having great fun and can't wait to play some more.

There is also a really cool Trailer for LEGO Batman in the Indy game, and it makes me want it even more. They characters look great and I can't wait to be gliding around Gotham! neo