UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Black" minimates

Since you bring it up, whenever I gain the ability to create and print out my own decals, Black Adam is one of the first that I am going to do. All I need to create is the lightning bolt and the forearm guard-things. Otherwise, use the head and hair of Namor from the Defenders set (he has pointy ears), a black Mate arms, torso, crotch, and legs, flesh hands, Captain Marvel's boots, Ronin's sash, voila. I'm surprised that I haven't seen someone else doing this yet. . .

I know he doesn't go by the moniker anymore, but what about the (black)falcon. :)

there's a [DC] Black Condor too, as i recall. extra figs of him could be customed into Falcon, Vulture and so on...

and i'm right there with karamazov on wanting a Black Adam minimate. i'm thinking Captain Marvel could be a base -- remove the cape, mask off the lightning bolt on the chest and paint the rest black, give him black arms and legs/feet and just paint on the armbands and boot details. then yeah, i hadn't thought of the namor head/hair, perfect fit.

post-638-1211525132_thumb.jpg

:ermm:

Wait, who is that?

Someone we Americans would be unfamiliar with?

That's Mr Bean... Black Bean... geddit!

Ohh can we do TV too? How about this one?

post-7-1211560661_thumb.jpg

T.

p.s. yes I'm kidding about the beans, go google blackadder!

Since you bring it up, whenever I gain the ability to create and print out my own decals, Black Adam is one of the first that I am going to do. All I need to create is the lightning bolt and the forearm guard-things. Otherwise, use the head and hair of Namor from the Defenders set (he has pointy ears), a black Mate arms, torso, crotch, and legs, flesh hands, Captain Marvel's boots, Ronin's sash, voila. I'm surprised that I haven't seen someone else doing this yet. . .

i've done a black adam custom... with the namor head and hair, but simply repainted a captain marvel mate. personally, i think it's fantastic! aven't started a proper custom thread yet, but will do later tonight, you can check it out then if you wish *thumbs up*

i've done a black adam custom... with the namor head and hair, but simply repainted a captain marvel mate. personally, i think it's fantastic! aven't started a proper custom thread yet, but will do later tonight, you can check it out then if you wish *thumbs up*

I'll look out for that. This is a crappy "Paint"-edited version of the kind of thing that I was thinking about (I really need a decent program for these kinds of things. . .):

post-1827-1211562343_thumb.jpg

Trust me, with the death of DC Minimates, Black Adam has moved way up on my "to-do customs" list...

Trust me, with the death of DC Minimates, Black Adam has moved way up on my "to-do customs" list...

Can't wait to see it, Boyd. Love your customs.

We need them!

Black Canary

Black Adam

Black Lightning

Black Panther

Black Widow

Black Knight

Black Queen

:lol:

Well, at least we have Blackhawk. <_<

I'd buy all those.

Might I add:

Black Bolt

Black Manta

Black Goliath

Black Tom

even Black Vulcan

Edited by The Avenger

I'd buy all those.

Might I add:

Black Bolt

Black Manta

Black Goliath

even Black Vulcan

What about Black Tom Cassidy, the Black King (Sebastian Shaw), Black Condor, Black Orchid, the Black Racer, the Black Hand, and the Black Sabbath box set?

Jesus, how lazy are comic writers, anyway? And aren't Black Vulcan and Black Lightning basically the same character? Anybody see the Saturday Night Live sketch of Superman's funeral, where Sinbad was Black Lightning? Awesome.

Found it, and isn't Al Franken a great Lex?

http://onmymind1.blogspot.com/2007/03/snl-...-lightning.html

Edited by karamazov80

I'd buy all those.

Might I add:

Black Bolt

Black Manta

Black Goliath

even Black Vulcan

What about Black Tom Cassidy, the Black King (Sebastian Shaw), Black Condor, Black Orchid, the Black Racer, the Black Hand, and the Black Sabbath box set?

Jesus, how lazy are comic writers, anyway? And aren't Black Vulcan and Black Lightning basically the same character? Anybody see the Saturday Night Live sketch of Superman's funeral, where Sinbad was Black Lightning? Awesome.

Found it, and isn't Al Franken a great Lex?

http://onmymind1.blogspot.com/2007/03/snl-...-lightning.html

Brilliant ,esp. Hulk & the reading-glasses :D