UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mind you this is only the AFX exclusive.

Where's the DST one?

Lets see, how about another Iron man 4 pack box set:

Ultimate IM

Hulk Buster MKI

Arctic Armor

Stealth Armor MkIII

Please!

Yes I'm joking even I think there should be some love for other characters too ;)

T.

I honestly was expecting the exclusive to be Iron Man related but a whole boxset?!?! AWESOME! They all look great and gives us a huge incentive to buy multiple sets. I'm most excited about the Modular armor, my favorite costume! I became fascinated with it since the Marvel/Capcom games =)

SMACK! That's the sound of my jaw hitting the ground. Way to go DST! TBT, you must be happier than a pig in poop. These'll look great in your Hall of Armors.

Somebody really needs to make a Mandarin minimate now.

QUESTION: If these are gonna be a AFX exclusive at the SDCC 08, will DST be offering one as well? Hmmmm....

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Oh my god these are sooo freakin awesome!!! I am definitely getting two sets! No offense to you major IM fans but I originally thought it may be a bit of overkill, BUT after actually looking at them I see an attention to detail in selecting this lineup and can't wait until these get released. Just making an educated guess these should be available July 28th? That sound about right?

TBT, you must be happier than a pig in poop. These'll look great in your Hall of Armors.

Somebody really needs to make a Mandarin minimate now.

Lets see...

Past IM releases

Origin-Classic IM

Silver Centurion IM

Good old wave 6 IM

Stealth IM

Zombie IM

Just had:

Iron Spidey & Civ War IM/Tony stark

About to get:

Movie IM (*3)

Gold IM (classic avengers)

4-5 new IM from this set

Warmachine (*2) in wave 23.

Most of my mini IronMan dreams have been answered... If I had to push my luck ( trust me it's not a complaint I'm really fucking happy with what we are getting!) though I'd say Hulkbuster and Ultimate versions need to be made ;)

I've always thought that the Mandarin is both the most archaic quirky/racist and overrated IM villian ever...

Give me Titanium man, Crimson Dynamo, the Ghost and Whiplash (ok so he's cheesy and should come after Mandarin) first!

No offense to you major IM fans but I originally thought it may be a bit of overkill,

I'm actually waiting for the OMFG they have made a zillion IM where's wolverine backlash...

Somehow though because they are armor and not the same person in a different costume it's easier to handle?

T.

I'm actually waiting for the OMFG they have made a zillion IM where's wolverine backlash...

Somehow though because they are armor and not the same person in a different costume it's easier to handle?

T.

Not that it's easier to handle but as a comic fan, we're kind of getting a retrospective if you will of different stages in a characters development over the years. (Of course with a blockbuster movie out it does not hurt sales at all to try to bring attention to Iron Man's back story and try and sell more comics) With the Hulk for example, how many more shades of green can we paint the guy? And TBT, the reason I thought it may have been overkill was because I read the post before going over to DST and actually seeing them fearing a Wolverine, Hulk disappointment, BUT that's why I said I "originally thought" So please stop pointing your repulsor rays in my living room window. You're freaking out my dogs.. I ;)

Edited by Fo Shizzle

Well, I never saw the Drunk Tony Stark Minimate coming. Well done, DST.

Seriously, this is a gorgeous set of Iron Man Minimates. And it saved me from making my own Proto-Classic Iron Man.

As for the "more variants that Wolverine" debate - I think Iron Man should have more Minimates than Wolverine. Part of Iron Man's appeal is his huge "wardrobe" - each of his armors preactially makes him a new character. Now bring on the Hulkbuster armor!

And TBT, the reason I thought it may have been overkill was because I read the post before going over to DST and actually seeing them fearing a Wolverine, Hulk disappointment, BUT that's why I said I "originally thought" So please stop pointing your repulsor rays in my living room window. You're freaking out my dogs.. I ;)

I actually agree and meant it very much tongue in cheek, I can't be overly defensive because I also see that point of view, I can see we are getting many IM mates and people will start to go hang on that's a lot of IM stuff!

( If I wanted to stir the pot then I'd have said... What is it now IM 14 - deadpool/gambit 0.)

Trust me the repulsors are switched off today but in celebration IM style I'm going to hit the booze ;)

T.

I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, by any means, but this set looks incredible. With the addition of these as well as the Gold Iron Man in the Avengers boxset, it's giving a lot of fans the chance to build their own Hall of Armors without spending tons of money. The two pack with the older armors and the Stealth IM are both pretty expensive/rare, so this helps out a little.

Well done, DST (or was it an AFX exclusive? I forget).

Let's hope this set paves the way for many more drunken Minimates :D

There wasnt a non AFX, DST exclusive minimate pack for NYCC, so I wouldn't think there would be for SDCC either, but it would be really cool if we were to expect even more exclsuives at SDCC, I'd have something else to buy to offset shipping costs.

Lets see other iron man costumes possible.

Mark VIII

Sentient Armor

Heroes Reborn

Ultimate

Hulk Buster

WWH Hulk Buster

Thor Buster

Hypervelocity Armor

HOM Armor

A-Next Mainframe

Skin Armor

Various Space Armors

Various Stealth Armors

Artic Armor, Hydro Armor, etc, etc.

It's a shame we could never possibly see every armor made. Most of the important ones are done though.

Strange....

....how did Tony get a bottle of Ambrosia from Battlestar Galactica..........

very strange indeed.

***for those who are all like ????, it is the same bottle that came with Tigh.

Edited by pickle

Wow, much impressed by that box. Only problem I have is it makes the original IM yellow an red mate look a bit bland in comparison.

Thanks TBT for listing the issues they appeared in I was able to look up the covers.

For those that care... and want to check out where these armors come from...

Modular Armor Iron Man, #300

Proto-Classic Iron Man, The first Red/Gold IM from Tales of Suspense #48 (Extra mask ToS #55?)

Recovery Armor Iron Man #191

Demon In A Bottle Iron Man! #128 - well Tony Stark anyway ;)

Because I'm awake, and am in a manic, OCD mood (and have cleaned enough for now), here are some pics of TBT's helpful listing, courtesy of the guys who have been selling comics, at least, since I was a wee little one, Mile High Comics:

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...856589026%20300

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...856589026%20191

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...%20128%20SIGNED

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/back...5556731898%2048

--by the way, I can not stand that crappy, 90s Iron Man (with this and the X-Men cartoon thread, I apparently think everything about that decade sucked. . .which it did). Oh well, you have to take the good with the bad, I guess.--

Edited by karamazov80

Wow, much impressed by that box. Only problem I have is it makes the original IM yellow an red mate look a bit bland in comparison.

Thanks TBT for listing the issues they appeared in I was able to look up the covers.

Speaking of which ... some websites with great IM cover references:

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/tales-of-suspense/2

and

http://www.coverbrowser.com/covers/iron-man

Good god, LTD ED has to get this in. It is AMAZING. I only have Zombie IM and the one the came with Ghost Rider, so this will be great. Now I need to get myself an armory...

Vig

Wow. Just wow. These look stunning. You can never have enough Iron Man's (Iron Men?)

I love all of these suits. My only problem is that this makes HulkBuster and Ultimate Iron Man seem unlikely as we have sooooooo many other suits now, but DST never says never.

Nice work DST!