• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gears of War?

A few four-packs

Fenix, Dom, Grenadier, Theron Gaurd

Cole, Baird, Jack, Kantus

Some two packs, etc. yea? I'll expand this later.

Okay, so i'm hellbent on getting a certain series of movies that is DOMINATING my attention right now; somehow they've very quickly became my favorites. What am i talking about?? That'd be:

NATIONAL TREASURE:

National Treasure 1 Box Set:

Ben Gates

Riley Poole

Dr. Abigail Chase

Ian Howe

Accessories:

Declaration of Independence (with Ottendorf Cypher on back)

Meerschaum pipe

Ben Franklin's Bifocals

Pistol

Set of Torches

PX 2-pack:

Patrick Gates

Special Agent Peter Sadusky

Accessories:

Chair (with extra chesptiece attached to it by "duct tape")

Glass case with "Silence Dogood" Letters

Pistol

National Treasure 2 Box Set:

Ben Gates

Riley Poole

Dr. Emily Appleton

Mitch Wilkinson

Accessories:

RC Helicopter

Remote Control for Helicopter

Gold Barrel-idol

The President's Secret Book

Cibola Plank

Sacrificial Knife

Pistol

PX 2-pack:

John Wilkes Booth

The President

Accessories:

Open Booth-diary

Booth's pistol

Extra hairpiece

Map of Mount Vernon

Flashlight

I loved the series, and still do. Would the minimates be visual distinct?? not really...but if DST timed it right, as for when #3 hits theaters, and made it mass-retail, it may have a shot...i know i'd buy 12...of each...:blush:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

There's a National Treasure 3? :blink:

Wow TTF, looks like you've literally got everything from the first two movies covered, though I think Riley would need his ever-indispensable laptop too...

Aside from the gurney from 24, think we'll EVER see more official mate-scale "furniture" from DST?

-------------

To continue in the "Movies we'll get Minimates of when Hell freezes over" line of thought...

Across the Universe wave

Jude (with sketchpad or art stuff)/Lucy

Sadie (with microphone)/Jojo (with guitar)

Max (probably in his

morphine-high war veteran

look)/the nurse Salma Hayek plays in the movie (also doubles as the "army-builder" of the wave... if you've watched the "Happiness Is A Warm Gun" scene you'll understand)

variant: Prudence (maybe in her

circus

look to keep her interesting-looking... wait, scratch that, make it her cheerleader look from the "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" scene)

The beauty in this wave is that Sadie and Jojo from the movie were intentionally modeled after Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix... so it's *almost* like getting minimates of them too :D

Possible PX exclusive: Jude in some other look from the film (maybe his "Liverpool" look), packed with Bono from the "I Am The Walrus" sequence

Has anybody suggested Yellow Submarine yet?

Edited by NorthRaider

My Movie based minimate sets I would like to see:

1) Goonies (Mikey & Mouth, Andy & Brand, Chunk & Sloth, Stef & Data, One-eyed Willie & Mama Fratelli, Jake & Francis Fratelli)

2) Raiders of the Lost Ark (Indy & Sallah, Brody & Belloq, Marion & Satipo)

3) Explorers (Ben Crandall & Lori, Wolfgang & Steve, Wak & Neek)

4) Blade Runner (Rick & Rachael, Roy & Pris, Gaff & Bryant, Hannibal & Zhora, JF Sebastian & Dr. Tyrell)

5) Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Mike & Debbie, Dave and Mooney, Paul & Rich Terenzi, a box set of about 8 klowns from the movie and maybe even a Klownzilla.)

6) The Last Starfighter (Alex & Maggie, Centauri & Grig, Louis & Beta Alex, Rylan Bursar & Rylan Officer, Xur & Kodan Officer)

7) The Muppet Movie (Kermit & Piggy, Fozzi & Rowlf, Gonzo & Camilla, Waldorf & Statler, Sam the Eagle & Scooter, Dr. Honeydew & Beaker, Floyd Pepper & Janice, Dr Teeth & Animal, Marvin Suggs & Swedish Chef)

8) Tron (Flynn & Clu, Bradley & Tron, Dillinger & Master Control Program, Lora & Yori, Crom & Ram, Sark & Dumont)

• 7 months later...

