• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Comic Odin

well... when you quickly whip something up like this, you don't expect 4-5billion other Odins to turn up before you get around to posting it. I can promise I made up this fellow before I'd seen the others, so I'm pleased to see the similarities, as well as the differences... one of the best bits of the customising game, right? The bastard and the Mysterious Man went for blue Odins, with gold arms, while most the reference pics I used showed gold with shiney blue limbs, so I went with the movie armour, and Dreadnought appendages (kudos to Banners). Gave him 1st app Doom boots to balance him out a bit.

2012-01-08135358.jpg

Kurt Conners

MAX Cop head and 1st App Beast hair (isn't perfect, will do), Lizard parts and generic lab coat. Took a scalpel to his poor arm.

2012-01-08135517.jpg

Vandal Savage

Titanium Man head, New Goblin hair (I think), with repainted M.Bison body and skirt piece.

2012-01-08135557.jpg

Firestorm

Luke's old recipe from way back when... trimmed first Iron Man movie helmet, with a Human Torch headpiece (also trimmed to fit). Shoulder bits from TrU Namor.

2012-01-08135648.jpg

I must apologise for the poor quality of the pictures, I do not know what happened there.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for the kind words, fellas

couple of new Metal Gear Solid mates...

Olga

fairly big player from MGS2, features in both storylines. Iron Fist hair, Starbuck face, and altered Sarah Conner torso

2012-01-26115100.jpg

Big Boss

had to be done, really. Went with the end of MGS4 look, as it pretty much ties in with his look in the old Metal Gear games. Altered Odin face, pretty sure the hair was the same one that came with Coulson and a few others. XO:W Sabertooth coat. Torso from a ready to believe GB.

2012-01-26115152.jpg

so, here is a big group shot...

2012-01-26120258.jpg

Unfortunately, it now looks like I'm going to have to sell these guys, so do expect them up on eBay in the next few days. I'm not particularly pleased about it, but money is rather tight at the moment, and I'm ever so slowly running out of things to offload. I'm also short on space right now, and would love for the MGS guys to end up somewhere a little more dignified than a box under my bed.

thanks for popping by

Edited by dj87

• 2 weeks later...

just pictures for now, I'm knackered. Will post recipes, etc tomorrow.

Leon Kennedy

Chris, Jill & now Rick deserved a little help with all those blasted zombies. Movie Cap face, Dante hair. LBJ jacket and movie Deadpool bottom half.

2012-02-07144301.jpg

Deacon Frost

Not sure how well they're generally received, but I for one very much enjoyed the (first two) Blade film, and because I had the spare parts, whipped up a non-Dorff version. Jacket and arms from GB Dana, Venkman hair and altered movie Iron Man head. I do have an alternate Dorff look... Dante head, Jigsaw hair.

2012-02-07144157.jpg

Skurge

Like any Marvel like I make, his is nice and simple, especially as we're bound to see a 2-pack with Enchantress this year... right? X3 Juggernaut boots, Rachel Grey skirt, Ares axe, Thor movie wrist pieces, CEO Stark face (I think).

2012-02-07144348.jpg

2012-02-07144527.jpg

Donald Blake

I'm sure we've all made one of these by now. 1st app Thor face, Ult WW2 Cap hair. Easy.

2012-02-07144653.jpg

WW2 Captain America

movie Frontline Cap was a lovely figure, as was the jacket Cap (somewhat surprisingly). Basically, the beautiful wave 42 Cap with the Frontline jacket and helmet.

2012-02-07144814.jpg

Edited by dj87

Donald Blake

I'm sure we've all made one of these by now.

Or we will soon. ;)

Luv the Deacon Frost. He wasn't on my list... but he is now.

• 3 months later...

quick update, been a while since I've taken any photos. I recently bought myself the Galaxy Note, and now taking and uploading photos is a doddle, I have no excuses.

Pyro

As with most my Marvel stuff, quick and simple. He has a backpack, modified from an old 'Military Muscle Men' flamethrower (did anyone else used to have those?)

20120528_134840.jpg

Falcone

Best thing about Batman is his colourful array on lunatic villains, right? So here is a man in a suit.

20120528_134919.jpg

John McClane

I watched the Expendables when the mates were announced, and it made me sad to see what all those old action guys were doing with themselves now. I wanted a proper Bruce Willis to go with Rocky Stallone and T-800 Arnie... so I basically copied TENIME's custom.

20120528_134951.jpg

Perry White

Basically cobbled together from GB Mayor and w43 parts. Newspaper editors and vest, huh?

20120528_135023.jpg

Hammerhead

New Jonah body, old Jonah head (repainted hair and removed 'tache).

20120528_135059.jpg

Flash Thompson

May well stick the TTA head on this guy, though I think he looks pretty good... more high school bully than crippled soldier.

20120528_135125.jpg

Dante

Made a couple of small cuts along his back to make the strap and actual strap, so he can hold both guns at once.

P1010226.jpg

Zombies

Because you can never have too many zombies, and we can't make things too easy for the likes of Rick Grimes and Chris Redfield. I actually started putting these together before I looked at the Walking Dead mates, then realised I'd made a one armed female zombie, with her skirt ripped... spooky. I copied Dinobot, turning the chef into a zombie, whilst the Army guy is a little tribute to Sam Witwer (BSG, Smallville, Vader's Apprentice, etc)... he was the zombie in the tank in the Walking Dead.

20120528_135302.jpg

Recipes are all pretty straight forward, though feel free to ask. Cheers.

Great batch of work love the chef zombie and your Flash Thompson!!

Edited by eclipse

• 11 months later...

Elgallo made one of these and made the good point about there not being many based on his appearance in the first MGS, so we'll have to put this down to good/bad timing.

Some of you will know I made a whole load of MGS mates some time ago, but had to move them on for funds while I was out of work. I'd always intended to (at very least) make myself a proper Snake again, so whipped this up a couple of weeks ago.

Hair from Ryu, Ghostbusters 2 base and elbow pads, altered knee pads from MAX military guy and head and chestpiece from Amazing Spider-Man SWAT guy.

20130523_142007.jpg

Elgallo made one of these and made the good point about there not being many based on his appearance in the first MGS, so we'll have to put this down to good/bad timing.

Some of you will know I made a whole load of MGS mates some time ago, but had to move them on for funds while I was out of work. I'd always intended to (at very least) make myself a proper Snake again, so whipped this up a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the name drop! thumbsup.gif I loved your work on the MGS mates, they were all so accurate. I hope the whole set is still together wherever they may be. And your new snake looks great too, I especially like the GB2 base and SWAT guy Face.

• 2 weeks later...