dj87 / bobafett's Customs Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks Wookie, I've got a few more on the way I'd completely forgotten about, must get them finished!

little update...

updated my Black Mask a little, to make him a big rougher road the edges.

2011-11-15145600.jpg

Green Lantern Sinestro

I've wanted to do an old school GL Sinestro for some time, but never got round to it. Now he is back in the green, I decided to give him the new look, so he isn't wearing the exact same costume as Hal, Abin and Tomar, etc. Wonderful chest decal from Luke, you guys know Luke, right?

2011-11-15145626.jpg

Cop and 'Sleezy Hedonist' Zombies

The spare MAX Zombie heads needed bodies, and I thought these guys looked quite fun. The spare biker head looks pretty decayed, so I figured he'd taken a little bite and slowly died from the injury (see wrist). The blood and crazed expression seemed to suggest the spare surgeon head was actually quite enjoying being a zombie... stuffing his face, not giving a damn who he hurts along the way... who else but a rich politician/millionaire industrialist/banker at a cocktail party guy.

2011-11-15145728.jpg

Mad Hatter

Because Batman always needs more villains. Penguin tophat and mini-feet, altered Doc Brown face, Gwen Stacy coat, Dollars guy pocket watch. The bowtie is just a piece of plastic cut to size.

2011-11-19141049.jpg

Animal Man

Finally finished him, delighted. Altered Booster helmet, with Biker Arnie jacket.

2011-11-19141156.jpg

cheers

Mad Hatter is terrific! Love it. I second the vote for chest details on Mr. Baker there, although I don't think it's super necessary. You might want to look at Luke's X-Man decal, which has less muscles then his regular template and might work well.

cheers for the feedback. I'm coming around to the idea... if he starts to bother me in real life, on the shelf, then I'll make the necessary amendments.

I've also taken a leaf out of Shamrock's book, and updated my OP into a fairly organised table of content. Just click on the name to bring up the picture. I also plan on going back and taking improved photos of all my old stuff, as well as posting update photos, etc.

if we don't get an official one along the way, Arcade is definitely someone who'd be welcome in my collection :thumbsup:

I didn't make an spare arms for Animal Man, but why not, eh? Usually I just paint the side of the torso block the same as the jacket, so no of the shirt shows through... like the original Blade mate. He might look a little silly with dirty great black bits on him.

for various reasons I'm on a real Batman kick at the moment (re-watching the old Animated Series, Arkham City, watching Year One and having re-read Hush and Ego), so here we go...

Selina Kyle

now Catwoman has always been v.cool, and essentially vital to Batman as a character, but I think it was Arkham City that pushed me over the edge with this one. Rachel Grey head, Iron Man/Fist hair, the body, etc. from Spirit Sand, flesh re-painted. She even managed got herself Isis from the cartoon.

2011-11-25134558.jpg

Jason Todd memorial & 1st stage of Batcave

so this is a complete copy of/homage to TENIME's memorial, and a lead in to my big project. I've got a C3 Batcave on the way, and decide I'd try and bring the whole thing up to par. Much like TEN, I plan on sticking this in the 'quick change' display case thing, though I also have the 'A Good Soldier' plaque in the works.

here are some very early stage photos of the project, I do plan on updating things every week or so. The board below will connect directly on to the C3 cave's base-plate. Even at this stage, I'm hoping some things are starting to look familiar...

2011-11-25134643.jpg

2011-11-25134842.jpg

2011-11-25134859.jpg

oh wow, thanks hp. Some lovely stuff there... now I'm getting ahead of myself and wanting a fortress for Supes. I'm sure I'll definitely find a use for a few of his bits. I do already have a multiverser working on a coin and card for me.

I did indeed! I used X-Factor Iceman, and just removed the mouth (and eyes, as much as possible... originally leaving them as a template for the mask). I liked the other lines on him, makes him look like a glass mannequin

• 3 weeks later...

just one more for now...

Hush

altered Gambit coat, with the M.Bison waistpiece

Oh, I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me where the guns are from (the best minimate handguns to date, I think)

2011-12-14125655.jpg

Edited by dj87