UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The invaders set looks pretty sweet. I'm liking the Jim Hammond Human Torch. TRwo different masks for Cap and a hair piece. I can't tell, are both of those round shields for cap is one for Bucky? either way, 3 diff shields in one box is pretty cool. The only thing I would nit pick about would be that it would have been nice for Bucky to have the "kid feet"

Fantastic, I absolutely love that Invaders Boxset.

Bring em on

that makes a couple of four-packs i'll need multiples of. will these be available by any other online means during or after the con [like HasbroToyShop does with some of their exclusives], or orderable by LCSs? or are these doomed to be eBay exclusives afterwards? i'm not familiar with how SDCC minimates work.

O.M.G.!!! Now I have to go to SDCC. I'm not sure it's worth all the $cratch to go just for these two exclusives, but I simply cannot take the chance on missing-out on either of these. Somebody please verify that these will be available elsewhere (besides epay) before I sink hundreds into this venture! :(

I dont think anyone can confirm yet but we can go on past history and guess.

I would say that the SDCC stuff will find its way to retail comic shops as I have been able to buy SDCC and Wiz World exclusives from my LCS and I'm in the UK.

The only ones that never got released over here from SDCC are gold and silver spidey but I can understand that :)

Just double checking the marvel definitive list and yep all the SDCC stuff I have been able to buy retail.

Ok, really stupid question, but when you say retail that includes online right?

:blink:

If you can find stuff in Previews, then online retailers should have access just like "brick and mortar" comic shops do. Cornerstore Comics, Big Bad Toy Store, scifigenre, probably stuckakid, maybe AFX. . .if these are, in fact, available outside of SDCC at all, I don't think that you will have trouble getting them online.

Maybe it is just me, but these exclusives for SDCC are kinda disappointing. I could make the argument that they are mostly all just variants of existing characters with extra accessories to make them seem the more worth while getting. Really though, I am just let down that there is another box set for a Marvel story that I could care less about. :(

Here is the set I would rather of seen: Planet Hulk

Planet Hulk (the Gladiator version of Hulk)

Silver Savage

The Red King

Caiera Oldstrong

But hey, if what the people want is the Invaders, then sweet stuff. Truth be told, as disappointed as I am I sure still want the Sub-Mariner. Guy looks freak'n sweet!

Thanks murderofcrows, I do need some back issues. I am not up with Marvel as I could be.

And just so everybody does not think, "these dawgs hate each other." We worked it all out.

cool beans.

Whatever,

don't punch him in the face...knee him in the nards!

No haters allowed! (just playing, don't get all mad)

Both sets look fantastic.

I am seriously upset and confused that WW Chicago is before SDCC this year????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Now when I go to WWC, there will be no new mates (because I bought every mate available and the sdcc exclusive mates won't be out yet), and the chicks in costume are not that "hot & easy" if you will. Sucks.

But the mates are truly radical!

DST Matt, when I see you at WWC, have some sets for me on the low.

WW4M

Edited by Will Work 4 Mates

Now I love this, don't get me wrong, but didn't DST say it'd be too hard to make sets based on such recent events? :P

Just kidding, they look great. (Though I like the other Namor's face better)

.... I am just let down that there is another box set for a Marvel story that I could care less about. :(...

Not just a story, this was a series published by marvel starting back in 1975 it ran for many years and was spawned by some of the great heroes of the 1930's and 40's look it up.

and for all those wondering the red white and blue shield(round) is not buckys its Caps second shield( the first being the badge shaped one that he only had for the first issue) the shield he used from issue #2 of his "captain america comics" (yup prior to Marvel) to i believe issue #78 then when he reappeared in Tales of suspense 58 and Avengers #4(now Marvel) he had the Modern colored shield. -Helpful Matt

post-189-1211400882_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

oh my poor wallet this summer! :D

Cap looks AWSOME! Am i seeing the pics right? Can you finally put the shield on his back?

Also Bucky ..W00T!

HOLY CRAP! I had no idea we'd be getting this many boxsets so soon, this is incredible. When i started this thread, i thought for sure we'd only be getting a single 2-pk exclusive (like previous SDCCs, if i'm not mistaken). Instead we have 2 new four packs as well as hopefully a 3rd available there (FA Avengers). I'm completely blown away by this!

Thank you DST and everyone else involved in these sets.

Also, I'm going to be needing doubles of all 3 of those sets. But I'd gladly part with the $90+ for figures of this quality.

Ok ok... now don't get this wrong. I love Marvel Minimates with a passion and I love it when box sets get announced. But the one thing that is starting to get annoying is that these box sets come with Multiple costumes of certain characters that I badly want and if I want to be guaranteed to be able to show them off I have to buy mulitple sets. Also the fact that the one reason that were getting mutliples is that they are just giving us extra of the crappy "Make oour heads bigger" Slip on faces. I mean I'm happy to have the Through the ages Iron man set, the Classic avengers set, and now the Invaders set but My wallet has internal bleeding over here. I NEED these sets and all the figures in them, plus the Iron Man movie mates. Man I might need to get a third job now. One for gas, one for bills and comics, and one for Minimates.

so let me get this straight:

Classic Avengers (Sept?):

Giant Man

Ant man

Wasp V1

Wasp V2

Wasp V3

Golden Iron Man

Hulk

I'll buy two sets because the beehive hair of one of the wasps is NOT going to get displayed at all. LOL

Through the Ages Iron Man (End of july at SDCC):

Demon In bottle Tony stark

New Classic Iron man

Non Zombie armor (Lol I don't know what all armors these are. if anyone could tell me it would be greatly appreciated)

Monkey Face armor

Angry armor

Blank stare Armor

I will also be buying two of this set since it comes with two different armors for me to throw the two nes face plates on.

Invaders (end of July SDCC):

WWII Cap

Bucky

Original Human Torch

Green Skivvies Namor

Stern Face Captain America

Thank goodness that with this set I only need to buy one. I'll most Likely just display the regular Angry face cap with the original shield on his back and the WWII one in his hand. Or maybe give bucky the other. I can't decide because I want at least two of that new flame-on base. I love it!

What will the rest of you be buying?