UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Wars Kubricks!

A.J.V.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess so. In domestic toy lines, I would estimate that Build-A-Figures run 3-4X the cost of the regular figure releases, on average. Best to buy all the component parts with their original figures and to get him that way (not that this will be an issue for you, who I would only be willing to bet my entire savings on, will get all of these figures and the BAFs, one way or the other :D ).

• 3 months later...

Official shots of the Empire figs!

post-1827-1266986321_thumb.jpg

I can not wait to get that Luke, Leia, and Solo for that matter. I had the Solo toy as a kid, so he is always blue to me.

http://www.rebelscum.com/VINtHanhoth.asp

The Chewy is cool, and the Snow Trooper will be nice to have, but I'm really not that interested in the red C-3PO and walker-thing.

They are not out yet, as far as I know. Once they are, eBay might be your best bet. Not a lot of great U.S. distributers of Kubricks out there. BBTS often sells them, but for ridiculously jacked up prices.

I buy mine on ebay from 'various' ,there are no hard & fast rules except that the commons get cheaper after the initial frenzy. Wait.

Stress the "commons" part. I'm still waiting for that Iroquois Pliskin Kubrick to appear for < $20, and he's 1/12. You've got to shell out $60+ for the whole set if you want that guy.

I buy mine on ebay from 'various' ,there are no hard & fast rules except that the commons get cheaper after the initial frenzy. Wait.

Is the frenzy over on Tarkin yet? :(

Some bad news regarding these BAF waves:

Out in June - Kubricks DLX 1 each box include :

2x Luke ( Jedi Knight )

3x C-3PO & Salacious Crumb

3x R2-D2 ( Jabba's Barge )

2x Chewbacca ( Boushh's Prisoner )

1x Amanaman

1x Bib Fortuna

Estimated cost per box of 12 from Hobby Link Japan? $164

So, if you want the entire set, I figure you are going to have to pay a pretty hefty price, because there is no truly obscure chase to justify people buying multiple cases looking for them, which would lead to a decreased cost per figure of the relative "commons." I don't see the 1 per cases here going for less than $25 each, on a good day, and that's taking into account Jabba who I figure will cost $30-40 (at a low end) on the market. If I'm right, I will seriously think about passing on this. I may just get my Empire Strikes Back guys and try to forget about the rest of these.

Edited by karamazov80

Oh, yeah. The 3 per case guys will be cheap and easy to find, so if you just want those, I wouldn't worry at all. This is more an issue for those of us who would want the whole shebang. You will probably be able to pick up R2 and 3PO for < $10

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, yeah. The 3 per case guys will be cheap and easy to find, so if you just want those, I wouldn't worry at all. This is more an issue for those of us who would want the whole shebang. You will probably be able to pick up R2 and 3PO for < $10

Counting on that! ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:D .......secretly,I shan't let anyone know.

6 Commons

A build a figure ...Jabba

2 secret figures each @ 1: 96

1 Diorama @ 1:48

This was the most frustratingly complex set of SW kubricks to complete I've ever known, I just picked up the diorama for under $40 which is still too much for a f*cking piece of cardboard (but the cheapest one I've seen)but that completes this series !! People have been asking $600 for these ....& getting it :ohmy:

• 2 weeks later...