UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Stewart Begging List

Reideen1313

Something I forgot to mention. Apparently they didn't have these the first few days of the con. Seems that FedEX had misplaced their package or didn't get there on time. The first half of the day was the DC mystery box and after 1pm was the Stewart Minimate. Not sure if it was the English accent or what, but it sounds like TBT was able to sweet talk alot better than me :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is super cool! Me and my brother have been collecting minimates for 3 years. I dressed up as John Stewart two halloweens ago and I have been a big green lantern fan as long as I can remember. My mom said we couldnt go to the comic convention until next year and then our uncle told us they were giving out free GREEN LANTERNS! We freaked out! I cant afford to buy one on ebay because I still owe my brother 4 dollars. and my mom 1 dollar. after that I will be flat broke.

Are we too late to be on the begging list?

my brother and i are huge justice league fans and it would be awesome if someone could give 1 for him and 1 for me.

signed

Eli & Briton

TBT you are great to do all of this. I know I was late on the list and I understand whatever works out.

random thought: Do any of you watch the Video Podcast Geek Week? There was a guy last episode that made a full size custom Green Lantern (Hal) from a Captain Atom figure. It was amazing. Sorry, off subject, just all this GL talk got me thinking.

Stay cool and have a fun summer.

Vox

OK folks I'm planning on setting up shipping these over the weekend,

We are going to be short SO......

IF you are on "the List" and you havent PM'd your full postal address by Sat morning then I will move onto the next person on my list....

There's going to be enough for me to do to sort this out without having to chase people for details....

Sorry I know that sounds harsh but, It's going to take a while to sort as it is.

T.

OK folks I'm planning on setting up shipping these over the weekend,

We are going to be short SO......

IF you are on "the List" and you havent PM'd your full postal address by Sat morning then I will move onto the next person on my list....

There's going to be enough for me to do to sort this out without having to chase people for details....

Sorry I know that sounds harsh but, It's going to take a while to sort as it is.

T.

Hi TBT!

Sorry for the delayed response.

I have secured a John Stewart mate from ebay so please pass mine on to the next deserving soul. I think I was #10 on the original list.

Thank you for your generosity!

TB

ah damn

i threwup a beg and im not on the list

the list is fixed i tell ya fixed

lol

Sorry! That was the whole point of this thread - there were just too many individual requests scattered through the forums, so I tried to combine them all here. I must have missed yours.

OK Folks... I FINALLY got round to dropping 20+ padded envelopes off at the post office today... So most of you should have lil John Stewarts over the weekend.

There are a few more to ship and few will be shipping from other kinda souls that visited SDCC... and picked up spares that weren't pooled while they were here!

Sadly there werent quiet enough to go around ( I'd say 80% of the list were lucky though, so dont give up if we do this sort of thing again) but maybe we can get someone to rally round at WWC and pick up some more?

I would like to send out a HUGE thank you for helping me make this happen (it was definitely not a solo effort) to :

Nervous, Jattapake, Shanester, Storm1:08, SillyGooser and all the boys that helped swell the numbers by picking these up at SDCC.

Thanks to Reideen1313 for organising this thread.... I'm many things ( some good too) but not an organiser! :)

I'd also like to thank those who selflessly took themselves off the list when they found these from another source to let another member have a chance.... that 'tude is probably the main reason why this place is my online home... thanks guys... you know who you are :D

Also a HUGE thank you goes to DCD for giving these away and AA for vouching for me to DCD! :)

T.

Just remember, any JS/GL minis recieved from Timbo were kept safe inside his underwear as we walked the SDCC floors. Nevermind any sweaty discharge or odd odors, its all good!

I couldn't carry them because I was not wearing underwear and they kept falling out of my Darth Vader Speedo.

OK Folks... I FINALLY got round to dropping 20+ padded envelopes off at the post office today... So most of you should have lil John Stewarts over the weekend.

There are a few more to ship and few will be shipping from other kinda souls that visited SDCC... and picked up spares that weren't pooled while they were here!

Sadly there werent quiet enough to go around ( I'd say 80% of the list were lucky though, so dont give up if we do this sort of thing again) but maybe we can get someone to rally round at WWC and pick up some more?

I would like to send out a HUGE thank you for helping me make this happen (it was definitely not a solo effort) to :

Nervous, Jattapake, Shanester, Storm1:08, SillyGooser and all the boys that helped swell the numbers by picking these up at SDCC.

Thanks to Reideen1313 for organising this thread.... I'm many things ( some good too) but not an organiser! :)

I'd also like to thank those who selflessly took themselves off the list when they found these from another source to let another member have a chance.... that 'tude is probably the main reason why this place is my online home... thanks guys... you know who you are :D

Also a HUGE thank you goes to DCD for giving these away and AA for vouching for me to DCD! :)

T.

So Timbo did I get one?

B) :deathstroke:

Might want to keep the thread open and edit the list and title once everyone starts reporting in Reideen1313. That way the new list can start wherever TBT left off, just a suggestion though ;)

Exactly my point Ady, glad you caught what I was trying to say ;) No need to close the thread down and start a new list until we know what folks were able to score in Chicago :D Hopefully TBT and Shane took care of a majority of the list and folks who just found out can get a hook up from the folks who attended Chicago. Definately makes me look forward to the upcoming line :)

I got the one from TBT (thanks a bunch!) yesterday and am supposed to be getting one in a trade from someone on the board here. I was gonna open the one from TBT, and keep the other one sealed (which I normally don't do). Instead I'd like to donate the one that I am supposed to be getting in trade to a person on here who is unable to get one. First person to PM me gets it.