UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dj87 / bobafett's Customs Thread

just a quickie before I head to bed...

Atom Smasher

had him done a while, just forgotten to get some photos. Straight repaint of a 3".

DSC00586.jpg

Hank Pym

was never really happy with my old one, made from a BSG jumpsuit, this look was very much inspired by the new Avengers cartoon, while Hank was working on The Big House. Just the box set Hank parts, with a lad coat and rolled up sleeve pieces... copied TENIME's Hank and gave him the WWII Cap hairpiece... a piece I hope we see used more often in future.

DSC00588.jpg

Baron Von Strucker

now, this was copied from a custom I saw on here a long time ago, but after a lot of research I can't find it again at all. If this looks like your work... step forward and I'll e-pat you on the back. Penguin head, Iron Man gauntlet, modified Blackhawk body. Oh, and he got a Hydra armband... I defy anyone to paint a Hydra logo at that scale.

DSC00589.jpg

and his equally well dressed counterpart refused to be left out...

DSC00590.jpg

... before anyone says anything, its cool... I'm Jewish.

and a couple o' designs

Aqualad

scan0001-2.jpg

and my big project at the moment

Twin Snakes

scan0002-3.jpg

I'm making these two as we 'speak', and have got quite a few other designs on the go, I'm planning something resembling a wave per game, but shall certainly be relying on artistic license for this lot.

EDIT - oh yeah, I did this as well

Chemo - Mighty Mugg

scan0003-3.jpg

cheers for looking as always

Edited by bobafett

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im lovin the snakes -i might have to give them a try :)

• 1 month later...

big of a big update here...

Captain Cold

I'd finished him a few weeks before Christmas, but was away so didn't get the time to post any pictures. This is based of Mystery Man's great recipe posted in the TrU FF wave, using Mole Man and Doom as the base. While the glasses were perfect, I didn't like MM's expression, so opted to paint the shades over 24 Tony's face. The belt w/holster are from a Kree Soldier.

DSC00636.jpg

Prof. X

I've had the body waiting for a while... series 37 turned up on my doorstep this week, so I can finally post this picture. The white specks on his torso are just the glare of the light, the mate is clean.

DSC00638.jpg

now, I've been working on Metal Gear Solid characters for the last few weeks, and got all these guys done in seemingly no time at all... I've rather pleased with how the project all came together.

Solid Snake

Alt. Walter Peck head, Ryu hair. Holster and chest piece from Norman Osborn.

DSC00639.jpg

Liquid Snake

Invaders Cap head, Cap Britain hair, with an old style trench coat (both hair and coat cut down a little to fit one another)

DSC00640.jpg

Otacon

This is just the lab coat Baltar, with the coat replaced with a newer piece

DSC00643.jpg

Grey Fox

Mostly made from a stripped down Nova minimate, with Lady Loki gauntlet pieces... with Blade's sword.

DSC00644.jpg

Meryl

Betty Ross face, Pheonix hair, altered asylum Sarah Connor torso. I realise this is sort of a reverse of her actual in-game outfit, but seems a lot more visually appealing, and I'd always intended to allow myself artistic license with this seris.

DSC00645.jpg

Colonel Campbell

Hawkman hair, BSG's Cabal head, and TrU Rhodey's body.

DSC00652.jpg

Revolver Ocelot

I couldn't have done this one without BHM's wonderful generosity, selling me a Dollars box set at an extremely generous price of Xmas... God bless you sir. Man in Black mate, with a repainted coat, tie and gloves. He also got an X-Force Domino hairpiece.

DSC00656.jpg

Psycho Mantis

now, this one was always going to be quite difficult, but I settled on altering a gas mask piece from the MAX law enforcement mates, with altered X-Force Wolverine chest and Black Queen arms.

DSC00657.jpg

Decoy Octopus

Despite never appearing as himself in the game, Decoy is supposed to look like this, based on official artwork. Repainted receding hair from 24, removed the eyebrows from WotP Venkman, Arnie chest, BttF Doc Brown gloves, and a GB ready to believe crotch and legs.

DSC00659.jpg

Sniper Wolf

Black Widow face, Admiral Cain hair, with extended shirt/jacket piece. Rifle from BrickArms.

DSC00660.jpg

while I'm still working on Vulcan Raven, and waiting on his Minigun... I moved on to MGS 2

Raiden

A Stark movie hairpiece, Chief Tyrol face, and cuff pieces from 90s Cyclops

DSC00662.jpg

Vamp

He doesn't look anywhere near as blotchy in real life, so I'm rather disappointed by this photo. Opted for his MGS4 look, which simply feels like a graphics update rather than a real redesign. Mandarin head, X-23 hair, movie Wolverine torso, Spidey Friends of Foes wrist piece, Anti Venom claw hands, Whiplash's lower body, with Terminator Exoskeleton feet.

