UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Avengers!

Lobsterman

Very Nice,

The only immediate thing that is a negative is they are keeping the duck feet from the previous hulk!

And the giantman looks a bit odd and bulky.

Other than that it looks like a great set!

T.

Just saw this on AFI as well. They look really great. I really like the Wasp. Giant Man looks to have the same full head-style mask that DCD Batmans do; I can't think of any other Marvel 'mate that does. That will be useful for making a custom Hank Pym and putting (say) a Doc Cottle head under the mask!

If only they would replace the Hulk with a villain like the Enchantress or Baron Zemo....

Liking the Wasp in the second picture with the hair. Antman stands out for me as the best one.

Hulk seems to have some strange forehead thing going on below the hair line, cant tell if its just bad paint apps or supposed to be this way.

Those look fantastic minus Hulk whom to me, is just plain ugly and waste of a good slot. Definitely picking up 2 sets to display Antman and Giantman! =) Thanks for the link Lobsterman!

Are-Jay

If only they would replace the Hulk with a villain like the Enchantress or Baron Zemo....

Yep I could really do without that Hulk, (he just looks odd) the rest of the set looks great though.

Edited by hypno

Love the set! Don't like the duck feet and enlarged crotch on the Hulk. As with the smart Hulk and Abomination set, the bigger feet and crotch additions don't make the characters look bigger, just more awkward. I'm all for big chest pieces, but if you (DST) can't do 2.5" minis, don't bother making bigger feet and crotches. The minimates needs to be proportionate not goofy looking. In my opinion, DST should just stick to making big chest pieces for larger characters and nothing more. Nothing wrong with BC Thing or Defenders set Hulk.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Love the set! Don't like the duck feet and enlarged crotch on the Hulk. As with the smart Hulk and Abomination set, the bigger feet and crotch additions don't make the characters look bigger, just more awkward. I'm all for big chest pieces, but if you (DST) can't do 2.5" minis, don't bother making bigger feet and crotches. The minimates needs to be proportionate not goofy looking. In my opinion, DST should just stick to making big chest pieces for larger characters and nothing more. Nothing wrong with BC Thing or Defenders set Hulk.

3 'crotches' & your are out.

I love the second Wasp, Giantman and Antman. I'm in two minds about Iron Man. I always love getting new armours, but so much of this is a reuse its hard to get excited about. I'm glad it's not a direct reuse of everything, ie the mask is slightly different, there is more detail on the armour and boots and it has wristbands, and the hammer is cool. I like the Tony Stark face too. Much better than the other Classic Iron Man.

I really don't like that Hulk. As others have said, the duck feet are ugly, the face and head thing is weird and the big crotch looks like a nappy(diaper) on him.

All in all a good set and I will definately be picking one up.

Awesome find!

As for the box set, I think it looks pretty good.

I like Ant/Gaint-man,Wasp,and Iron Man.

Like others have said before, I don't really like Hulk the Defender one looks better IMO.

I'm not too crazy about Tony Stark's face,it looks weird to me, though don't konw if that's how he looked in the comics. Also Wasp hair seem to be reused from the 24 Line, though I'm not sure about Tony's.

Does Wasp come with two set of wings?

I still think I want to get this when it come out. :)

BTW I'm surprised to see these pics so soon.

Ant-Man/Giant Man definately my favorites. I think it's a good representation of the character. Now if they just perfect that helmet before release... seems a little not ready for production yet.

I love the Ant-Man/Giant Man and Wasp. I've been clamoring for these for a while, so it's nice to get them to round out my core Avengers team. I'm also happy to get an early Iron Man, since I don't have the gray variant. Not too thrilled about the Hulk, like others, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he will look pretty cool displayed alongside my "Amazing Fantasy" Spidey. . .so, I'm going to look at the silver lining here.

I really hope that all these early-60s Marvel characters will sell, which might possibly convince the "powers that be" to release an "FA" X-Men box set. That would be awesome.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm always happy to get new Marvel characters, especially Avengers, I had the FA Avengers action figure boxset as a kid, so I'd think I would be stoked for these, but I just can't get excited. I would have prefered more modern verisons of Wasp and Pym, but even if they went the classic route, I think Giantman would work best as a plain mate like his zombie version was. Unfortunately the transformation pieces on both Wasp and Giant Man make them look very akward. The Hulk looks to be the worst version yet. With strange head sculpting that just doest look good. Besides, we already got a new hulk in the Defenders set, and there will be 2 for the movie, I just feel like there were better choices for a boxset.

Gold Iron Man looks amazing, if not a little too intracate. I'll buy this set for sure.

Woot Woot, this is a good year for new mates that little ol' pickle is looking foward to. first Nova and now Wasp. Sweet!

Anyway, as to why I bothered to post. Was it not said that there will be a total of three costumes for Wasp? I see two but what is the third????

man o man o man... I may have to en dup getting 5 sets! Why? Because, being the obsessed maniac I am, I'll want to have both Giant-Man and Ant-Man assembled at all times, along with, supposedly, 3 different versions of Wasp. In which case I'll probably have a bunch of Gold Iron Man and Hulks to give away :P

I wonder if anyone from AA saw my designs from last year which are pretty much spot on to these? :P

Edited by hyejinx1984

Hulk doesn't bother me as I like wave 1 the best. So everything else is just "meh" to me. Ironman is cool. I'm still trying to figure out the Giantman/Antman thing. Are they the same person? Isn't that oxymoronish? The first Wasp pictured is fail, but the 2nd one is epic win.

Hulk doesn't bother me as I like wave 1 the best. So everything else is just "meh" to me. Ironman is cool. I'm still trying to figure out the Giantman/Antman thing. Are they the same person? Isn't that oxymoronish? The first Wasp pictured is fail, but the 2nd one is epic win.

Yeah, Hank Pym went by Giantman when he grew large and Antman when he shrunk. He also went by Goliath and Yellowjacket (which was my favorite costume). I actually liked the original Wasp outfit, but I'm gonna have to agree with you, the second outfit looks much better in minimate form...and Hey! we get a new hair sculpt! :)

these are awesome!!! I will be getting 2 sets for sure so I can have Antman and Giantman both displayed. And I still don't have the Classic Ironman mate, so this will be a good substitute untill I can get the origonal as well. I like this version of Hulk, but I will be switching out the feet and tossing that diaper around his waist. And I also like version 2 of Wasp much more and will be displaying her as such... maybe the other way too since I'll have 2.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520