UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Summer Releases

neolego

So, I was going through my Pre-Orders for the next few months and realized there is a lot of stuff due out. What are you guys looking forward to this summer?

For me, it looks like this:

-LEGO Indy (360 - Reserved)

-NASCAR 09 (360 - Reserved)

-Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS - Reserved)

-We Love Golf (Wii - Reserved)

-Final Fantasy Tactics: A2 (DS)

-Civilization Revolution (360)

-Madden 09: Collector's Edition (360 - Reserved)

I also have heavy interest in Dragonball Z: Burst Limit, Kung Fu Panda, and Bionic Commando, but I'll wait for reviews. See, I didn't realized how packed my summer was, lol. What about you guys, anything you are really looking forward to? neo

Wow neo, that's a lot of games. Are you sure that you needed to reserve Nascar 09, though? :)

I may get GTA IV before the summer lets out, but probably not. Budget is tight. Not sure when it is coming out, but whenever it gets down to 30 dollars, I'll probably pick up Ninja Gaiden 2 for the 360.

Nascar is a mos def reserve.

Whenever we (my stupid retail job) get the new Nascar game in, we are sold out within hours. We only get restocked like once or twice, so there are always disgruntled shoppers. Strange though isn't it? Nascar? who would have known? Nascar fans are a special breed :biggrin:

Lets see...

Well It all depends how the reviews come in for Battlefield bad company next month but I suspect that might be my next purchase, I've heard mixed things about the beta though.

After that here's the games I'm looking forward to that are supposed to be coming in 2008 are ( Interest levels vary and actual purchases will Depend on previews and reviews nearer the time)

Mercenaries 2

Force Unleashed

Fable 2

Fallout 3

Left 4 Dead

Far Cry 2

Huxley (perhaps!)

Tomb Raider Underworld

Dead Island

Ghostbusters

Gears of War 2

I'm sure there are others but they have slipped my attention right now ;)

T.

Nascar is a mos def reserve.

Whenever we (my stupid retail job) get the new Nascar game in, we are sold out within hours. We only get restocked like once or twice, so there are always disgruntled shoppers. Strange though isn't it? Nascar? who would have known? Nascar fans are a special breed :biggrin:

In Canada? Huh. Out of curiosity, in that game, do you just constantly turn slightly, periodically stopping to refuel or to get tires changed? I guess that's kind of cool (I kid! I kid! :D I'm sure that you also get to slow down for those laps when there is an accident. That probably gives those games a lot of unpredictability.).

If TBT is referencing Ghostbusters for the 360, that is another one that I am looking forward to. I hope it doesn't turn out to be a stinker, but licensed movie-based games suck in the vast majority of cases.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, because I am a poor old Brit, I am looking forward to Super Smash Bros. Brawl, out here on June 27th. Over 3 months later than America. And to think that Americans were saying that it wasn't fair that their Brawl was delayed by a few weeks, while we had no release date until about a month ago.

Bah.

Vig

Edited by Vigilante

Fable 2

Gears of War 2

Star Wars Force Unleashed

Halo Wars

I was just thinking more along the lines of releases for the Summer (see Thread Title) :P. But I TOO am really, really looking forward to Fallout 3, Ghostbuster, and Fable 2!!

Back to this Summer. I actually reserve the games that I'm going to buy because I'm really good friends with the GameStop manager and they get something extra for reseves (not sure how it works exactly). But, he always hooks me up with some of the cool swag that he gets and then I will only reserve games from him when he's working. You form a relationship like that and it's good for everyone. So, if there is a game that I know I'm going to buy, whether demanded or not, I will always pre-order it from him.

One more note, I completely forgot Bourne Conspiricy which comes out Wednesday. I noticed it in the Target Ad yesterday, I completely forgot about it. I don't know if I'll get that right away, but I really want it. I love the Bourne movies!! neo

There are alot of things that seem pretty cool coming out this summer; Star Wars Force Unleashed, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, Hellboy Science of Evil, so on and so forth. But the only game I'm buying for sure is Soul Calibur IV, those games are never a letdown.

Ah, it's funny you bring up SCIV. I've actually never been a SC fan. I bought the last one (the one with Link) for the GameCube. I loved it, I thought it was one of the best fighters I've played. In the end though, I'm not a huge fan of fighting games. I'll get DBZ because I love the Series and I'll probably get SFIV because it's beautiful. Not too sold on SCIV yet, but I will say that Yoda being in the 360 version is sure not making my decision easy :). neo

I forget about that game alot, but I also agree that Soul Caliber 2 for the Gamecube was awesome (especially when you controlled Link, and got all the swords, etc.). I played the heck out of that thing a few years ago.

There are alot of things that seem pretty cool coming out this summer; Star Wars Force Unleashed, Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit, Hellboy Science of Evil, so on and so forth. But the only game I'm buying for sure is Soul Calibur IV, those games are never a letdown.

FYI Star Wars is in September. It's been pushed back.

last night i heard they are making guitar hero metallica! :buttrock:

Seriously? I guess they did an Aerosmith before, but. . .I don't know, I prefer some variation in my Guitar Hero. I wonder if it will have any post-black album songs. "I'm madly in anger with you!!" What a bunch of crap that is.

