UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #9 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

Chuck seemed pretty frisky this time around. :)

Nothing earth-shattering for me in the responses, but it's good to see he likes the simple, unadorned Minimate style. Perhaps duck feet and diapers are not portents of a disturbing future and more of a temporary, ill-advised experiment.

This answer...

DSTChuck: I have to be honest, there is a VERY good chance that we will NOT finish every bridge crew for every Trek!
...will probably upset a lot of the hardcore Trek folk, but hopefully they won't stop buying because of it. But then again, I think they are still whining about not getting a Chapel and Rand in the 7 inchers and they keep buying those.

I noticed he dodged the Lorraine cleavage question again. It just makes me a little more curious each time that happens. If it is a simple as "The licensor asked us to change it," why can't he say that? Sounds like there's a conspiracy here. :D

Thanks Chuck, Matt, and Shanester.

Why did he say 'We dont have the Heroes licence' in a very definate way. I know Heroes mates were not 100% confirmed, but they were 'more likely than not'. Does this mean we don't get Heroes mates? :(

I'm curious about the Rocky response he gave:

"DSTChuck: We think it will be a big seller as well - so go out and tell the buyers you want your Thunderlips!"

So he thinks it "will" be a big seller. Does that imply that it is coming out? Which "buyers" do you think he is referring to? Retailers whose pre-orders might determine if it gets produced? Or is he again suggesting that it is definitely coming out, and by "buyers" is referring to all of us?

He also stated that we are getting at least one other Spidey Minimate, and suggested that more 4 packs are coming out. First, I'm thrilled about the second point generally, but I hope that we get a Spidey with three previously unreleased bad guys as a box set. That "classic Spidey" set or whatever it was kind of sucked, so hopefully it won't be like that one if we do get it. . .

Edited by karamazov80

No Heroes 'mates makes me very, very sad, but the good likelihood of more BTTF 'mates makes me happy.

So, mixed bag.

DSTChuck: We've done a little army building, but frankly the sales have been pretty flat so I don't think we have any plans right now to expand it to something like you list above.

Well, lets take a look at what has been made:

Modern / Classic Cylon Cases of 12: Limited to 450 pieces of each, good luck new people who want to find some.

FYE Cylon 5-pack: Wow an American only retail chain. Imagine how many you would have sold if people in Canada / U.K. / Mexico /etc could have bought them at retail. Without the hassel of shipping or customs at the border.

LOTR Eleven 2-pack: I believe this is the same song as the 5-pack.

The first Cylon / Six set seemed to sell out rather quick compared to the other two sets. Lets not forget about the Boomer/Cylon and Cylon/Kat sets.

Plus what really killed the LOTR Army builder/known character sets? Maybe it was because they were released after the three films or maybe had they kept them to scale with the 2" Marvel line they would have sold better. This is just one kids opinion though.

Anyway, I just think that when you "test" the sales of army builders for minimates exclusive to stores one could only find in the U.S.A, of course sales are going to be a little flat. :( If only the retailers would show a little more interest, then we might have something.

To be fair, the Elf 2-pack was released on the ass end of that license, wasn't it? If so, then the fact that no one was buying any LotR Minimates could be as likely a factor as no one buying that particular set.

But I think Chuck missed the point of the question, as it was asked if the figure bundled with the variant could be the army builder, so instead of ponying up the dough for two Mr. Fantastic, you'd get two Skrulls, kind of like the first wave of BSG.

DSTChuck: We've done a little army building, but frankly the sales have been pretty flat so I don't think we have any plans right now to expand it to something like you list above.

Modern / Classic Cylon Cases of 12: Limited to 450 pieces of each, good luck new people who want to find some.

Were there really only that many produced? I knew they were rare but didn't realise how rare :ohmy:

Were there really only that many produced? I knew they were rare but didn't realise how rare :ohmy:

That's 450 cases... which is still aprox 5k minimates about the same as the runs for most exclusives...

T.

That's 450 cases... which is still aprox 5k minimates about the same as the runs for most exclusives...

T.

