UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dj87 / bobafett's Customs Thread

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks folks, it certainly brings a big smile to my face knowing people like what I've been doing.

... and I'm sure I can sort a Cap punch pic.

Gambit - its a Sharon Valeri face from BSG, with Emo Spidey SM3 hair (fringe trimmed and painted).

couple of new ones...

Rhino

Once again, an official one can't be far off. Old Rhino + new Hulk =

2011-09-27171349.jpg

Mr. Zsasz

Heroes box set Wolverine face, Danger Room Wolverine arms and torso (with hair removed). I think the lower half is from the Eva Mendez Spirit lady. Eddie Brock hair. I double-checked, and he is my 19th Batman villain. I'm not sure who to make for the big two zero.

2011-09-23165335.jpg

Cyber

Despite not knowing him from the comics, I had some old X-Men cards from the 90s, and always thought he looked quite cool. This is a complete rip off of Punisher and Mattalica's versions. I threw him together as it was very easy, and you can never had too many X-Villains.

2011-09-27171500.jpg

bit of a DC update...

Amazo

not his dull animated redesign, but his ridiculous classic look. TrU Namor head and hair, Lady Deathstrike chestpiece. Hawkman mace and Wonder Woman lasso.

2011-10-14101441.jpg

Aqualad

again, the proper classic version. Based on a custom Luke did some time ago. Blue Beetle head, Beyonder hair.

2011-10-14101541.jpg

Copperhead

big thanks to lastmaximal for pointing me in the right direction, getting hold of the same headpiece he used for his. Its a GI Joe Serpentor, and fits perfectly, love it. I tried to model the chest detail on the DC Universe figure.

2011-10-14101622.jpg

Captain Boomerang

this time its a modern look. Workout Rocky hat, Guy Gardner face, Spirit tie.

2011-10-14101747.jpg

Scarface & the Ventriloquist

I wanted to do something a little special for my 20th Batman villain, and after a little thought I decided to sculpt a Scarface from scratch. I've very little experience with sculpting stuff, but I'm very proud of how he turned out. The Ventriloquist has an altered Blonsky face and Venkman hair, and the body is from Mk.I Tuxedo Stark. The Tommy Gun is from BrickArms/Link.

2011-10-14101823.jpg

2011-10-14101910.jpg

Mongul

just a standard 2.5" mate, with one of those X-Force ankle pieces on his chest. His belt is from Bane.

2011-10-14101942.jpg

cheers for popping by xxx

• 2 weeks later...

just a quickie today...

Reverse Flash - Prof Zoom / Zoom

I complained when DCD Flash came out, as Wally's costume seemed to be an amalgam of various versions he had worn. In the end I just turned him into Barry, and used the C3 version. After finishing this guy, I realised I'd been a huge hypocrite, having created something between both the Thawne and Zoloman incarnations. I prefer to think of him as Thawne though, as Barry is the proper Flash after all.

Just a repainted Flash, with alt BD Superman head.

2011-11-01143553.jpg

Abin Sur

Repainted Red Tornado face, with an altered John Stewart body. He looks a little shiny in the photo, though I assure you he isn't... I was trying out some new lighting 'techniques', now we are getting so little sun.

2011-11-01143700.jpg

Edited by dj87