dj87 / bobafett's Customs Thread

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the kind words all, and i'm v.pleased to see you're a fellow RR Tim fan TTF... its been a great read so far, one of the few comics i'm still picking up at the moment.

as for recipes, etc.... i'm just delighted to have inspired so many customizers that have influenced me over the last couple of years, cheers, and of course these are open for copying/borrowing. There is no bigger compliment someone could pay.

• 2 weeks later...

another little update, mainly designs and a few quick n' easy things...

Parallax

Proper, good ol' fashioned Parallax... before the days of a giant yellow insect! Modified Hal head, with Mr Fantastic hair... would quite like to update it with the TrU Reed hair. M.Bison cape.

DSC00440.jpg

Maria Hill & Black Widow

couple of quick customs I borrowed from youbastards

DSC00442.jpg

Juggernaut

I'm sure we'll get an official beefed-up version... no doubt before we get any other important X-villains as well. Powerhouse

chest and Guy Gardner boots.

DSC00443.jpg

size comparison with a thrown together comic civilian Logan...

DSC00444.jpg

Vic Sage Question

spirit hat, Montoya Question coat

DSC00445.jpg

Wonder Man

now... I don't think this is comic accurate, as the new Romita Jr drawn Avengers is the only thing i've read with him in. Quite frankly... I don't mind, the old head was bad, and i'm not sure about a superhero in a red safari jacket. Head and legs from new, arms torso n' belt from old.

DSC00446.jpg

Steve Rogers

I've got a bit of a thing for civilian versions of heroes, and have made a few recently... they look pretty cool for mission briefings, etc. I'm pretty sure Steve was the last of the 'main' Marvel guys for me to do... at least the vaguely visually appealing ones. Invaders Cap head/hair, Spec Ops Wolverine legs, with 90s Cyclops torso.

DSC00447.jpg

Here are some more of my designs, some new, some i've just found again... and some are re-done or re-designed-designs... or something

Riddler & Jim Gordon

scan0002.jpg

Parallax & Sodom Yat

scan0003.jpg

Beast Boy & Dr Light

scan0007.jpg

Darkseid & Livewire

scan0009.jpg

Scarecrow & Hugo Strange

scan0011.jpg

Vandal Savage & Hector Hammond

scan0012.jpg

Captain Cold & Mirror Master

scan0013.jpg

Trickster & Reverse Flash

scan0014.jpg

Arisia & Natu

scan0016.jpg

Boodikka & Manhunter

scan0017.jpg

Huntress

scan0018.jpg

now, I've always said I wouldn't do another proper Marvel custom until the line ends, but I'm getting pretty

impatient Brotherhood-wise.

Avalanche & Pyro

scan0020.jpg

Toad & Mastermind

scan0021.jpg

Anti-Monitor (Mighty Mugg)

scan0023.jpg

as our good friend mabait would say... TFL bro! B)

here is the template, I original got one from the multiverse ages ago, but I've made it larger, lighter (as to not interfere with the design itself) and stuck two together

hope it helps anyone interested

scan0024.jpg

Wow, I had a similar idea for the Parallax cape -- it's great to see it painted up! That Juggernaut is awesome work btw.

And holy cow, you've got good ideas for parts. I *knew* that Titanium Man face could be used for someone else!

Edited by lastmaximal

cheers lastmaximal, appreciate the comments. I still haven't really got into sculpting stuff, and don't use decals at all, so if an part already exists or there's a face that is at least passable, I'll use it. I figure, DST re-use parts all the time, so doing so with customs means they'll fit in with a collection display even more so than a whole load of fresh unique sculpted parts, etc.

there is a huge array of already existing parts, and many kudos to the Database, I've spent many an hour searching for the head or hairpiece that's 'just right'

• 2 months later...

ok, so I've got a load more designs I've sorted, not many actual mates... and those I have done are some of the most boring mates around.

lets start with designs...

Atom & Atom Smasher

scan0001.jpg

Animal Man & Donna Troy

scan0002-1.jpg

Nurse Joker & Black Mask

scan0003-1.jpg

Black Canary & Huntress

scan0004.jpg

Hush & Black Lightning

scan0005.jpg

Orion & Mister Miracle

scan0006.jpg

Captain Boomerang & Black Flash

scan0007-1.jpg

Mera & Amazo

scan0008.jpg

Abin Sur & Mongul

scan0010.jpg

Psycho Pirate & Alexander Luthor

scan0011-1.jpg

Galius Zed & T-Cher

scan0012-1.jpg

Ursa & Non

scan0013-1.jpg

Barry Allen & J'onn J'onzz (as John Jones)

scan0014-1.jpg

Sandman

scan0015.jpg

Hannu & Carol Ferris

scan0016-1.jpg

I'll stick my mates up in a minute

Mastermind (as Jason Wyngarde)

Very much copied/inspired by youbastards's Mastermind. BSG Cavil coat... I opted for the Wyngarde 'look', and altered a movie Wolverine head/hair combo.

