UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

John Stewart Begging List

Reideen1313

must you query everything? :P

A thousand times over in the thread it said "only take part if you knwo you can follow up"

For me, that's not even really the issue IMO Ady. If he'd said something like "I thought I could pull it off, I don't have the $ available that I thought I would, blah blah blah" and left it at that, I'd have been fine with him dropping out. (Thus the reason for back ups :D - Thanks guys) I understand that real life sometimes gets in the way of the best intentions.

When I got an email from him asking if he should still be expecting to get something from a Secret Santa, I knew that he'd only gotten involved in hopes of getting something for free. :angry:

That, IMO, is not the spirit of these forums or the reason we're doing the Secret Santa list. If that was the type of forum member I wanted to hang out with, I'd have continued to be an admin elsewhere.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was bailing out on the SS thing so horrible? I think he probably had a good reason for doing so. I'm not trying to cause trouble, or be overly rebellious, it's just that you seemed angry and I was curious as to why.

Alpheon,

The reason everyone's being 'harsh' is that It was made VERY clear that you shouldn't have signed up for S.S. if you weren't going to go through with it.

This coupled with him then asking for someone to send him free a free minimate after the list has been dead for 6 months is probably described as 'against the spirit' of the board.

Can I also why you have to question Everything that's posted?

i'm not trying to be mean or harsh here guys but come on, at least try some common sense.

T.

I was looking over the list (is it still the one on the first page of this post?), and would like to note that I received one from someone on the board already, so my name can be taken off the list.

As far as this list, I think it's pretty well done. We no longer have the ability to get John Stewart 'mates, since the conventions are all over.

This list = Dead, so dont worry about it. Aug 15 2006, 03:46 AM was the last post prior to yesturday...

As for the whole SS thing, it ties into what I've always said about thekindness on this board, yes we help each other out and do stuff, but bailing outta a SS then still expecting a present in return is wrong, as is then asking for a free Minimate.

The generosity on this board is one of its gretest assets, but when people take this piss they are come down upon, anyone that remembers Superkini knows what I mean.

Why was bailing out on the SS thing so horrible? I think he probably had a good reason for doing so. I'm not trying to cause trouble, or be overly rebellious, it's just that you seemed angry and I was curious as to why.

Can I also why you have to question Everything that's posted?

i'm not trying to be mean or harsh here guys but come on, at least try some common sense.

T.

No, no, you're absoulutely right, T. Seriously, I'm sorry, really. I query everything in real life, too, and I guess it translates to the boards. I didn't mean any offense, but I can see where it would get pretty annoying, me questioning everything. This was not meant at all as sarcastic, and I'll REALLY REALLY try to restrain my inquiring nature in the future. Thanks guys! :)

Just if anyone looks at this thread and see's the negative comment above it is very untrue. The staff and guys from the board are very generous and will do the utmost to help a fellow fan out, I mean I messaged a person from the board by accident for something else from someone else and that person sent me a box of minimates from the goodness of his own pocket. It's also the first pair of minimates I own and I will keep them.

I have since repaid that kindness :) as for the old saying goes, what goes around comes around.

The above comment couldn't be so wrong for this board, as the contests are fab and they're doing them for the fun of it and without any extra backing its all from there own pockets. They have nothing to gain from this at all but they're doing it because they want too. I'll stop now before I get into a major rant. *gets down of soapbox*

cheers,

Tk

EDIT: Just one more thing, thanks guys for having a cool forum :D

i quit cause i couldnt get him any thing he wanted sorry. im not going to be on the form as often now cause you guys have been jerks to everyone IMO!

see ya for good

PYRO T

Man, you couldn't be any more wrong. Find me ONE other forum where a member will send you something out of their pocket for the sole reason that they knew you wanted one. Speaking of which, thanks for the Sentry JL! That is what makes this board so great.

sorry i was just angry. i guess i didnt want to disappoint him im sorry to all i was over reacting. you arent jerks. i guess if we could dropp the topic that would be nice. im sorry i caused a commosion. i guess i didnt realize i should of got him something diferrent. sorry to all.

PYRO T.

sorry i was just angry. i guess i didnt want to disappoint him im sorry to all i was over reacting. you arent jerks. i guess if we could dropp the topic that would be nice. im sorry i caused a commosion. i guess i didnt realize i should of got him something diferrent. sorry to all.

PYRO T.

Ok. I do understand that you wouldn't want your person to be dissapointed just because you couldn't get a good gift, while others got what they wanted. But you're being watched :D .

But you're being watched :D .

We all are. All the time. By other board members. That's why people like minivenom, Deadpool, TBT!, AdyCarter, Shanester are thought to be so great. They ARE. We should all aspire to be the best person we can be, and if not that, try to be the best forum member. :)

By the way, those were just EXAMPLES. There are other great guys and gals here too! ;)

*runs nekid through thread*

Know what the difference between "naked" and "nekid" is?

"Naked" means you dont have any clothes on.

"Nekid" means you dont have any clothes on and you're up to something. :D

I'm sorry...I don't understand, AT ALL. Where did that come from? :blink::lol:

But you're being watched :D .

We all are. All the time. By other board members. That's why people like minivenom, Deadpool, TBT!, AdyCarter, Shanester are thought to be so great. They ARE. We should all aspire to be the best person we can be, and if not that, try to be the best forum member. :)

By the way, those were just EXAMPLES. There are other great guys and gals here too! ;)

I AM great, aren't I? :P TBT is right though, perhaps its closing time?