DSC00663.jpg

Solidus Snake

Chestpiece from the Kubrick, with edited Cable head, hair and boot pieces.

DSC00665.jpg

thanks for looking, I do hope you enjoy!

that is one bitchen collection - I realy want to see a group shot if it aint to much trouble.I cant believe how well peck's face works for solid snake

thank you guys

I did take a groupd shot, with the characters sorted into factions, but the really poor lighting didn't seem to do them justice, I'll try again during the day tomorrow.

Yeah, all the way though I kept thinking he was a ridiculous choice for Snake... Snake is the man, Peck doesn't even have a... well, y'know. But somehow, the face really suits him, the awkward stubble, blue eyes and aged lines beneath them... you could say a pretty big gamble paid off.

I find that it is difficult to find new superlatives about members' customs & I sometimes feel that by making comments about one guy's work might make somebody else think "what's wrong with mine" ......the answer would be "nothing you're all great !" ;) Having said that .....I particularly like bobafett's simplistic approach to customs although I'm sure that they often aren't simple to create,therein lies the beauty. The MGS guys are absolutely spot on & would in many ways knock spots off my kubricks which in turn are amongst my favourite block figures of all.

• 4 weeks later...

just a few odd things I've found time to photograph...

a new Metal Gear mate, the last member of FOXHOUND

Vulcan Raven

completely repainted mate, with big chest and crotch pieces, as well as Rocky boots. Raven only ended up being last as I didn't know what to do about his weapon, and was lucky enough to get a couple of the T2 miniguns from TENIME... thank you my good man. His ammo 'barrel' is from a Spider-Man mega bloks set.

DSC00803.jpgDSC00804.jpg

Silver Age Professor X

I wasn't going to be using the body from the 90s Charles, so gave it a quick repaint, to go with the 1st appearance X-Men.

DSC00809.jpg

Toad

I designed him a while back, but rarely get around to making Marvel customs, as lovely people at DST do that for me. That said, I really like now Psyguy's brotherhood turned out, and all I had to do here is repaint the pixie boots. Was considering making the lillypap neck piece, but I can't help but think an official Toad MUST be on the way soon.

DSC00810.jpg

Magneto

Just a little repaint of the cape and helmet from Dark Mags, and gave them to the Villains box set one. While the box set version is still my favourite released Magneto, the new pieces do make him somewhat more imposing.

He isn't quite finished and needs another coat, but wanted to post him with the other X-characters.

DSC00812.jpg

Cyclops

Copied from Brad Redfield's wonderful custom, with a quick repaint of the old helmet so the blues match. The belt is just a stand in until I can give him the one from Danger Room Wolverine.

DSC00813.jpg

Thank you very much for popping by, I'll finish up with a quick look at my 'WIP Bench'...

DSC00814.jpg

• 1 month later...

thank you gentlemen

my spare time has been limited as of late, but I've managed to get a few quickies done over the weekend.

Jimmy Olsen

have wanted to get him done since seeing TENIME's way back when, then he moved right up the list having seen dr.baghead's mind-blowing team photos. SM3 Peter face, Wally West hair, torso modified Pet Shop Adrian, with Kyle Reese feet.

DSC00846.jpg

Avalanche

based on a design I did ages ago, modified Apocalypse chest piece, with cut down 1st app Beast mask. Juggernaut gauntlets and X-Force ankle pieces.

DSC00845.jpg

Kang the Conqueror

Didn't really know the character until the new Avengers cartoon, but yeah, he's cool. Titanium Man helmet, AoA neck piece. The arm pieces are from one of the many recent Iron Man mates, and the boot pieces from Cable (though loads of mates have them at the moment). I think the face turned out a little wonky, but its alright... I'm sure an official one isn't 'too' far off.

DSC00844.jpg

I've noticed my recent mates all seemed to have a weird shine on them. This, I'd imagine is the flash against the purity seal... and isn't visible at all in person. Anyway, I do hope you all like.

finally someone used titaniummans helment for kang! thats what ive wanted to do for ages :D

avalanche looks great to and i think im gonna have to steal your captain cold recipe

cheers robo... someone else on here suggested it some time ago, it made well have been you, kudos if so!

that Captain Cold is Mystery Man's recipe... go tell him you like!

thank you fellas

think I'm going to re-take a load of my pictures if I get a chance tomorrow, during daylight... the flash is somewhat deceptive, Kang's face is much more royal blue for a start.

Animated Morph

been watching the old animated series for the second time in the last few months, and decided I had to make this guy for simplicity's sake. Stark movie hair, Captain Pike face, 'Mob Thung'/LBJ jacket n' arms... and a big thanks to Danny for supplying me with the vital ingredient, 'Heroes' Wolverine.

DSC00847.jpg

that is just the flash... he doesn't have a big whole in his mouth, honest.