UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they don't seem that conniving to me. Many of their decisions seem almost arbitrary. I would just as soon expect to see one of the weird, minor variant Boba Fett chases re-released as Walker driver. Like the Monsters, Inc. 2-pack. What were they hoping to accomplish with that? Those figures weren't worth anything on eBay before that.

The thing where they used a previously mass-released figure as a chase (in the Toy Story wave) makes zero sense to me.

The latest offering from Medicom is the Blade Runner 'Spinner' which will be released with the new DVD (Blu Ray?) box set.

This prompted me to check whether these were hitting ebay & Pre-orders are . I have ordered mine for far less from a Jap online store but I've never seen a detailed picture before & I must admit that this is no re-release .......it is a thing of beauty. :ohmy:http://cgi.ebay.com/Blade-Runner-Blu-ray-C...=item53e4ebae08

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 1 month later...

This is a carded version of the Wave 4 chase which essentially wipes out yet another rarity from the Medicom kubrick Star Wars stable. I'm beginning to believe that Medicom were canny enough to produce all these in one go years ago ,release a few as chases immediately & then dump the remainder ,years later, for fools like me to buy them again.

This item is identical to the original as far as anybody can see. For those that don't know there is a carded series that runs parallel to the normal releases in this line which are released annually as exclusives .

I like him alright, but it's kind of lame that Medicom chintzed out on the chest block tampo. It should have this underneath:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-Kubrick-Box-...=item588c710130

. . .particularly given that he can't sit in the "BAF" vehicle with his cloak-thing on. The original figure won't be able to sit in there, either, because he has the vinyl skirt and can't be taken apart. And really, Luke has to sit in the Speeder.

So, that's just kind of lame.

That is all very bothersome K80. Medicom has been pretty conscious of details like this in the past. Do you think this might just be proto shots or is he definitely not getting the tampo? Very silly Medicom!

• 1 month later...

Per the wife's request to display some of my Kubricks, my Star Wars crew were unretired from their boxes and are now on display in the living room! Still missing a few that I would like to have--Degobah Luke primarily--but I'm pretty satisfied with my collection at this point. Now, time for the Speeder!

SDC13625-1.jpg

SDC13626.jpg

SDC13627.jpg

SDC13628.jpg

SDC13629.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...

My collection just got exponentially cooler:

SDC13031-1.jpg

Thanks a million, Rob!

I have steered very clear of Kubricks, but seeing your amazing collection Karamazov80 has got me wishing i started years ago. Unfortunately, the high prices on eBay makes collecting these as a late starter to the line a bit intimidating.

I'd say that I could be happy with just a Han in carbonite and a Boba Fett, but years ago I started collecting Minimates, and told myself that I'd be happy with just Spider-Man characters....then X-Men....then Avengers....and so on. I don't think my personality would allow me to just have a couple of these.

Sure, a couple is all you need! Then, you can quit anytime you want to! I mean, with a few exceptions of course. If you've got Han and Boba you would need Vader of course. And Chewie goes without saying for Han. And you can't really have Star Wars without Luke, Leia, the droids, and Obi Wan. And if you're doing the Cloud City thing, you need Lando of course. And the guys from Jabba's Palace who hung out around the Carbonite Han. And if you're doing Jabba's Palace, you might as well get the other figures from Jedi. And if you've gone there, you might as well get the figures from the other films as well, otherwise your collection won't be rounded out very well. . .but apart from that, you should have no problems.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 months later...

It often seems like I'm talking to myself about Kubricks here, so maybe I'll stop soon. But not on this day! The new DX set has popped up on eBay, and one of the 1/96 exclusives is Luke's uncle from A New Hope. The other is the Hammerhead guy that I can only assume is gonna be worth $300 or so on his own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-KUBRICK-DX-3-FULL-SET-STOCK-kubrick-DX-03-/220820591940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3369eed544

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 year later...

I'm wondering if recent developments may have left the Medicom licence for Star Wars kubricks hanging in mid-air? I have no inside info but I'm noticing an unusually large raft of SW kubricks hitting ebay whilst much of the 'new' stuff being released are mainly rehashs.

Medicom licences have probably never affected the ability of a US company attaining similar but maybe we are closer than ever to the possibility of Star Wars Minimates ?

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 2 months later...

It often seems like I'm talking to myself about Kubricks here, so maybe I'll stop soon. But not on this day! The new DX set has popped up on eBay, and one of the 1/96 exclusives is Luke's uncle from A New Hope. The other is the Hammerhead guy that I can only assume is gonna be worth $300 or so on his own.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-KUBRICK-DX-3-FULL-SET-STOCK-kubrick-DX-03-/220820591940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3369eed544

I wish I could afford ol' Momaw Nadon just for the sake of having him. One of my favorite SW characters.