UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the films, but I wouldn't call myself a Star Wars geek by any means. Got the DX Hoth figures yesterday, btw. Empire is my favorite of the three, so I'm psyched to get these. Do wish I didn't have to pay $90, basically, just to get Leia.

SDC12385.jpg

SDC12387.jpg

That Luke is probably in my top 5 of Kubricks now. I've got the "poor man's" driver for the walker :lol:

Edited by karamazov80

The 'bhm ritual' dictates that my new kubricks remain in their baggies until I have time to sit and enjoy them which is unlikely to happen soon. I have however just 'tried' 'my' Leia & she is not as stiff as she ought to be :( Compared to the others in the set she is loose & all I can suggest is to perhaps find a plain white crotch-piece from another kubrick & try a swap.

We complain enough here about DST's Customer Service but who the hell would you get in touch with with Medicom ???????

Still no AT-ST Driver showing anywhere :(

F*c*ing kubricks.

That AT-ST is bad ass! You damned instigators couldn't leave well enough alone. You had to start posting pictures. You probably just cost me some serious bucks! Ebay, here I come. :P

BTW BHM, I've heard Medi's CS is pretty good, but slow.

Dang it! I didn't even realize there was a green one. I was looking at the yellow. Technically though, green markings make him a Sergeant. B) And of course, I will need to find a green one also. Was a red (Captain) or blue (Lieutenant) marked Clone done yet? :blink:

K80, I like me some Clones. Can't help myself.

Oh I see. The green W10 is actually Commander Gree, who happens to be green. Interesting...

What is the deal with the carded versions? They seem to be exclusive to different shows. Is that correct?

I know that every year for the last few years, one convention in Japan (?) has released a set of carded figures, consisting of the "commons" from a previous wave of figures (I think wave 4 is due next year--which I would be interested in because of Bespin Luke, Storm Trooper, and Hoth Han). Other carded figures do seem to be released at various other conventions--some in greater supply than others. Like the Droid versions of R2 and 3PO and the Luke with blonde hair.

--edit: after looking at that list, I see the Droids 3PO came in a box set, not carded--

Edited by karamazov80

From what I understand there is a museum/factory/exhibition known universally as 'Parco'. A bit like SDCC etc. in essence but essentially just kubricks & Medicom stuff in general. Each year new stuff is paraded & a limited supply of unique carded SW kubricks are distributed to hard core retailers whilst a similar amount are available somehow to other hard core in-the-know people. Excuse my vagueness but I'm on the right track & I'm willing to learn if I'm in any way wrong with this info.

Anyway....over the last couple of years Medicom have been releasing other SW kubricks that were only previously available blind-boxed....... in a carded format.These figures are identical. This however was ramped up last year with the Boba Fett collection,a new series of mostly new variations of Boba Fett......3 secret figures + 6 commons blind-boxed BUT the 6 commons were issued, simultaneously, 'carded'.

It is all bloody madness & only mindless moronic fools are keeping up with the almost bankrupting completism of it all.

I offer no smiley.

It is all bloody madness & only mindless moronic fools are keeping up with the almost bankrupting completism of it all.

Being a true Kubrick completist would probably be about as expensive as being a Hot Toys completist. I can't even fathom how much money it would cost.

There are times I feel very fortunate to have limits to my nuttiness (a completist I am not in any area of my collection).

Edited by karamazov80

Had a bid in last night on the DX Snowtrooper and the same guy had the DX Chewbacca for .01 with no bids, so I bid.01. I lost on the Snowtrooper and got a chewbacca for one cent plus shipping. Kinda annoyed at this...

I was watching that Snow Trooper and considered bidding myself to get another one (I'm no serious army builder, but I do like having 2 or 3 of the grunts as opposed to just one). I figured the price would go higher than I was willing to pay, so I passed on it.

I ordered my lot from the same seller (SteathTank) and got an extra Chewy, Han, and Luke for basically $3-4 a piece after shipping to go on my office (cubicle) desk.

Yeah K80, I think my highest bid was $7 and I thought that was a safe bet. Guess not. I'll probably give Chewie to my Mom to go with her Smuggler Han, and keep the ATST part. Back to the drawing board...

Here's some big lots of prequel troopers if you were interested in building an army. Not a bad price considering this is one of the most ridiculously over-priced toy lines in existence:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Kubrick-Star-W...=item4152e15f14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Toy-Kubrick-Se...=item4152e1634c