UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

That, along with the Disney Tarzan and Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, is my favorite opening scene of a movie. Why Tarzan? I dont really know, I just like it. And Raiders should be obvious.

Though my earlier quote might have been a bit exaggerated, that opening does go in my top 5. . .so does Raiders :)

I haven't seen the 3rd Pirates movie yet. (my little nephew used to call it "Pirates of the Can of Beans")

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

I remember seeing A Fistful of Dollars on TCM for the first time and I thought it was a brilliant classic! biggrin.png I bought Blondie (as he looked at the beginning of Good, Bad and Ugly, which I think is a cool outfit and my fave version from the trilogy) and Angel Eyes.

I also got some Kubrick horses to go with them (even though I had to get them with the Kubrick Planet of the Apes stuff, but that's a long story, maybe for another day) as they are compatible with the Minimate figures.

I just ordered Blondie (as he looked in the beginning of the film) and Angel Eyes. I also got some horses from Kubrick's Planet of the Apes range (even though I had to literally get either the whole set or the same characters that come with horses) to go with those minimates.

Kubrick POTA Horse

241765b4-13ce-44e3-8b90-287980e932bd_zps

Seems like a nice attempt. If only Minimates made horses for their Western-themed figures... Still, at least they fit in scale which is good.

Since the Clint Eastwood minimates were announced, I've been re-discovering the movies (which I hadn't watched in a long time)

I was at my LCS yesterday and noticed that Dynamite Comics has started a "Man with No Name" story arc that follows the events of TGTBATU.

It's worth checking out while waiting for more Clint Eastwood/Man With No Name minimates to be released... which should be soon

I saw A Fistful of Dollars on TCM once and I thought it was bloody brilliant. I gotta watch the other two films now and maybe get 'em on DVD.

Tuco needs a sombrero. I'll buy em anyway but Tuco really needs a sombrero.

How would you make it?