Who's going back?

Logan

Yes or No?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going back?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Still thinking about it.

I've seen a few posts saying that some of the members are debating on going back to AA. I'll be honest, I'm one of them. So are you going to back to the New AA Board?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"This thread is not meant to start anything."

Im SO glad you put that there, I'll admit it Im a little uncomfortable about this thread even exisitng and I do have a horrible feeling I'll be getting some negative comments from certain people for the existance of this board.

But thats just the way life is, I stuck this place up because I miss all you guys and I havent got a bloody clue as to when the AA board will be coming back up and what it'll be like. (For those out of the loop I quit working on it a week before it died (various reasons, none of which are connected with why it went AFAIK).

So, do you want me to delete it, then?

I might lurk over on the new AA forum but a Minimate-specific board is more my style. And I was getting tired of the drama in the Trek section (I know Don, and I did avoid it - but some of it was unavoidable). Plus all my peeps is here, why leave?

Exactly^^, that's one of the reasons I'm debating on going back. This board is pretty close to perfect IMO. So, right now, my scoresheet stands at: Here: 65%, AA: 35%.

Ding Ding... could you have picked a more sensitive topic? :P

My thoughts are that I like it here, it gives us everything the previous site had without some of the baggage we had on the AA site.

At present we dont know how long it will be till the AA board comes back, if at all?

Like many of you I only really have time for one board If I'm going to add anything to the community and make it worth my time.

I hung out at the AA site because of the community not the news (or lack thereof). When it was closed I missed the place, but this place feels like home already especially with a lot of the regulars making the jump and the banter pretty much the same playfull but friendly stuff.The longer this is home the harder its going to be to uproot and start yet again (something AA has made us do a couple of time in the last few yrs)

I give Ady a lot of credit for making it feel like home without it being identical... I know he has invested a lot (both time and money) in this place and will make it work because he cares about it.

So, Am I going back to AA....

Lets say I'm very comfy where I am but lets see what AA does before making any judgements shall we?

T.

Hmm tough qestion, it's hard trying to keep up with 2 forums like several of you have said. I remember that Logan and I (along with Donald) were trying to start our own back up thread in case the forum went down again and it went down hill from their, but Ady has made it succesful here. I'm just not sure yet. :blink:

Yeah, I remember that. T'was not a good place.^^^

PS: I mystically sense I've touched down on a sensitive subject witth this thread :D

What drew me from lurking at AA was the people that were there. Luke, Timbo, Ady... All of you guys seemed like such a cool group of people that I felt I needed to get in on it. Over time, I came to actually feel like a part of something pretty cool. I lurk on several other boards, but rarely post, just because it doesn't have the same feel as the old AA group.

I guess I'm a bit of a follower. If everyone else goes back, I will as well. For me, it's all about the people there, not the URL.

I might lurk over on the new AA forum but a Minimate-specific board is more my style. And I was getting tired of the drama in the Trek section (I know Don, and I did avoid it - but some of it was unavoidable). Plus all my peeps is here, why leave?

I like the way we all keep talking to Don despite him not been here :P

I like it here. AA would have to do something special to bring me back.

:P

What drew me from lurking at AA was the people that were there. Luke, Timbo, Ady... All of you guys seemed like such a cool group of people that I felt I needed to get in on it. Over time, I came to actually feel like a part of something pretty cool. I lurk on several other boards, but rarely post, just because it doesn't have the same feel as the old AA group.

I guess I'm a bit of a follower. If everyone else goes back, I will as well. For me, it's all about the people there, not the URL.

To be honest I think antacosts' comment sums up most peoples feelings, where ever the good guys are is where the majority of us will be. Heck the reason this place went up was that I was missing you all.

At present though its all just hypothetical, we still dont know when AA is getting a board up and what its gonna be like, in the mean time make yourselves at home and invite people over, this place is here to stay.

Wow, I am a bit shocked by the results so far. I was a huge fan of the AA boards, but was very unhappy with AA and thier treatment of fans. The moderation was good, but got to be a bit overzealous in some areas. The spat I had with another members spouse showed me the true colors of a few members and made me realize that power had gone to some folks heads. Regrettably, I rarely hear from my pal Minijeff now.

I am 99.9% sure I won't return. If Brandon is still involved as an AA representative, that may be the only thing to get me to return. I applaud his great efforts to be a diplomat and contact on AA's behalf.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted "No". I can't see any point in going back to AA since I've managed to locate most of my old pals on other sites ~ and it's not like they gave us much actual news, that was down to Chuck DST and Rick of New Force most of the time. Crom would pop in from time to time when he was still there, and sometimes Adam....but not very often.

With regard to the 'baggage' issue, I actually find that splitting my interests amongst several different forums works better for me. I talk Trek over at TU, because it's all Trekkers and we're annoying nobody else but ourselves LOL! I talk toys over at Fwoosh, moderate at Tim Brazeal's new site, and stop in to chew the fat with you guys!

:P:P

Wow, I'm the only person whose sure to go back...

Probably a comment on my work, but I have a lot of spare time to waste on the web and visit a metric crapload of forums of various topics daily to pass the time, so I guess I get less offended about forums I visit in snapshot bites. And I actually moderate on a forum with faaar stricter rules than AA, robotech.com, so that doesn't bother me that much either.

Honestly I didn't know they were going to have another board. If and when they start another one up I'll probaby register and check it occasionally, but I prefer this board. So, I'll spend most of my time here, while probably checking in on the AA board from time to time. neo

Again, I always got the impression that AA was a little aprehensive about having the forums. They always seemed afraid that someone (parents of consumers, other companies they partnered with, etc.) was going to get upset by things said in the threads. Even seemingly mild-mannered comments. I think they considered the forums more of a headache, than fun and lost interest long ago.

The forums gave birth to the AACC. The AACC was a good intention that was abandoned by the one company it supported. This lead to a lot of upset people (some got ripped off) and was always a thorn in the side of the forums. AA has dropped the forums, dropped the overhead expenses, dropped the need for dedicated forum attention, and dropped any liability the forum may have created. Another good intention that was abandoned by the company it supported.

I am not upset with AA. I think that this new forum (MMMV) gives all parties more freedom and very little (if any) liability. I can't say much about MOST of the guys at AA, but I know there is at least one employee (ADAM) who cares about the consumers, and therefore keeps my support.

My only regret about the drop of the AA forums is that we haven't gotten any visits from AA or DST (well that are not anonymous) here at MMMV. Hopefully, this will change.

My only regret about the drop of the AA forums is that we haven't gotten any visits from AA or DST (well that are not anonymous) here at MMMV. Hopefully, this will change.

It was cool having those guys drop in but the only two I saw, and sporadically at that, were Matt and Chuck from DST. I don't remember even seeing guys from AA chiming in on topics except for Brandon and he didn't exactly seem like he was in the loop when it came to inside info.

It was cool having those guys drop in but the only two I saw, and sporadically at that, were Matt and Chuck from DST. I don't remember even seeing guys from AA chiming in on topics except for Brandon and he didn't exactly seem like he was in the loop when it came to inside info.

Brandon was/is about as much of an AA employee as myself, Lurch, Don, PL and Gardi.

As for Chuck/Matt we'll so what transpires after SDCC