Here are my favorite movie minimates

*Tony Stark/Iron Man (battle damage)

*Peter Venkman (Slimed)

*Slimer

*Ray Stantz (Gooey)

The T.V. and Movie Minimates I want to see

*The Rookie ( Ghostbusters: Video Game)

*Ivo Shandor (original form)

*The Real Ghostbusters

*George Lopez :)

I really want some Akira Kurosawa Minimates, any of his films would be a good boxed set (except Seven Samurai and Ran those need to be several boxed sets). They'd add alot of variety to the line even if you'd use the same faces for alot of the characters (there would be like 8 Toshiro Mifune minimates) and if Art Asylum could make alot of money if they know how to market them to hipsters and film buffs.

Also the Universal line has made me realize that they need to PULL THE STRINGS!!! and make some Ed Wood minimates. You could do a Glen or Glenda two pack and do boxed sets for everything else. I want my shelf to be choked with Tor Johnson and Bela Lugosi minimates.

Second! I've only played about 1/3 of the game but I really like the Rookie (even though he never speaks etc.). Be a great addition in my eyes.

Other than that, I'm not sure at the moment. I like the T-1000 but I thnk they've covered all the major forms (though I wouldn't say no to more arm blades ;) ).

• 1 month later...

Movie-based Minimates I wish for:

Midnight Run

Jack Walsh/Jonathan Mardukas

Marvin Dorfler/Jimmy Serrano

Alonzo Mosely/generic FBI agent (hey, it would make a good army builder!)

Eddie Moscone/Jerry Geisler

Tony Darvo/Joey

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

Second! I've only played about 1/3 of the game but I really like the Rookie (even though he never speaks etc.). Be a great addition in my eyes.

Other than that, I'm not sure at the moment. I like the T-1000 but I thnk they've covered all the major forms (though I wouldn't say no to more arm blades ;) ).

as long he has the "super-pack" from the game with the slime tube etc!

Pan's Labyrinth

The Fawn

Pale Man

Toad with slime acessory

A faerie

The captain

You need Ofelia though! That's like having a Wizard of Oz set and leaving out Dorthy (not the most visually striking or interesting sure, but she holds the movie together!)

I would want it like this:

4-Pack:

-Ofelia (with 'pet' mandrake root 'brother' and hand-holding-chalk accessory)

-the Faun (with 3 'pet' faeries, his circular case, key, and 'doug jones expressive hand poses' hand accessories)

-The Pale Man (with "open hands" and a set of normal hands with "eyes on plate" accessory

-the Frog (built like a TerrorDog!)

companion 2-Pack:

-Captain Vidal (with either two heads or a reversible head for end of movie spoiler purposes. also a wine bottle to horrify everyone)

-Mercedes (with knives)

... and of course we'd need Hellboy 2 minimates to go with them

Pan's Labyrinth

The Fawn

Pale Man

Toad with slime acessory

A faerie

The captain

You need Ofelia though! That's like having a Wizard of Oz set and leaving out Dorthy (not the most visually striking or interesting sure, but she holds the movie together!)

I would want it like this:

4-Pack:

-Ofelia (with 'pet' mandrake root 'brother' and hand-holding-chalk accessory)

-the Faun (with 3 'pet' faeries, his circular case, key, and 'doug jones expressive hand poses' hand accessories)

-The Pale Man (with "open hands" and a set of normal hands with "eyes on plate" accessory

-the Frog (built like a TerrorDog!)

companion 2-Pack:

-Captain Vidal (with either two heads or a reversible head for end of movie spoiler purposes. also a wine bottle to horrify everyone)

-Mercedes (with knives)

... and of course we'd need Hellboy 2 minimates to go with them

I couldn't figure out where to fit her in, but yeah ideally I'd want her and a knight wielding Mercedes too. lol

• 4 weeks later...
harry potter series

Harry/he who must not be named

Ron/Hermoine

Draco Malfoy/normal wizard

draco malfoy`s dad with death eater mask/normal wizard

Normal Wizard? No no no my friend, we need a generic Death Eater in this wave. Personally I would structure it as this (wands for all, other accessories in parenthesis):

Harry/Draco (Invisibility Cloak, Snitch, Diadem of Ravenclaw)

Ron/Hermionie (Slyterin's Locket, Hufflepuff's cup)

Voldemort/Death Eater (Nagini, Elder Wand, removable Death Eater mask)

Professor Quirrel/Death Eater. (Mirror of Erised)

That way we get a nice character that is hard to care about TOO much (Other than the people who want the mini-turban or the Mirror) with Voldemort packaged with his minions of terror. And the black robes of Voldemort make for a much more fun customization option than Slytherin colors. At least I'd think they would.