Agreed... but I'm trying to remember which was the 1 in 12 ,Black Stealth?

I thought it was the Battle damaged Gold/commander? for classic and obviously the chromed/downloaded for the modern.

T.

I thought it was the Battle damaged Gold/commander? for classic and obviously the chromed/downloaded for the modern.

T.

TBT,I'm not sure but my point is 450 of that item is pretty rare :yes:

T.

TBT is right, its the BD Gold Commander.

Yup, there were only 450. They first announced that there would be 500, but for some unknown reason they changed it to 450. How do I know only 450? each box is numbered on the bottom x/450. I think it was changed to make the number of individual Cylons to 5000 pcs each. Like TBT! pointed out.

This also means that there are only 450 Battle damaged Gold Classic Cylons. ;)

Edited by pickle

Yup, there were only 450. They first announced that there would be 500, but for some unknown reason they changed it to 450. How do I know only 450? each box is numbered on the bottom x/450. I think it was changed to make the number of individual Cylons to 5000 pcs each. Like TBT! pointed out.

This also means that there are only 450 Battle damaged Gold Classic Cylons. ;)

That makes me feel that much cooler to own one :)

I apologise for banging on about these Cylons but I just cannot get this in my head. OK, I totally accept all that has been said about the amount produced, Classics- 450 cases of 12 . That's 5400 total production with 5 different variations of Cylon in various numbers. That's correct..Yes?! There are therefore 450 Gold Battle Damaged..Yes?!

So how many of the 'Moderns' were produced in cases & how many FYE Suncoasts 5 packs were produced . Surely the answer must be.... many more Moderns were produced than Classics.....Yes?

So how many of the 'Moderns' were produced in cases & how many FYE Suncoasts 5 packs were produced . Surely the answer must be.... many more Moderns were produced than Classics.....Yes?

BHM, I just checked my case of moderns and there were only 450 cases of those as well. But you're right, due to the FYE Suncoast five packs there were many more moderns produced. But only 5400 moderns came in those individual boxes.

BHM, I just checked my case of moderns and there were only 450 cases of those as well. But you're right, due to the FYE Suncoast five packs there were many more moderns produced. But only 5400 moderns came in those individual boxes.

Thanks Rad. I perhaps never quite realised how scarce the Classics were.

Posted by: Arcdeluxe Apr 22 2008, 10:49 PM

I really love what you guys are doing with the Star Trek minimates, however, I'm concerned that we may not be able to finish our crews for a long time yet. Do you have any plans to complete the crews faster? (ie. boxsets, release 2 waves at a time, etc) Or do we just have to practice a lot of patience? Also, I know you're not allowed to talk about your license, but do you have it for a long enough time that you would be able to complete the crews, at least the main ones?

DSTChuck: I have to be honest, there is a VERY good chance that we will NOT finish every bridge crew for every Trek!

Not happy about this litte quote at all. Show much rallying do the Star Trek minimate fans need to do? I wonder if the line is really in danger ...

Not happy about this litte quote at all. Show much rallying do the Star Trek minimate fans need to do? I wonder if the line is really in danger ...

Me neither. But I hope we'll at least be able to complete the TNG, DS9 and Voy crew in their 7th season uniforms. That way, we can just mix and match the uniforms to make movie versions. Also, WoK. I could live without the rest.

Me neither. But I hope we'll at least be able to complete the TNG, DS9 and Voy crew in their 7th season uniforms. That way, we can just mix and match the uniforms to make movie versions. Also, WoK. I could live without the rest.

What else is there? (other than Enterprise and I want those guys.)

Not happy about this litte quote at all. How much rallying do the Star Trek minimate fans need to do? I wonder if the line is really in danger ...

Well, there's TMP as well, which is in wave 5.

Not happy about this litte quote at all. How much rallying do the Star Trek minimate fans need to do? I wonder if the line is really in danger ...

Well, there's TMP as well, which is in wave 5.

Ah, ST:TMP. Thanks for reminding me. I was so close to forgetting that one existed.

Edited by Trekker 42