DSC00539.jpg

Donna Troy

Started with a BSG D'Anna mate, with a choker piece, and SA Jean hairpiece.

DSC00544.jpg

Bruce Wayne

My other Bruce always seemed a little too James Bond for my liking, repainted the jacket and swapped his head and hair for the Neil Adams version.

DSC00547.jpg

Black Mask

Simple repaint of a suit piece, and quick bit of dark grey over a Ghost Rider head... because, of course... Black Mask's mask is grey.

DSC00549.jpg

Ursa

So, I'd made Zod a while back, these two were obvious choices. Lady Loki head, repainted Rachel Grey hair.

DSC00552.jpg

Non

Altered movie Logan head, GB mayor hair.

DSC00553.jpg

Carol Ferris

Clark got Lois, and as she's a supervillain/hero in her own right, it seemed appropriate (plus it was very easy!). Her own face, 24 Michelle body, with repainted SM3 Mary Jane hair.

DSC00555.jpg

thanks very much for looking once more

• 1 month later...

cheers champs

here's a little update...

now, it does say so on the actual design sheets, but just in case anyone can't see the writing, the Copperhead and Firestorm are heavily based on customs by lastmaximal and Luke respectively, credit where credit is due... kudos to you fine gentlemen.

Mr Terrific & Copperhead

scan0003-2.jpg

Firestorm & Doctor Mid-Nite

scan0001-1.jpg

The Metal Men

scan0005-1.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

scan0006-1.jpg

Mister Sinister

scan0002-2.jpg

and some actual mates...

Mera

mainly Lady Loki parts, with repainted Aquaman fin feet, Betty Ross face with X3 Jean hair.

DSC00564.jpg

Sodam Yat

altered X-Force Wolverine face, with a Ult. Cap hairpiece, trimmed right up to ear level.

DSC00577.jpg

Doctor Mid-Nite

I recently bought a few DC mates from AdyCarter, and the wonderful fellow threw in a whole load of extra mates for free. It was a wonderful gesture, and needless to say I was somewhat speechless, as there were some fantastic and hard to come by mates in that lot. This mate was almost entirely made from mates Ady gave me, so this custom is officially dedicated to him... if you're out there, God bless you sir.

Altered Blue Beetle mask, googles trimmed down. Aquaman head, Spectre cape, torso and tabbard from Robin (with 'R' removed). All I supplied were some repainted SA X-Men gloves n' boots.

DSC00567.jpg

Trickster

A lot of fun to make, Robin head, hair from one of those factory reject Kingpins, Red Tornado cape and pixie boots.

DSC00569.jpg

T-Cher

ah yes, we all remember when DCD announced their mates were no more... I for one, was angry, sad... scared and confused. But what about all those missed opportunities?! JSA? Titans? the vast array of missing villains for *insert any DC hero here*? But if I remember correctly, the MMMV cried out as one voice... 'but what about T-Cher?!'

yes... T-Cher, everyone's favourite Green Lantern, he is finally here in mate form. Now, I know nothing about T-Cher, other than the 3-4 line bio on the DC site, but I thought he looked a bit different, and was ridiculously easy to make. Neo Classic IM shoulder pieces, and SA Cyclops mask.

DSC00568.jpg

some quick Marvel mods...

Doom gets the bit sexy boots from his 1st appearance counterpart (copied from SouthFLGuy), Loki got a bit of a repaint, and the waist/skirt piece from his, uh... other, self (influenced by Brad Redfield's mod). I also gave him Frodo's sword, Sting, it certainly seemed to suit him. Domino got new hair (cheers TENIME) and a few more weapons, while Spider-Woman got underarm webbing from Namor.

DSC00571.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

phew... well, that me. Hope you like, let me know what you think. Cheers for looking, I'll just leave you with this lovely picture I took of all my Green Lanterns. Unfortunately, I couldn't find Sodam when I took it, so will have to get that updated in the next couple o' days.

DSC00574.jpg