UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think for all the BAF-ness to get Jabba, they'd have given Slave Leia a different face tampo than the Hoth version. I mean, she wasn't PO-ed the entire time -- maybe despair, disgust, or something.

I guess I'm just surprised with the reuse of the Leia head. (Not that I know much about Kubricks, but I haven't noticed Medicom to be guilty of this.)

Yeah, they've given Leia a very similar, generic face on each Kubrick they made of her I believe. Han seems to have the same face on a few different ones. Luke seems to have a bit of variation, but a few of those seem to have very similar faces as well (and in fact, I think most of the Empire/Jedi Lukes have a similar face whereas the ones from Ep. IV have a differene fact that is similar to others from that film).

The faces are so generic to begin with, that you wouldn't think they would go that route. But maybe the similarity in faces helps to distinguish one character from another.

Not a fan of the DX Chewbacca. First DX so far and I am not thrilled. The AT-ST part seems stable but the little guns might be easy to break. Is the R-3PO of the same wave rare? I hardly see him. Also, what is the difference between the newer Darth Vader and the older version? I have the old one. It looks like a different colored head is all...

And while I have the attention of the Kubrick guys, if anyone sees a Kubrick Universal Monsters Dracula Coffin at a reasonable price, let me know. Its the only piece I lack from that series.

Red 3PO is 1 per case of 12, which is why you won't see him for sale by himself very much. Same goes for Leia. Leia's relative rarity is the main reason I bought an entire set of 6. I'm considering selling both the walker and Red 3PO. As for frailty--that's Kubricks for you.

I've never known any kubrick figure as difficult to snag as the AT-ST driver from this current set. :(

I was going to ask for help on the Jedidefender Forum where I am currently enduring 'Bait the Newbie' .........some f*cking 'Joker' is yanking my chain ....Big Time. I know the name but I can't place him yet..............

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=15213.165

What a jerk. I hope that guy gets banned. There is no place for Cosbaby fans on the internet.

Or "British English"... :D:lol:

BHM, have you tried RebelScum? I can ask around there on your behalf, if it would help.

I know :( I have confessed on more than one occasion to having never seen all the Star Wars movies & my knowledge of the characters is abysmal. I decided months ago that I would watch the whole damn lot of them only when I finally get my new TV (Christmas?).

That kubrick looks nothing like Sherlock Holmes or Frankenstein or Doctor Who (movies).

I've never done this & I never will because I wonder whether I could be bothered to sell on all the extra sets (ebay & their charges?) ....pay the initial shippings charges to get them in the first place....sort the damn things out...ship them on....yawn yawn yawn......just to hope to get my money back !!!!

You may be wondering why I'm asking .....it's because I'm not totally sure I've got the math right ? Have I ?

It seems that my 'head-scratching' as to why people bother buying master-cases is now affecting ....the people who buy master-cases .

source -jedidefenderforums

Kubrick boxes are pretty easy to open without tearing them because the tops & bottoms of each box are just 'token-glued' ....I made that term up but it'll do. The answer to your question Shane is yes, I believe the majority of collectors expect the kubricks that they buy from dealers to include the boxes . The dealers have opened all of the boxes to find the chases/secrets & I,for one,would be a bit upset if they didn't send me the boxes they had originally came in. I sold some Lost kubricks to a guy in the US recently who got pretty pissed because I'd forgotten to include the boxes which I had included in the description......he was pretty fierce but quite correct to ask for them. I sent them on. I completely open my kubrick boxes ,top & bottom ,& lay them flat & store them separately....if I sell a kubrick I always include the box....unless I forget <_<

Edited by buttheadsmate