Well, I have to say my outlook on Summer games has now officially changed. I looked at LEGO Indy as my most played game this summer, but that is not going to be the case. Why you ask? Well, last night I download the demo for Civiliazation: Revolution on the 360 and that thing sucked my time right away. I played for over an hour straight until the demo stopped. It's amazing! I was hesitant about them trying to bring the series on the Console, not sure how is was going to go down. But, after my hands-on last night I can say that all of my worries were put to rest and now I'm counting down the days until July 9th. This may end up being one of my favoite games of all time, we'll have to see! neo

Civ is great and one of the few games that gets my 'sunrise' award (as in I've literally played it til the sun came up).

It has a really fiendish 'just one more turn' addiction to it.

However I've played this a lot on the PC and probably wont be buying the 360 version because i have previous versions and I'm not sure seeing it on a bigger TV is worth the spend of $60.

The other Demo that was released this week was Battlefield bad company, which I got to play for an hour or so yesterday and I'll probably be picking up, the destruction is a little less exciting than expected BUT I had a lot of fun in multiplayer sniping people as the maps are big enough to pander to my love of sniping :)

T.

Rather than starting a new thread for each new game, I just thought I'd discuss the Summer games here, in the Summer Releases Thread! So far I've picked up 3 of my Summer Wanted list. I've already spoke about LEGO Indy a little bit in another thread, but I picked up 2 news games yesterday and thought I'd give some early impressions!

LEGO Indy (360)

-I've praised this game several times over, but I won't stop. It's great! It's so much fun to sit down and play. It's simple and not really difficult, you can't die for Pete's sake, but it's still a blast to play. I've heard arguments on both sides of the Star Wars vs Indy argument, but as it stands I think I'll have to side with Indy. I think the environments are really the kicker for me, I love the real world setting with booby traps!! I would still recommend this to anyone who loves action games and I've not even 50% done yet!

NASCAR 09 (360)

-Let me say I'm new to the NASCAR world! I'm from Florida so I've been to the Daytona track several times growing up, once for the 500. Anyway, as I got older it wasn't a sport that I've followed. Now, my Brother-In-Law is a HUGE fan, so he's making me watch. We sat down right before the season started and he said that I didn't enjoy it because I didn't have a racer to pull for. So, he made me choose a racer. He likes Jr. The only other one that I knew was Jeff Gordon, but I don't like the popular vote. Then, I noticed there were Toyota cars in the series, so I went with a Toyota. So, he was showing me the Toyota and then I saw it, the M&Ms car! I knew that was the one. The funny thing is, after we started watching, Kyle Busch was actually doing great. So, in the end I think he was right, I actually like watching more now that I root for a racer.......of couse I still can't watch a whole race from start, I'm still a rookie! Anyway, I said all of that to say this is the first NASCAR game that I've owned and I'm really liking it. The game starts by Jeff Gordon introducing you to the controls and letting you race his #24. Once you get comfy with the controls you can get to establish your driver, you put in your name, number, and hometown. Then you get to design your car. They have a lot of options as well as real sponsers and a bunch of made up ones. All in all, the experience has been really immerse. The driver is really good, it's not sim, but it's not arcade, it's somewhere in the middle. I've been told it's much better with the wheel, so I'm thinking of picking that up this weekend, but we'll see!

Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (360)

-I LOVE DBZ! It's one of the dumbest, most drawn out shows of all time. It will take you 3 to 6 episodes to even get to a major fight, and then at least that many to finish it. However, as much as I can trash about the series, I love it. I've owned several DBZ games in the past, the best of with being the Legend games on the DS. Burst Limit starts where most of their fighters has: Ground Level. This is my main problem with the game. The series is like 20 years old and it's had dozens of games made after it, however this release is still really limited. How you ask? There are only 25 fighters and 5 stages to fight on. And the series only goes through the Cell Saga (which for non-fans is only a little more than half way thru the series). The good news is, the game is awesome. The fighting is really tight and really fun! Each character plays different so you don't feel like they've recycled sets with new skins. I still have some training to do, but for now I really like the game. The bad news is, in a year or so they will come out with a much better game. More characters, better/longer story, new features, etc. However, for now it's a blast and Burst Limit will be a game that I will continue to follow as it goes Super Saiyan!

neo

Rather than starting a new thread for each new game, I just thought I'd discuss the Summer games here, in the Summer Releases Thread! So far I've picked up 3 of my Summer Wanted list. I've already spoke about LEGO Indy a little bit in another thread, but I picked up 2 news games yesterday and thought I'd give some early impressions!

LEGO Indy (360)

-I've praised this game several times over, but I won't stop. It's great! It's so much fun to sit down and play. It's simple and not really difficult, you can't die for Pete's sake, but it's still a blast to play. I've heard arguments on both sides of the Star Wars vs Indy argument, but as it stands I think I'll have to side with Indy. I think the environments are really the kicker for me, I love the real world setting with booby traps!! I would still recommend this to anyone who loves action games and I've not even 50% done yet!...

neo

i agree this game is fun plus its easy to get acheivments!