Now thinking in DST terms they will release Harry in every wave. Obviously the first variant would be a battle damaged Harry since, as Ginny Weasley said in the 6th movie "he's always covered in blood." So:

Battle Damaged Harry(Chamber of Secrets Style)/Hagrid (He's gotta be a 2.5er.) (Umbrella, Diary of Riddle, Sword of Gryffindor)

Albus Dumbledore/Severus Snape (Ressurection Stone Ring, Potion vial, Pensive, cauldron)

Sirius Black/Dementor (Slimer flight stand, Dog Sirius.)

James Potter/Dementor (Snitch, Slimer flight stand)

Again a variant that isn't TOO necessary but is still a cool character to have.

Wave 3 (hopefully without pulling a LOTR)

Invisible Harry(translucent minimate)/Bellatrix Lestrange (Invisibility Cloak (Clear) Stag Patronus)

Remus Lupin/Mad Eye Moody (Werewolf parts, Moody's Trunk)

Lucius Malfoy (Regular robes)/Inferi

Lucius Death Eater robes/Inferi

If they want boxsets it would make sense to have ones like these:

Dumbledore's Army: Neville Longbottom, Luna Lovegood, Ginny Weasley, some kind of Harry

Weasley Clan: Arthur, Molly (With NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH action!), Fred, George (Various joke products)

Hogwarts teachers: McGonagall, Lockhart, Slughorn, Umbridge (Cat)

Death Eaters: Voldemort, Bellatrix, Narcissa, Peter Pettigrew (rat) (Voldemort's babylike body)

Triwizard Cup: Harry in Triwizard Robes, Fleur (TW robes), Krum (TW robes), Cedric Diggory (TW robes) (Triwizard Cup)

The Order of the Phoenix: Bill Weasley, Burned Hand/battle Dumbledore, Charlie Weasley, Nyphandora Tonks

And just for giggles Voldemort through the Ages: Young Tom Riddle, Diary Tom Riddle, What is a Horcrux Tom Riddle, Voldemort

So that's most of the major Order of the Phoenix characters, most of the major Dumbledore's Army characters, the whole Weasley clan, all of the Horcruxes, all of the Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers (Carrow the exception as he barely mattered), all of the Deathly Hallows, the Malfoy clan, all of the Triwizard Champs, basically every damn character in the series who mattered (minus the Dursleys and who would buy them anyway?) with every variant except Muggle clothes and Quidditch robes, and not a single chance of it existing.

But it was a hell of a lot of fun to plan.

(BTW as I think of things to change I'll edit them. For example, to make up for earlier stupidity the Dementor is now packaged with Sirius Black instead of Lucius Malfoy as honestly I was stupid to put him there anyway. Plus Mad-Eye made it into the main waves, Tonks into the boxset. The Centaurs were deleted and repalced with the Inferi due to the immense need for a minimate zombie army.)

Edited by Trekker 42

How about A-Team minimates - a box set of the main four characters. We still a Mr T minimate

Or

Dukes of Hazzard wave with:

Bo and Luke

Uncle Jesse and Daisy

Boss Hogg and Rosco

I'd also like to see movie versions of Doc Ock and Green Goblin.

How about GI Joe? Don't you think lots of them would translate really well?

Or the most obvious - Star Wars.

• 1 month later...

How about UHF?

It could be:

George (Weird Al Yankovic)

R.J. Fletcher (Kevin Mccarthy)

Stanley (Micheal Richards)

Pamela (Fran Drescher)

Crazy I know, but I can dream right? I'm also with Escape from New York and Big Trouble in Little China as well as the Thing remake though it would require some unique tooling unusable for anything else with the parkas and the monster pieces. It'd be fun though, especially since they're apparently working on a prequel next year...

Though it's not 80's a Kick-Ass boxset just screams to be made especially since it would let us get some fun goons if they did 2 of them.

I also think the Harry Potter mates would set the world on fire. I don't get any merchandise from the franchise but I know people who do and they're quite put out the quality control and slowness of the NECA figures as well as the character selection.